306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... (/showthread.php?tid=505)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... - Kwik - 20-12-2011

Taken from another forum will be continued on this one from now on

POST 1
Well after getting my license back i travelled to Derby to pick up a new to me Diablo D Turbo

Had some extra miles then was advertised, and a boost leak!lol But came with an Alpine Headunit, Decent interior and okish bodywork.

Didn't mind about the miles. Also put my sounds in (precision power PC275 mated with Pioneer sealed 12" sub) and paid Kris a visit

TBD this following week is change droplinks, New heat reflective screen, and maybe rears being tinted.

I'm going to see black eye peas on the 6th

Post 2
Edited
POST 3
Edited

POST 4
Edited

POST 5
Edited

POST 6
Edited

POST 7
Little Update

Electric windows are sorted changed passenger regulator over and the motor would only go up so today checked door loom plugs and they were not in properly. was a nice cheap fix

Also on way back from ace sub stopped working pulled fuse to be greeted with

solder had melted and cap came off! luckily i have spares so got changed and back to normal

POST 8
Edited

POST 9
Edited

POST 10
Edited
POST 11
Little update

I love millers diesel additives with my trade card. my lucas pump is going really well but i got to bosch soon trust.

Also had to spend all day rewing my passenger door loom (multiple wire snapped when door got blown open by wind meaning i couldn't lock my car last night and hardly slept a wink.) did you know peugeot want £85 +vat for door repair loom? that meant i went to breakers found a good one and cut it off for £10!lol

no pics as i couldn't be bothered

POST 12
well i've done the focals decided to use sound deadening which is basically black tack and tin foil first on door like used the vibe stuff from halfords as was only £2 in it from ebay and i could get it then (£13.99 for 2x 10" x 10" squares)

Next was mounting the crossover on door cards
I wired all cables up and then used black tack from the excess sound deadening to hold crossovers on and only had to cut a teeny bit of the white bit behind my door card. in the process of doing the first one i cut my finger.
After that i added my mdf rings on to the door card with glue and screws and glued tweeter housing to door mirror covers (£1.50 each from pug result!). then i put everything together

then i decided to give it a test sounds sweet as a nut crossovers are set to -3db as the tweeters are over 6" from the woofer but running them in so not going over 10 on the alpine till atleast wednesday. All i got left to do is mould doorcard so everything is smoove and looks as oem as possible. pictures will be done as i go along with that probably tomorrow or tuesday

POST 13
Little Update

Never got to mould door cards as it's been pissing down with rain but focals are broken in and WOW what a difference.......

POST 14
the OEM grills wouldn't fit as the speakers sit to proud on the mdf rings. i tried to be clever and cut the oem speaker grills but it never quite worked how i planned it. still ain't got round to moulding door cards as weather has been crap.

My super premium sound system is;
The Audio Big 3
8awg Battery(60amp fuse) to 4 way Fused Distribution Block in boot
Alpine CDA-9856R HU (Run totally flat NO EQ Sub output turned up to 7 as only 2v preouts)
Focal 165A1 2 way components front (tweeters down to -3db so they not aggressive)
Alpine SXE-1725S 2 way coaxial custom fits rear shelf
1f Power Cap (30amp fuse)(I actually hate caps think they a burden but i got given this and is a handy Voltmeter for charging system!)
PPi PC275 Amp powering Pioneer Sub in Sealed custom made box (40amp fuse)(had this combo well over 5 years amp is a collectors item)

The custom fits actually sound better then i thought they would more then adequate for rear fill and as both front and rears have 92db sensitivity they more then able to be run off HU plus sounds balanced. Also as i've gone for an OEM look surprises people even more when they look for speakers and can't see anything but can hear clear full bodied sound

Really toying with the idea of spending the money and getting a sq reference HU just to top it all off nicely

POST 15
Little update

Rear shelf speakers were rattling at high volumes so took apart shelf and realised i'd forgot to put something between the speaker and basket so cut the cardboard from behind my old fronts and stuck it between speaker and basket. hopefully that will stop said rattle!

Also adjusted HU fader to the front by 2 points just to bring soundstage away from rear at loud volumes. the tweeters on the custom fits are overbearing to be polite and there is no way to adjust them. i would go focal on rears but they too deep and shelf will sit up.

TBH i think all the speakers could do with some extra power but i do not want to add another "amp" and have to run seperate speaker wire but i've seen a nifty solution that may work.................all will be revealed soon!lol

POST 16
Little Update

Mdf is wrong to use as speaker rings. you take them off and go to put them back on and there is more cracks then a brothel. got the autoleads plastic spacers sa006 and promptly had to turn down sub to 5 and move fader back to zero as the front doors are now pumping alot more at the bottom end! win win situation!

Also had a teeny electrical fire as the distro block nearly set alight so just took it out the chain to amp. hopefully it means that no fires will start there!

