Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could have been worse ...I guess :(
Had fun & games on Tuesday when a lorry decided to cross 2 lanes on a roundabout and take out the front of the car.  He damaged the nearside wing, pretty much took the front bumper off (it was only hanging on my a thread on the drivers side), damaged the wheel arch liner and the nearside fog lamp.

The idiot said it was my fault because he'd indicated (which he did at the last minute, when he was already alongside me Dodgy ).  Luckily I have dashcam footage which clearly shows him forcing his way in to my lane.  If I'd been on a motorcycle I wouldn't be writing about my poor damaged 306 ….I might not be writing at all.

I'm hoping to sort it out privately with the well known transport company involved but they said they'd get back to me and haven't.  If I go through the insurance I'm almost certain they'll write off the car.

Here are some pics.  I now have a 'frankenstein' look to the front bumper as it & the wheel arch liner are all stitched back together with cable ties for now.  Luckily it happened only 200 yards from the girlfriends house & I was able to nurse the car back where I could make temporary repairs to drive it.

...oh and the hockey stick is 'missing in action'.  Watching the dashcam footage I saw it ping off in to a neighbouring lane but didn't realise at the time.  At least is now matches the other side which broke off last year!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Could have been worse ...I guess :( - by Mighty306 - 20-06-2019, 10:30 AM