306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
The Racetractor. The End. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Racetractor. The End. (/showthread.php?tid=8415)

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Niall - 05-09-2013

Dont forget to get a breather on that battery mate. Dont want to poison your self!

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 05-09-2013

yeah got it in mind. Need to drill in some fixings for the clamp, so a pipe plus hole will be done!

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - ozonehostile - 05-09-2013

reading and seeing your work last weekend has actually motivated me to get on with my own projects Smile Kudos man

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 05-09-2013

good. Im pleased Smile

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Dum-Dum - 05-09-2013

(05-09-2013, 09:38 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: reading and seeing your work last weekend has actually motivated me to get on with my own projects Smile Kudos man

Snap to that mate.

Pondering bunking work to do my swap.

just get ya appendix out....they give you a sick note.
mind I couldnt do anything while off work...but you're built like an ox so Im sure you wouldnt need as much rest as me!

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Frosty - 05-09-2013

I had a problem with my strut brace as well. What make is yours?

cant remember...its second/third hand

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 06-09-2013

phone dead....

so no pics.

But got throttle cables swapped over.
Rad fan wiring loom sorted...had to use a handy site for wiring diagram...
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/wshtml/electric/ac306/coolfan2/fanop1.htm

very very useful.

Need to install it but at least I got the loom ready.

Also at last finished off the FMIC and air intake piping.
Also mounted the FMIC and plumbed in and mounted the oil cooler....my word aint AN fittings a tight pigs ear

wired in oil sensors too

Thats all I managed today. feeling the effects of not resting and doing 8am-8pm days on the car Sad

just needs coolant,PAS fluid and oil catch tank plus little bit of engine bay tidying and heat proofing and engine bay done...so long as no new oil leaks!!!

then its finish interior and front brakes, new pads and paint and hey presto Im done

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Mrs puglove - 06-09-2013

Not long now!!!

Jay used to spend day in day out on the cars and ended up wearing himself out...dont over do it.Cant wait to see this finished at Combe Smile

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Poodle - 07-09-2013

As above, i've ended up slipping a disc by running myself ragged, go careful mate, it's not a race. Smile

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 07-09-2013

hope to have it all road worthy today.

tune up tomorrow.

stereo monday.

couple new panels mid week.

paint couple bits inbetween

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 07-09-2013

got all the rest of the fluids in it today. Bit concerned its pressurising. But may just be some air still stuck somewhere.

Annoying my oil pressure gauge doesnt seem to work...hits max pressure as soon as ignition is on...not even engine started!

and no rev counter. Any suggestions welcome...not sure what to do as the engine loom is ph1 xud, the sensor is xud on back of fly but the rest of car is ph3 petrol and with phase3 1.9 nad clocks fitted!
everything else seems to work though, like glow plug light etc
will try the petrol clocks tomorrow see if that works...doubt it though

also my EGT gauge or sensor doesnt seem to be working. And the oil temp sensor light keeps not switching on with other lights. so a morning of careful wiring and soldering seemed to go down the pan....looks nice though..

[Image: 20130907_165918_zps5d1b95a3.jpg]

the bottom panel is in cossack grey...just trying it.

got no leaks on oi cooler though, so happy there.
got rad fan wiring soldered in and fitted up. hope it works!!!!!

also got lights in, air filter fixed in, and positive battery cables tidied and main one with a posh high temp protective sleeve to stop the turbo melting it. Also note my funky BMW part

[Image: 20130907_165935_zpsf249fc39.jpg]
[Image: 20130907_165942_zps6a363e6b.jpg]

[Image: 20130907_165950_zps7b9c4610.jpg]

got oil breather/catch tank on this eve too.

so its bonnet catch which is being a pig to fit, door trim, wheels on, bumper on, and its ready for XUD Yoda arriving tomorrow to see if its worth tuning, or just breaking for parts.

