Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 306 sedan rear torsion bar adjustment
I'm now at my friends place where I have access to tools etc.
I've refined my process of checking the camber using a level to find a good spot for the car, and to check the camber on the rear wheels. Still I'm finding a reasonable amount of positive camber on the right, and at least double on the left. It is noticeable when looking from a distance also.
However after removing the wheels, applying jack pressure at various places on the trailing arm shows no movement in the bearings. 
I also was able to get a good grip on the trailing arm with big stilson pipewrench and pipe extension. Trying to twist the arm down in the positive camber direction also produced no movement in the arm. I also had the magnetic level on the brake drum while I was doing this.
The difference in camber between the ARP plate and the brake drum appeared to be the same on both sides, so I can only presume the pivot pin is on the wrong angle in the trailing arm from the factory.
I dont know which is worse, noticing the camber problem, or not being able to fix it. (-:
The tyre has worn more on the inside than other tyres, not dramaticly as yet.

Maybe I can  use the kit I ordered to do up a disc rear end from an xsi 205/306 in the long run.
I have had the thought, that if the ARB plate could be sealed, you could run some heavy gear oil in the tube, perhaps by
adding a fitting to the centre. If it was near the bottom you could drain it if need be, and with a clear hose tied up high, you could also see the level, and it would act as a breather.
Ron
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1999 306 sedan rear torsion bar adjustment - by weka - 03-07-2018, 08:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear suspension, torsion bar to mcpherson Insanity-74 21 3,638 01-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Anyone in the north east that can lower rear torsion bar Moh 2 1,504 31-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Moh
  Rear beam/torsion bar seals when replacing rtha6551 5 2,173 24-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Last Post: underground375