306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
The Racetractor. The End. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Racetractor. The End. (/showthread.php?tid=8415)

RE: GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - Kezzieboy - 30-08-2013

(29-08-2013, 02:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: well yeah. I didnt use magic!

Tongue Well a lot of these badges have little tabs on don't they, didn't know if you'd used them! Fair one though, come payday I might give you a buzz, but until then I can barely afford food lol

RE: GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - Piggy - 30-08-2013

postage be like a quid I expect. if you want one, just pm ya address and I'll send it

Despite it being 2weeks since op I got a few bits done again today.
busy tomorrow with a gig so it was last chance before lads over sunday....
its all looking good.

got r/n/s arch liner out, arch stone chipped and undersealed and liner in after a good clean.

o/s driveshaft out...correct shaft seal put in and all back together

turbo exhaust from mani bolted in.

turbo bolted all in place with oil drain pipe finished. turbo exhaust downpipe done.

tall 2.1 fuel filtet housing modded and sealed/bolted on.

gti m/c fitted. res' yet to go on...left off for access to bulkhead.

matrix pipes sliced and fitted.

inlet manifold cut and drilled for boost take off bits. its very tight!!...painted and drying.

rear calipers prepped for painting.

things extra found to do....bottom engine mount fork is a tu one...I need a xud one.. which I have...must have muddled them up!

looking good for sunday! Smile Smile Smile

GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - devils_fuel - 30-08-2013

Sounds like it will be moving under its own steam very soon Smile bet you can't wait mate [THUMBS UP SIGN]

yeah was good progress today..hope to drive it to me local post office for tax on monday Smile

coolant/rad/intercooler, battery/cable and brakes and rear beam lowered and its pretty much there.

GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - vlj - 30-08-2013

Good work, bet you are dying to get it on the road now!

pretty much. very very anxious though. esp as it hasnt run yet. and theres nothing on it that has run before...IE everything has been refurbed/rebuilt by myself....so a lot riding on that first turn of the key!

GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - devils_fuel - 31-08-2013

(30-08-2013, 10:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: IE everything has been refurbed/rebuilt by myself....so a lot riding on that first turn of the key!

Get someone else to turn the key and blame them if anythings wrong lol

RE: GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - Piggy - 02-09-2013

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

bloody gear linkages. 3hours at it now. Angry

had to fit XUD gear rod and ball/pivot coz TU wont work with XUD/HDi box...despite being told it would be fine.... Angry

now with those fitted...I notice the on HDi box I bought, one of the arms is bent and also now with the XUD pivot/gear rod, it all fouls the exhaust downpipe...which to remove I have to remove the exhaust, the turbo, and the manifold to turbo pipe.
Angry Angry Angry
.....got a piece of wood wedging it at the minute....having a cupa tea to calm down and will go back out there hammer in hand to sort the fouling downpipe.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 20min job is becoming a afternoon! wanted this running. NEED this running Doh Doh

GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - devils_fuel - 02-09-2013

..walks out without commenting..

RE: GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - Dum-Dum - 02-09-2013

A lesson it "it looks the same and like it should fit but its peugeot so it wont"

FYI.

phase 1 and phase 3 subframes are NOT the same.

as I found out today. gear link pivot point is different.

think Ive managed to make it work with the adjustable links.

RE: GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - ginge191 - 02-09-2013

What a ball ache mate Sad keep at it!

will get some rest and get a early night now. Im buggered.

get up early n get some jobs done then get onto the wiring, oil plate and fuel lines. then vrrrmmmm! .....bang.

RE: GTD 2.1. - SOS response! thanks lads - Piggy - 03-09-2013

very mixed day.

it runs. but it prefers its oil on the floor.

After some what frustrating morning, for some reason I couldnt get fuel to the injectors. Left battery on a super duper charge...had lunch...came back to it and it started!!!....so no video of that as I didnt expect it to go...but it then immediately did this:

[Image: 20130903_142442_zps331fc195.jpg]

bugger. theres goes my nice bedding in oil. managed to catch it I think, it dropped 2litres.
So left it draining while I started ripping up the green turd and fitted front brakes.

