Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor throttle response, misfire fixed!
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum so be nice Wink   As the title suggests I've got poor throttle response when blipping the throttle. Under normal road driving it's not an issue and I can live with it, it's when you start pushing things that it's causing me a bit of grief, heel-toe can be a little tricky as it's sluggish to pick up. It also likes to pop and split flames if I touch the throttle on de-acceleration (VERY loud sometimes, I've half expected to see a banana peeled tail pipe!)

Now this is where it is really confusing me, when I first start the engine and it's in open loop the throttle responce is amazing, it's when it switches to closed loop that the response becomes bad.

With a the use of a scanner I've studied the live data, when I blip the throttle in closed loop the ignition retards massively! About 30 degrees after TDC, in open loop it doesn't do this Confused Another thing I've noticed is the Long term fuel trim on idle is around -13% but when I raise the RMP it goes down to -25%!

The first thing I replaced was the upstream Lambda sensor as It was old and had my doubts about it, no difference! I then moved onto the knock sensor thinking that the massive timing retard was causing the issue, nope was still the same! I then replaced the MAP and throttle position sensors with you guessed it.....no change. That's when I moved onto the fuel pressure regulator after looking the fuel trim, replaced that today and I've still got bad throttle response!! The next thing on the list is injectors, my thinking is that I must have a one thats weeping a little bit.

Any help I will really apreciate!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Poor throttle response, misfire fixed! - by bilboaustin - 31-10-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Poor throttle response - by cully - 10-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Poor throttle response - by bilboaustin - 11-11-2016, 05:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Misfire nile306gti6 4 3,863 16-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  What's the problem now? FIXED Matt 19 1,932 06-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Matt