Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Liquid Yellow Renault Sport Megane R26
Well the cat's well and truly out of the bag now, after Ace last night Big Grin

Two weekends ago I went up to Cambridge to view a car...

Advert Blurb:

My immaculate liquid yellow Renault Megane RenaultSport 230 F1 Team R26 (phew!) is for sale. It’s a 2008 (08 plate) car that has covered just under 22000 miles (build number 3156). Full Service History, just serviced (5 year) for its new owner, MOT till end April 2014, will be sold with 6 months tax.

Service History:
6/6/2009 @ 1993 miles Stratstone Aston Martin
12/6/2010 @ 5726 miles Renault Wests Cambridge
19/5/2011 @ 11674 miles Renault Wests Cambridge
21/5/2012 @ 17449 miles Renault Wests Cambridge
23/4/2013 @ 21755 miles Renault Wests Cambridge

Clean bill of health at the most recent service. It has been absolutely perfect in my ownership with no issues. I have all the paper work for car even down to receipts for wiper blades!

General Condition:
Fabulous condition inside and out, no dents, dings or scratches. The interior is as unmarked as you would expect for the mileage. It does have the usual stone chips across the front bumper and rear arches but otherwise the paintwork is in excellent condition. The wheels are unmarked having been refurbished three weeks ago by Pristine Alloy Wheels in Milton Keynes. Tyres fitted are Continental ContiSportContact 5P (fronts 5mm, rears 4mm).

It was featured in Autocar (9th November 2011), I have a copy of the magazine and digital copies of the images taken to go with the car. I’m the third owner having bought the car from a MeganeSport.net area representative in November 2010.

Specification: All the usual R26 goodies
Leather / alcantara Recaro seats
Cup chassis including LSD
6 speed gearbox
Anthracite 18inch alloy wheels
Brembo brakes
Climate control
Cruise control & speed limiter
Auto lights with Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs fitted
Headlight washers
Auto windscreen wipers
Electric, heated, folding mirrors
Switchable ESP and traction control
Trip computer
Remote radio controls
Genuine RenaultSport floor mats

Modifications:
I have always run it on Shell V-power.
MeganeSport.net short shift (the other must-have)
Forge Dump Valve (thankfully subtle in operation) with the parts to return it to standard if required.

Boring bits:
I have both keys for the car. The private plate is not included in the sale and is in the process of being removed. Test drives won’t be granted without proof of insurance. HPI clear, no accident damage.

Summary:
A lovely car that has been well looked after and enthusiast owned. For sale as I have a Porsche itch to scratch. The car is located in Cambridge.

After viewing and driving it, I decided I quite wanted it, and therefore a deposit was left.

The remainder of the funds were raised, and late in the night last weekend, after PPC in the Park, Ruan & I went on a ninja-mission to collect it.....

After a very *ahem* entertaining 'investigative' drive around Cambridge during which many shouts of "f*ck me it's quick" were enunciated, we grabbed food and headed home..

I haven't taken any photos since, but gave it a clean on Sunday as the weather was nice

I'm totally in love! It drives amazingly, it's bloody powerful, has so many toys (working aircon, speed limiter, cruise control, trip computer, electric folding wing mirrors, half-decent audio (by comparison to the pugs anyway!), auto lights, keyless entry, push button start...)

It's quite a firm ride, but it's so well damped etc, and there are no annoying rattles anywhere, it just drives like a new car!

Just to clarify (particularly for those in on the bet), the only modifications to the car are a dump valve and a short shifter, and some carbon fibre wrap on the mirror caps, and a bit of alcantara on the dash centre console. The rules are that I'm not allowed to modify the car for a year. So this will be a very boring project thread, bar some sexy photos, and probably some trackday videos.

So yeah, thought I'd best get a car with 4-pots, a turbo and an LSD as standard then!!! Should keep me occupied for a year hopefully!! Tongue

Just realised the best thing; Fooby doesn't know, and it'll be at least a month before he checks on here and sees this! lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
2008 Liquid Yellow Renault Sport Megane R26 - by Ed Doe - 21-05-2013, 08:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renaultsport Megane R26 Scott 78 24,582 08-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Scott