Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Pre-Combustion Chambers
Hi All,

Not been on here for ages! 306 had been being far too reliable to be on here to be honest (no offence intended, i just haven't needed any of you!).

Long story short it stopped being reliable in a small way (stop solenoid) and by the time I next started it (three solenoids later) I got paranoid about every odd noise and thought I'd done some terrible damage to the engine.

Head came off - no damage to the head and none to the block or cylinders. Engine looks pretty much like new in the bottom end after 160000 miles. All good so far - probably should have left well alone! Valves out and I think I've found the/an issue - all the seats are pitted and worn. Cylinder head off to the machinist to be cleaned and pressure tested which it passed but unfortunately all four pre-chambers have cracks. They also recon all the valve guides and seats need replacement but I'm not convinced on that one.

So here's the questions:

1. Is there a specification for cracks in the pre-chambers/head that can be ignored as there is with VW IDI engines or do I need to change the chambers?

2. Does anyone know where to get pre-chambers for an XUD9TE?

TIA

Rich
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Cracked Pre-Combustion Chambers - by RAW - 11-02-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: Cracked Pre-Combustion Chambers - by jamie182 - 13-02-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: Cracked Pre-Combustion Chambers - by RAW - 15-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VE pump cracked...thoughts? Piggy 3 1,860 04-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Piggy
Sad Cracked head somewhere... toseland 12 2,794 10-07-2014, 10:53 PM