306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
The Racetractor. The End. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Racetractor. The End. (/showthread.php?tid=8415)

RE: 2.1 GTd...10mm fuel lines sorted :) - Piggy - 21-04-2014

Think I done enough flocking for now...got a pile of bits to be fitted...about time I fitted them and stopped giving meself more jobs to finish!!

Heres a pic all lit up...

[attachment=15647]

Smile

Happy how it all matches quite well. Only gripe is boost gauge needle is white, not orange Undecided

OK, more for my own reference, but heres my FCS to do list:
  • Clean carpets
  • Clean seats
  • Restore leather
  • Fix boot rattles and tidy wiring
  • Fit fresh wings
  • Fit fresh bonnet
  • Fit fresh front and rear bumpers
  • Paint up towbar
  • Paint brake calipers
  • fit new wheels
  • Refurb RSX suspension
  • Fit RSX suspension
  • fit 21mm TBs (if enough time)
  • Fit new drop links
  • Wheel alignment
  • Finish DRL setup
  • Reseal headlights
  • Remove small dings in doors and roof
  • Flat, polish, wax bodywork
  • Clean up engine bay
  • fit new sump
  • fit splitter
  • service inc gearbox oil change

RE: 2.1 GTd...and the FCS to do list - Dum-Dum - 23-04-2014

You forgot coming and picking up the torsion bars.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and the FCS to do list - Niall - 23-04-2014

How are you going about DRLs? Just converting the fogs or using the side lights?

RE: 2.1 GTd...and the FCS to do list - Piggy - 23-04-2014

(23-04-2014, 07:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You forgot coming and picking up the torsion bars.

Ah yes!

But you forgot to reply to my text and pm Tongue

(23-04-2014, 07:30 PM)Niall Wrote: How are you going about DRLs? Just converting the fogs or using the side lights?

1st stage is done, that of a indicator stalk that does twin optics but only has rear fog.
Fog lights guna be modded and then wired in to ignition.

I hope.

Don't forget they will need to switch off when the side lights or headlights come on.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and the FCS to do list - Dum-Dum - 23-04-2014

Think I might have a new phone number (or just using the older one)

The oil line is buried in my garage currently however if you want to pop over either thursday/friday evening, saturday/sunday mornings or monday/tuesday during the day.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and the FCS to do list - Piggy - 23-04-2014

(23-04-2014, 07:37 PM)Niall Wrote: Don't forget they will need to switch off when the side lights or headlights come on.

Yeah, working on that, however I have seen a few brand new cars retain their DRLs at night with lights on, so need to do some law checking

(23-04-2014, 07:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Think I might have a new phone number (or just using the older one)

The oil line is buried in my garage currently however if you want to pop over either thursday/friday evening, saturday/sunday mornings or monday/tuesday during the day.

Im flat out for next couple weeks mind...but pm your number babes Smile

IIRC if they are LED ones then its ok but if standard bulb type, they have to turn off. I think the reason is so as not to cause confusion when you see a car coming towards you at night (because you know, a big noisy thing with bright lights is confusing) but seeing as LED headlights are now legal, i suppose that could change again!

RE: 2.1 GTd...and the FCS to do list - Piggy - 25-04-2014

if there is any moment where a picky Cop or MOt chap wants to argue it, i can just pull a fuse. But there are no traffic cops, well, any cops, round here, unless dumdum visits, and MOT guys are balanced.

in other news, wheels are at tyre shop having rubber fitted. and no spacers have arrived, which is annoying to be honest as I be doing a lot of miles this weekend and wanted my summer rubber on and winter rubber resting as its getting munched in warm weather.

My stat also seems to be hinting at a warm summer as I think its stuck open...73degrees no matter how much I hoon, not the usual 83, so just ordered one of those. Annoying as I put a new one in when I built it up.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and the FCS to do list - Piggy - 04-05-2014

Sun was shining....so I did a couple bits...