EVERYTHING, literally every little job I do on it, has a problem, something wrong, doesnt work or needs a different part.

Starting to do my head in. IF I make next weekend, please wear rose tinted glasses, coz its becoming function more than form at the moment!

just realised...those pics dont show the BMW part or the redone battery wiring.... hang on...

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - sam - 07-09-2013

looks awesome dude, loving it a lot Big Grin what power wise are you hoping for?

(07-09-2013, 07:55 PM)sam Wrote: looks awesome dude, loving it a lot Big Grin what power wise are you hoping for?

to be honest. Just hope it runs ok.

all else fails....my green turd engine will have a very quick rebuild with hdi rods!!!!

heres the new wiring install

[Image: IMG-20130907-WA0010_zpsf28bfca0.jpg]

GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - devils_fuel - 07-09-2013

Good stuff piggy..don't let the bastard grind you down, get on that drive tomorrow and show that French pig who's boss ! lol

(07-09-2013, 08:09 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Good stuff piggy..don't let the bastard grind you done, get on that drive tomorrow and show that French pig who's boss ! lol

I just revved it a little on the drive today, just to seem what sort of smoke it would chuck out back and to get fluids moving round...
and there was an ALMIGHTY knock/bang.

just hoping it was something knocking against something. not the internals

GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - devils_fuel - 07-09-2013

engine movement and/or turbo banging with engine movement/vibrations?

I can relate to no rev counter and speedo, I've changed everything apart from the wiring...scrap the shite lol

speedo works. 1st gear is super tight, gates are so close due to way I have to set up things. but good to know I can get all the gears.

rev counter...whats your issues? ...may just get an aftermarket one. But like to know how this works...so I can have it oem

Rev counter bounces a bit sometimes, go over a bump and it may kick in and then back out but then again it may start and work all day without issues..,.

French are genius's at electrics lol

I think its to do with matching the ph3 tacho with ph1 tech. too tired now

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - ozonehostile - 07-09-2013

any conclusion to what the bang was?

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 08-09-2013

no. I turned it off very quickly.

Xud yoda be here tomorrow...to kill it or tune it!

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Mattcheese31 - 08-09-2013

how do you know your EGT gauge doesn't work, guessing you're just letting it idle so shouldn't register . .Smile

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 08-09-2013

egt, rpm etc are the least of my worries......

[Image: 20130908_162105_zpsd02728b8.jpg]

pressurising within 15/20seconds of running.

and fans come on immediately with just ignition on...how and why i dont know, as its the same loom/relays, just the slimlines replacing the fat boys

suggestions on best methods of suicide welcome

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - ozonehostile - 08-09-2013

Do what I suggested on WhatsApp, pretty sure you just have a massive air lock :-)

like the lows though...

[Image: 20130908_170345_zps4500a7a9.jpg]
[Image: 20130908_170404_zpsd5c76635.jpg]

(08-09-2013, 04:24 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Do what I suggested on WhatsApp, pretty sure you just have a massive air lock :-)

pretty much praying you're right! Itwasntme

GTD 2.1- could be dead. bubbling like a bottle of coke - devils_fuel - 08-09-2013

Flush out the system with a hose pipe and then fill it that way closing off bleed nipples as your go.

My car heater used to go hot/cot/hot/cold, bled it a few times and nothing. I then bled the system normally, then switched off the engine and left it to settle on its own for 12 hrs without the rad cap on..bingo, no airlock

Hope that helps piggy Smile

RE: GTD 2.1- could be dead. bubbling like a bottle of coke - Piggy - 08-09-2013

I feel like a dumbass...this isnt exactly my first time!!! but im just so exhausted and doubtful of my own abilities.

brand new coolant in there...was a clean flushed system anyway.

I bled it and left it overnight. then started it just to move it 20yds and this happened

RE: GTD 2.1- could be dead. bubbling like a bottle of coke - Anton - 08-09-2013

Have you bled it properly?