306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
The Racetractor. The End. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Racetractor. The End. (/showthread.php?tid=8415)

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Frosty - 25-06-2014

I had an unsprung paddle in my car and once you get use to it i dont think there that bad to drive with. Well until i had the issue of burning it out for some reason which i think was due to me having it fitted the wrong way :/

I need to ring CG and see if they can re-face it

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Piggy - 25-06-2014

(25-06-2014, 09:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Piggy I've just been on the phone to Pug and there is no stock in the country of XUD11 exhaust manifold gaskets or the breather up the front of the block you had to replace (and I'm having to replace) if your home brew fix isn't holding. Apparently its showing that its the end of this month they'll be in so middle of next month probably lol. Anyway If you want them get them ordered before they go back order again or before pug decide to NFP them.

How much was that pipe?

I do think its the same as the xud9 one mind Smile

(25-06-2014, 09:26 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Got this turbo on yet? I'm waiting or the epic clutch slip and you manning up and buying this paddle clutch Wink

Be a darling...

Accept my offer (coz no one else will buy ya clutch Tongue)

And send it to me pweese.

Otherwise turbo aint going on.

Pointless to do the manifold pipes/flanges and turbo when I need to take that all off to swap the clutch anyway.

So if no clutch, no GTB. So no GTB for Prescott Hill I think Undecided

And a HUGE thanks to Danny who via whatsapp suggested the plastic bit on my boot catch to be culprit for awful boot squeaks n squawks...

Its SO quiet now...

Well other than heavy road noise, a XUD11 and choo choo sounds!!

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Dum-Dum - 26-06-2014

The breather pipe wasnt alot, just over £20 maybe IIRC

I ordered about £100 worth of stuff so dont really have an idea.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - mcglynn - 26-06-2014

Piggy what was the cause of the squeak if you dont mind me asking?

My tailgate squeaks somehow, it seems to be when the chassis 'twists' though, one side up on a speed hump and the other down.

Strange really but im interested in a possible solution lol

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Poodle - 26-06-2014

Well, Jonny's has worn down in only a few thousand miles and scored the flywheel; people have had friction material fall off the plate; springs snap way short of the max torque rating; very inconsistent information from the sales staff with regards to torque-holding capabilities; clutch plate mounted back to front; 4 different clutches in as many months from people all buying what was meant to be the same product; serious issues with trying to return faulty products for repair or refund... that's all i can remember at the mo, but i'm sure there have been other issues. Bizarrely the issues do seem to be centred around the HDi-type clutches, but then again i can't recall anyone who did more than a couple of thousand miles on an XUD one. Tbf the last serious cock-ups i saw were a couple of years ago, but yet to be convinced the company has improved. The only people i've seen recommend them are those who have broken or sold their car within 5k of fitting the CG, so not what i'd call a ringing endorsement lol.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Piggy - 26-06-2014

The boot squeak n squawk sounds similar to what you describe and was down to the catch pin plastic being worn. Spun it round, so worn bit faces you, you'll see it clear enough, and its fine now!!

Thing is poodle....there isnt much other options. Exedy say that cant supply one unless its custom... £1000+ and Sachs say theirs wont hold more than 60% increase

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - silverzx - 26-06-2014

Just stick with a valeo/LUK.

But my valeo is beginning to slip...with my GT2056s...

Cant see a new valeo being up to holding MORE power?!

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - silverzx - 26-06-2014

Dunno then, just grit your teeth and go CG. As you've said, what other choice do you have? None. Crack on with it.

I will be...

So stop arguing...unless someone has a better suggestion! lol

With going away the weekend before pugfest...leaves me this weekend to do the GTB. and that would take a 7day weekend!

Will have to stick with the GT20s for now Undecided

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - mr_fish - 26-06-2014

(26-06-2014, 10:05 AM)silverzx Wrote: Dunno then, just grit your teeth and go CG. As you've said, what other choice do you have? None. Crack on with it.

I only went CG as it seemed a good idea at the time. I've actually just looked at my mileage record I have for the car and I'm closing in on 3000 miles on the unsprung clutch.

I've driven the car most days when it's had more diesel than the other one and wouldn't bother me...

CG man asked at the time if I was doing daily town driving in it and would strongly discourage it. Typically it was all about racecar at the time so I said no. Can see there maybe an issue with ALOT of stop start but i've managed pretty well. Clutch is still relatively light (as a new 306 setup).

I'm not exactly repping massive torque figures but as I said, seemed a good idea at the time.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Tom - 26-06-2014

I drove un sprung daily for what 6 months maybe? No issues really, you get used to it. If all you do is drive in taffic it would get boring, but judging by some of your videos you'll be fine.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Frosty - 26-06-2014

(26-06-2014, 06:00 AM)Poodle Wrote: Well, Jonny's has worn down in only a few thousand miles and scored the flywheel

This is similar issue i had with mine but mine scored the pressure plate

[Image: 5BCB3388-C7D6-4C84-82DB-1ADF15DC59AC_zpsz9b1agbc.jpg]

[Image: DDB065F6-C0D1-4288-8C24-A799118AAA74_zpshe7gos1f.jpg]

was that a valeo pressure plate though frosty?