[attachment=15955]
[attachment=15956]
[attachment=15957]

Spot the obvious and less obvious mods Smile

Still cant figure out why the gauge is reading 73ish rather than 83ish degrees though.

I did find a kink in my 10mm fuel line mind, which may explain the lack of poke and cradle rattle I been having!!

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Dum-Dum - 04-05-2014

She looks beautiful mate.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Piggy - 04-05-2014

(04-05-2014, 05:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: She looks beautiful mate.

Thanks man.

Guna start polishing this week...a panel at a time!

Think Ive found coolant temp issue...my needle has beeb bashed down too low!!!

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Jimbo - 04-05-2014

Looking good 206 cyclones??
Oh that 'zorst looks a fair size too??

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Grant - 04-05-2014

Looks really smart mate. Love the wheels Smile

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Niall - 04-05-2014

Looks great mate. Shame it's 5 door though :p

5dr for the win....I dont get the whole 5dr hate. I think it looks better and not having to get out to let passengers in suits me!!!

Yeah 206 GTi mk1 alloys in cossack grey

Nah exhaust aint THAT big. Just the right size.

Note the new splitter and sideskirt mod too! Smile

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - ozonehostile - 04-05-2014

I wasn't too keen on the yellow calipers when you said on whatsapp, but they look good on the car :-)

Your needle being too low and a dead blower motor seem to make sense for the other niggles too :-)

2.1 GTd...and her summer look - devils_fuel - 04-05-2014

Ph1 style skirts, looks good mate - blends in with the dark wheels. Yellow is a good colour as there is lots of dark.

Loving the 5dr epicness, the haterz are just jealous Wink

(04-05-2014, 07:47 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I wasn't too keen on the yellow calipers when you said on whatsapp, but they look good on the car :-)

Your needle being too low and a dead blower motor seem to make sense for the other niggles too :-)

I did one side first...coz I was 50/50 about the yellow...but I LOVE it now. Guna give it another proper paint at a later date...backs not been done!!!

Need to work out why the heater controls arent operating correctly though...recirc and A/C button not working seems odd.

Also in need of 8 x 60mm long wheel bolts ASAP!!!!!

(04-05-2014, 07:53 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Ph1 style skirts, looks good mate - blends in with the dark wheels.

yeah, I like it, also did one side first to see if I liked it...as soon as the masking tape came off...i was like...having that!!!

Thanks to Jamie(Puglove) though as it was his idea really. Smile

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - sam - 05-05-2014

Looks really good that chap! Liking the new look

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Piggy - 05-05-2014

Wow, thanks sam...means a lot coming from the stance God!

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - sam - 05-05-2014

No worries chap Wink

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - zx_volcane - 05-05-2014

Wheels certainly give it a different look, more aggressive

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Mattcheese31 - 05-05-2014

looking sweet actually fella, liking the "fake" 206 cyclones too . ..good job, high 5 . .Smile

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Piggy - 05-05-2014

Thanks guys....I do like cyclones but do think this is just a little different and definitely edgier than the clones, as said, bit meaner looking. I love em Smile

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - mcvite - 05-05-2014

Looks stunning mate ThumbsUp

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Dum-Dum - 10-05-2014

Got any more pics of your 10mm lines? Specifically the in tank pick up end and how you ran them under the car.
Did you just clamp the 10mm line over the 8mm feed on the pick up or did you molest the pick up?
Is it hard piped under the car or rubber all the way?

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Piggy - 10-05-2014

Rubber all the way.

I duno what peeps on about with 8mm pickup, the pickup is 10mm, with a reducer for the 8mm. Dead simple Smile

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Dum-Dum - 10-05-2014

I need to measure mine then.

RE: 2.1 GTd...and her summer look - Piggy - 10-05-2014

on a side note, my rear outer arches are scrubbing and a new heater fan from ozone hasnt cured my dead heater system.

dont like the rear beam being lower than front anyway, so may just raise the rear a little...coz knocking the lip on the rear arch hasnt completely stopped the scrubbing

Sad Sad