Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi 2.0 Not starting
Hi All,

First time  poster here so please be gentle!!!

My 2002 306 2.0 HDi Meridian is refusing to start.

I have reviewed some of the replies to similar posts on this forum and will continue to do so as an when I get the chance but in the meantime maybe  I can get a few brief pointers in this thread.

The last time the car ran I moved it off the drive to let the Missus past, re-parked and 2 hours later the car wouldn't start and hasn't since. Also, a few days ago it took longer to start than normal, for no apparent reason.

I can crank the engine over until the battery dies, there is fuel getting to the HP pump, I disconnected the fuel line to it to check. I don't know if the pump is producing anything on the high pressure side. How do I check?

I have checked the engine bay and driver side fuses and they all seem fine.

There is the engine warning light on the dash. I got one of those elm327? diagnostic scanner + app , a cheapo off ebay a while back and the only diagnostics I got was p0120 & p0220 relating to the Throttle Position Sensor circuit (A & B).  

I measured the voltage output from this and got ~0.45 - 3.9v on the yellow wire and half that on White (or vice versa) , 0v ish on the green, 5v on red. Another poster on this forum got the same similar values and I assume they are normal though I think a new TPS is on the cards.

Would a dodgy TPS cause this fault, I would have thought not but I don't know the mind of the ECU, perhaps it won't let me start because it's given me plenty of warning.

Could it be the immobilizer, do they go wrong often and if so can it be bypassed easily?

If any of you good people can throw me a bone I would be most grateful.

Cheers , Pete

Update: July '19. PP2000 scanner suggested FPR fault. I fitted a new fuel pressure regulator and It now start and runs fine. See comments below for more details
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
HDi 2.0 Not starting - by petesk8 - 02-06-2019, 05:18 PM
RE: HDi 2.0 Not starting - by C2K - 04-06-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: HDi 2.0 Not starting - by petesk8 - 04-06-2019, 10:32 PM
RE: HDi 2.0 Not starting - by petesk8 - 13-06-2019, 08:47 PM
RE: HDi 2.0 Not starting - by cully - 14-06-2019, 09:10 AM
RE: HDi 2.0 Not starting - by petesk8 - 14-06-2019, 10:26 AM
RE: HDi 2.0 Not starting - by petesk8 - 27-07-2019, 11:44 AM