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - procta - 26-06-2014

(24-06-2014, 08:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: Budget is a little dependant on what I am offered...

Anyone got some reccomendations??

yeah an AA badge at the front and a XND badge for the rear! makes all the difference.
This will be a better sleeper than mine piggy, as i have drove a good setup HDI sleeper, and i have to say the 306 sleeper is an all round better car, as you can play with the setup more.
shame you are down the country other wise we could have had a sleeper shoot out!

you coming to any meets??

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Niall - 26-06-2014

(26-06-2014, 02:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: you coming to any meets??

No. He drives a rover. It will break down on the way Wink

2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Frosty - 26-06-2014

(26-06-2014, 12:51 PM)Piggy Wrote: was that a valeo pressure plate though frosty?

Yeah brand new valeo pressure plate when I fitted the CG

that maybe why it scored.

Amongst the many emails with CG, I was asking about the use of Valeo pressure plate with CG friction...

they said basically two issues:

1) it will only hold about 40% more power (as opposed to 250% more power with CGs own pressure plate and bearing)
2) they cannot say how the material of the valeo pressure plate will cope

(26-06-2014, 03:42 PM)Piggy Wrote: that maybe why it scored.

Amongst the many emails with CG, I was asking about the use of Valeo pressure plate with CG friction...

they said basically two issues:

1) it will only hold about 40% more power (as opposed to 250% more power with CGs own pressure plate and bearing)
2) they cannot say how the material of the valeo pressure plate will cope

Will be interesting to see what mine looks like when I pull it apart. As thats all I'm using.

You fitted a new valeo when you fitted the engine didn't you?

you must have fair torque figures if its slipping now, please stick it on the rollers before it's pulled apart for the fresh blower Tongue Big Grin

I know I know...but £50 on the rollers could make a big difference in bits to to get the GTB done...like going towards a new clutch!!

Yeah, new valeo, if you mash it in third, 1.5bar at 1900rpm...in the wet, wheels spin, in the dry hot June weather, clutch slips!

But to be fair to it, its done nearly 12k miles now and Dumdums 2.1 original saloon was slipping on a valeo on standard ish tune!...but then it was Dumdum who put it together lol

(26-06-2014, 03:51 PM)Piggy Wrote: I know I know...but £50 on the rollers could make a big difference in bits to to get the GTB done...like going towards a new clutch!!

Yeah, new valeo, if you mash it in third, 1.5bar at 1900rpm...in the wet, wheels spin, in the dry hot June weather, clutch slips!

But to be fair to it, its done nearly 12k miles now and Dumdums 2.1 original saloon was slipping on a valeo on standard ish tune!...but then it was Dumdum who put it together lol

^^ :ROFL:

I get where your coming from with the costings of it all.

As people have said, the XUD11 really is a torque monster. Equipped with a newer generation GT blower your asking a lot from the clutch.

Crack on though and make some decisions Smile ThumbsUp

I kinda have.
Not rushing it for sake of breaking things or bodging...

So no GTB for pugfest.

At pugfest I will be collecting the CG clutch danny is selling.
Then I can put new clutch in and fresh Total pug spec oil.

In meantime, finish flanges and work on Arduino setup so I can bypass the boost can trial and error stage.

Then I PROMISE...it will be dyno'd :-)

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Chris_90 - 26-06-2014

(26-06-2014, 03:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: I kinda have.
Not rushing it for sake of breaking things or bodging...

So no GTB for pugfest.

At pugfest I will be collecting the CG clutch danny is selling.
Then I can put new clutch in and fresh Total pug spec oil.

In meantime, finish flanges and work on Arduino setup so I can bypass the boost can trial and error stage.

Then I PROMISE...it will be dyno'd :-)

Does that mean I'm bringing it to pugfest for you?

I think so!! lol

Danny said he had already checked with you?

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - procta - 26-06-2014

you are bit far sadly, if there was a one more close i would look into coming down!

(26-06-2014, 02:14 PM)Niall Wrote:

No. He drives a rover. It will break down on the way Wink

wash your mouth out Niall Tongue my gta drove like a new car all the way down to sliverstone last year, went around the area and circuit and come all the way back up. with out missing a beat!! Tongue
also my rover is built not bought too! Tongue

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Poodle - 26-06-2014

Lol at their assessment of the material in valeo pressure plate, so amazingly full of shit. I suppose the standard flywheel will only take 40% more torque too, but no doubt their own will handle 3million% more. Helix or sachs both do great paddle clutches, never heard of anyone having problems with either, even at 200bhp plus. Then again you get what you pay for i suppose. Only doing this fyi so will pipe down now, it's your decision, although i reserve the right to say i told you so. lol

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Chris_90 - 26-06-2014

(26-06-2014, 04:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: I think so!! lol

Danny said he had already checked with you?

Yer that's fine with me, saves postage Wink

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - silverzx - 27-06-2014

Oh yeah.. Kinda forgot this is a 2.1 amongst all the debate..

2.1 GTB.. B*tch!

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her 21mm TBs....arduino headaches - Piggy - 27-06-2014

Would a "2.1 GTd GTb" badge be too much?! Undecided

Hahaha lmao