So fitted the oil cooler, filled up with fancy fully synth oil, and got the camera ready. sorry it fell over.

http://s92.photobucket.com/user/Piggy1987_2006/media/20130903_183758_zpsf103539f.mp4.html

as you can hear....the pipe for the oil cooler burst. ta CJ! Tongue

[Image: 20130903_192014_zps593a7af8.jpg]

so I got rid of the cooler/plate for now while I source some decent pipes.

got it running with inlet on. seriously heavy diesel knock. little concerned about that.....open to ideas/help!!!

http://s92.photobucket.com/user/Piggy1987_2006/media/20130903_201918_zps56a1e2a3.mp4.html

no other warning lights than battery...no aux belt...and airbags...coz they all disconnected! lol

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - cully - 03-09-2013

get some propper pipes made or you will always be having oil issues

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Dum-Dum - 03-09-2013

I was going to say that pipe doesn't look good enough but as yor going to swap it anyway.......

Anyway transity sound could be timing

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 08:21 PM)cully Wrote: get some propper pipes made or you will always be having oil issues

yeah going to....

anyone got any??? Huh

(03-09-2013, 08:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Anyway transity sound could be timing

timing is spot on. I thought when I first started it that the pump maybe too far advanced...so I adjusted that but still sounds a bit heavy!

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Mrs puglove - 03-09-2013

Whhhaaaaayyyyyy it runs! thats a massive mile stone out the way.

Not as jealous of your clean engine bay now though with that oil everywhere Tongue

Did your radiator keep its pressure?lol

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Piggy - 03-09-2013

coolant not all in yet.....see missing radiator!

it cleaned up real quick. good as new now. well. sorta

bloody sump plug stripped its threads today aswell...joy.

hoping ruan or darren or other XUD gurus can catch up on here and listen to the video and give insight

Re: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - CJ_Derv - 03-09-2013

The pipe wasnt tbf but failed to mention this my bad, I only really sold cooler pipes were free but nvm its all good fun

I had similar built new shiney clean engine then sandwich plate leaked all over block

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - ozonehostile - 03-09-2013

It runs!!!! Proud moment despite the leak and knock I bet?

(03-09-2013, 08:37 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: The pipe wasnt tbf but failed to mention this my bad, I only really sold cooler pipes were free but nvm its all good fun

not blaming you pal....they werent guna be permanent anyway as they not long enough.

dont understand what you are saying ^^^^ though!

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Mrs puglove - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: coolant not all in yet.....see missing radiator!

That would be a good point, but im female so missed that in the picture Tongue
To be fair looks pretty dark in the video so you must of been out there a while today!!!

(03-09-2013, 08:38 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: It runs!!!! Proud moment despite the leak and knock I bet?

yeah.

got motivation for getting up early now.

get brakes finished. inc servo pipe

finish underseal.

finish exhaust fitting

then get coolant lines on and rad.

aux belt.

tax and drive.....after fiddling with pump/timing...hammer...to stop the transit soundtrack

Re: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - CJ_Derv - 03-09-2013

Apologies it happened like hope didnt cause too many problems bud u shud get this on rollers in oct?

(03-09-2013, 08:40 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: coolant not all in yet.....see missing radiator!

That would be a good point, but im female so missed that in the picture Tongue
To be fair looks pretty dark in the video so you must of been out there a while today!!!

just come in and posted on here. lights and torches for clearing up...again!

(03-09-2013, 08:41 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Apologies it happened like hope didnt cause too many problems bud u shud get this on rollers in oct?

maybe. would be good to, will setup nice and see what it pulls. then de-tune it for winter and clutch life while I save up to buy decent clutch

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - puglove - 03-09-2013

sounds like a right old bag of nails Tongue

RE: GTD 2.1- IT RUNS! and sounds like a transit :-/ VIDEOS! - Dum-Dum - 03-09-2013

If it just sounds "heavy" it could be right especially if you were running with an open manifold. Its a big old lump of an engine.

chatting to ozone...he said the sedan made that noise when fiddling with the pump.

the pump max screw is only just screwed in...maybe its that.

its more than just open manifold...for sure!

boy o boy, AN fitting etc for trying to find oil lines is SOOOO confusing