Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.6 Petrol SPARES OR REPAIRS - £250
For Sale:

1999 1.6 Petrol 306 Meridian - Sold as spares or repairs - £250
Current mileage ~ 89,000
MOT passed in May with no advisories.

This is currently my daily driver, however I am selling as spares or repairs as there is a significant vibration at anything above 50mph. This started a week ago after I replaced the clutch release bearing, I assume it is something driveshaft related, however having just started a new job I just don't have the time to look into it. I have replaced the N/S driveshaft which didn't fix it, and I have a new O/S driveshaft which I haven't been able to try yet, this will be included in the sale.

This may well be a very easy fix for someone, in which case they will have a very good car, I just don't have the time to do it myself. I have owned the car for 5 years and in that time I have covered around 60,000 miles. It uses no oil or water and has been utterly dependable until the last week.

My intention was to keep the car for the foreseeable future so in the last year it has had the following new parts fitted as preventative maintenance:
- Engine oil and filter change this month
- Timing belt and water pump
- PAS belt
- Alternator Belt
- N/S Driveshaft
- Clutch release bearing + new transmission oil
- ARB Droplinks and bushes
- New front wishbones and balljoints

It also has:
- 205 speedlines with 4x michelin tyres with more than 5mm tread
- Eibach lowering springs and GTi torsion bars
- GTi rear ARB
- Bilstein B4 dampers all round, ~15,000 miles ago

I will include the original front and rear springs, and the original anti-roll bar too.

The bodywork is in good condition for the age, only the usual stone chips and the odd small dent from car parks etc. Being a meridian, it is a decent spec with half leather, rain sensing wipers and aircon which still works!

Note: roof bars and bike racks not included

[Image: y4mceefk86RFYL-U3Dr4fTL2uOtoqtwhGXtfjKfC...pmode=none]

[Image: y4m80urRsxZypP-Z51l16HymKlF_8kaKb_Wx5iF9...pmode=none]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
1.6 Petrol SPARES OR REPAIRS - £250 - by mattsrallye - 07-09-2018, 07:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOR SALE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs Poodle 26 7,413 18-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Spares/repairs IS200 £250 doski 2 1,831 05-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: doski
  BMW e46 325Ci spares or repairs Leemus 0 1,157 07-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Leemus