306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
The Racetractor. The End. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Racetractor. The End. (/showthread.php?tid=8415)

RE: 2.1GTd...likes SQUEEEEEEEAAALL! (videos!) - akuma406 - 20-09-2014

Piggy, that sound a compressor is leaking boost?
Because I have that sound, and I thought that would be the turbo was dying. . .

RE: 2.1GTd...likes SQUEEEEEEEAAALL! (videos!) - Piggy - 20-09-2014

Can be turbo dying....not in this case.

Spray all your joints and manifold joins with some soapy solution and rev up to boost and see for bubbles!

Currently lowering engine by 5.9mm, repairing exhaust leak and plugging some boost leaks....

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost - Piggy - 20-09-2014

Squeal no more!!

Exhaust leak and big boost leak fixed, lowered it 6mm or so too to get clearance on the MC.

Got the tiniest leak from I think the plastic mani inlet, on factory join, so need to get that alloy one on asap.

But, dang, she goes well. 1.4bar now with fixing the squeal. No hint of haze so needs more fuel!

But it kinda goes mental now down a B road on full boost! Love it!! Haha

Just got a bit of a engine to chassi sort of knock to find then its back to sorting the arduino

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost - 306Dan - 20-09-2014

Great news, have you got a new vid of how she shifts?

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost - Dum-Dum - 20-09-2014

I bet she goes well now. Smile

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost - Piggy - 20-09-2014

Cant keep my phone attached to anything long enough for the video! Just falls off or breaks whatever i use! lol

Think the knock I got isnt helping, will sort that tomorrow and get a video or two up Smile

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost - Piggy - 21-09-2014

An hour.

Thats an hour I wont get back in my life.

An hour trying to get the lower front wishbone bolt started.

Ive bashed almost evert part of my hand, arm and head.

Still not having any of it.

That STUPID self retaining nut. Driving me nutz (!)

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost - Toms306 - 21-09-2014

Moaning about it on here won't help tbh. Tongue

Is it spinning? Just wedge a screwdriver in there!

Just making a cuppa before I take my hammer to the wing/bonnet/windscreen!

Its not spinning just kinking as the bolt starts to push through. Ive tried 50 different times with different levers and ways to try and hold it in place. Doesnt wana know.

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost - Toms306 - 21-09-2014

lol

Need to perhaps bend the metal around it on the subframe and get a spanner in there...hmmmm

So.....ended up ripping the bolt and clip thing out and holding it with a spanner. Bloody thing. A 20min job became a 1.5hr annoyance!

Anyway...

Not that quick tbh. Does go but it will take a lot more fuel...just a quick puff of greyish smoke as you nail it...then clear!!! lol turbo response is maaaad good

And i couldnt help but film the turbo as it chatters down when engine shuts down...

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Frosty - 21-09-2014

Bit off topic but where did you get that battery terminal box thing from or whats it off?

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Piggy - 22-09-2014

BMWs Smile

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - ash23 - 22-09-2014

looks like it goes well enough mate ? the gt20 on the estate makes thos noises on shutting down thougjt id killed it when it did it for the first time Big Grin you up at Donnington for the expo?

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Eeyore - 22-09-2014

(21-09-2014, 01:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just making a cuppa before I take my hammer to the wing/bonnet/windscreen!

Its not spinning just kinking as the bolt starts to push through. Ive tried 50 different times with different levers and ways to try and hold it in place. Doesnt wana know.

I had this problem on the estate and it just spins. I had to get a grinder and grind the subframe down to get a spanner in so that i could hold the nut. Such a bad design.

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Nath140889 - 25-09-2014

Arc welded the bolts to the sub frame on the old dturbo when i changed subframes from phase1 to a phase 3 one, the retaining design on the phase1's was miles better

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Piggy - 25-09-2014

Few miles on it now....

All going ok

Feels a little flat to be honest once she is going....whiplash torque is what my wife is describing as a passenger on initial acceleration but it does feel like it needs more boost and fuel passed 3400/3500rpm for sure.

It will stay as it is for now though until I get arduino working even in basic form as theres too much compressor stall for my liking already!!! Although it is kinda cool pulling up outside a shop/house/anyone and switching engine off for the turbo to keep whistling and then pfts pfts chatter chatter tssssssss.

I love that Inlove but again not a great thing for the poor shaft

Hope to get arduino working before the rolling road on the 19th of October...target is around 26/7psi or 1.8bar if you prefer. Not sure I can get that safely now without it starting to surge or very high EMPs.

Anyway....taking bets on BHP and FtLbs figures for the RR......

?????

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Matt-Rallye - 25-09-2014

So your coming too the RR yes? Tongue

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Piggy - 25-09-2014

Yes. Ive said it enough times havnt I!!!!

Only I wont be there till perhaps 1ish Undecided

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Piggy - 27-09-2014

Another 3 hours of my life wasted on Arduino.

What a pile of crap. Seperate loom just for the RPM sensor plus added earth just for the rpm sensor and still I get a idle speed of between -33000 and 25000rpm.

How people manage to get on with these stupid little useless arduino boards I really dont know. Ready to take a hammer/gun/bomb to the arduino!!!

Angry Angry Angry

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Toms306 - 27-09-2014

Bad workman blames his tools. Tongue

Not in the mood tom

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - bashbarnard - 27-09-2014

Take a break from it if at all possible. I have this feeling constantly when I work on my mini.

I did...like a 2week break!!!!!

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Toms306 - 27-09-2014

(27-09-2014, 02:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: Not in the mood tom

Oh. Sad Was trying to lighten the mood for you, we all know in a few days time you'll have it sorted and be posting faster vids... Wink

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - jammapic - 27-09-2014

Some people can't work electronics :p

You'll sort it.

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Dum-Dum - 27-09-2014

I thought Ruan and Tom had given you some big help?

(27-09-2014, 07:10 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I thought Ruan and Tom had given you some big help?

Just on the turbo side of things when I thought it was all dead.

They are great for info but rightly so want to me to work through it myself which is what I need to do.

I do feel a bit like Im swimming way too deep though, just baffling me.

Especially when the fault isnt consistent. So annoying

RE: 2.1GTd...likes to go mental on boost...VIDEOS - Piggy - 29-09-2014

Ok.

[attachment=19295]

So I have SORT of found the fault.

Running the arduino from a battery behind my seat and no connections between car and arduino other than sensors.

And it all works ok.

There is still a weird poor continuity between earth on the car and the arduino which is bizarre.

Thing is...I dont really wana have to drive with a spare battery for the arduino...so Im now scratching my head as to how to sort the problem now I have sort of found it!!!