Been quite a productive day...........

POST 17
Little Update

Big shout out to KrisB who is a shit hot mechanic. Sorted out my camshaft oil seal which was leaking like a bitch and done timing belt, tensioners and water pump that was also leaking!lol

There was a couple of issues we found though. one was my intercooler is leaking from the endplates but via dieselpug contacted stevieg and he still has dieslepugs old intercooler so will be picking that up at ace. another was my aux belt tensioner needs changing soon and last was my top engine mount had shared out of it's cup at the bottom so need to find someone to weld in a new cup.

Apart from that went smoothly! all i got to do is be happy!

POST 18
Little Update

Gonna give car a clean in abit to prepare for Ace Tomorrow and let peeps listen to my set!lol

POST 19
Update

Haven't updated project in a while still!

Ace was superb set was really singing picked up wheels from dum but got to get bits before i can put em on like spacers. studs and nuts.

Been really just tidying up things stevie bought me the TMIC to ace and i fitted that and no more boost leak!

Tidied up routing of amp cable and boost gauge they actually come out the bulkhead now and not along door!lol

Went to KrisB's today and he done my aux belt and tensioner so now my engine has no squeals

POST 20
Update

Kinda pissed off with a boost leak that kris has been saying i've had for along time thought i'd cured it but no the pipe from turbo to intercooler has either split or popped off and i can't get my gorilla arms around to check.

Also pissed with a cheap ebay typeR/autogauge gauge i got as it was far tooo inaccurate for use but happy i got a stack one to replace it and it was money well spent such a quality bit of kit i think i'll go stack from now on no questions asked. the boost whistle is loud and i'm maxing out at 0.5 bar so on the look out for a replacement pipe

POST 21
Update

Got my gorilla arms around the back of engine to check turbo to intercooler pipe didn't hurt much either!

Pipe is securely on at turbo end too so pipe has to be split or it's leaking from intake manifold

Hopefully stevie is able to get pipework for me and do it at ace on monday night which he will deffo get a drink for! if that don't fix it i'm going to krisb's on tuesday hopefully so can check manifold then

POST 22
Update

Went to Kris's last week tuesday and done wishbones

After euro car parts messed up the order had to get wishbones from P.M.A who supplied the right ones and after they was put on was able to take car outside

Then on Thursday i decided to change my sidelights and convert my dash with LED's both came from Ultimate Mods

Pretty happy with result and all matches up to my stack boost gauge now!lol The sidelights are a nice subtle colour too. I also got a light dimmer switch from ohara and installed that. doesn't bring down the leds too much as they just to damn efficient but is nice to have switch there.

Next to do is change steering wheel for another leather one in better nick already purchased from Cat, do engine mounts and get boost pipe

POST 23
Little Update

Got boost pipe changed it over and still got a ruddy boost leak

When i can next get over to kris's that is our mission to rid my car of it's boost leaks once and for all!

Also will in middle of month finally get DTurbo mats and sort my windscreen

Re: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 20-12-2011

Update

Well the boost leak turned out to be my inlet manifold. Dan! sorted me out a non EGR manifold so will be changing that over middle of next month.

Kris sourced me a HDi box so he changed that and put in a genuine valeo clutch which made a huge difference to noise and power delivery! while he done that he done ALL my gearbox oil seals and the gearbox end crankshaft seal that was leaking bad over the back of my flywheel and over my flywheel sensor that does revometer.

The car is running beautifully but me being me next on list to do is complete brake overhaul and new radiator booked in for middle of jan.

Also i'm hopefully gonna be putting on the crazy wheels i got of dum sometime soon aswell

Re: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Dum-Dum - 20-12-2011

Shes looking good mate, needs a ph3 front bumper IMO (and needs my epic wheels on too)

Re: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 20-12-2011

I know it needs the wheels on but i like the phase 2 front bumper as doesn't look as cute!lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 04-07-2012

Been a while since i updated had some very difficult times and not even through them all.

Project T is still running sweet done most of the work i had planned to do. However my steering ram has decided to leak but got another to replace it with. Have had no luck finding a decent disc beam at a reasonable price so am waiting on one to come up.

Apart from that and the personal issues all is good and i should be able to make an appearance at ace soon as i'e had to miss the last few months

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Niall - 04-07-2012

Was wondering where you had got off to!
I've got the same issues with my pas rack. Got one in the shed but it won't fit because it's from a 5 speed Sad.
Hope things are getting better mate and see you at ace soon!

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 04-07-2012

thanks Niall i will be there soon just going through a really tough time. And to top it off we have this bloody recession which is definitely not helping things lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 23-08-2012

been a while time for an update.

Coming back from Legoland on friday stopped at a set of lights just before the M25 and engine died. Cam belt failure not the one. Luckily got breakdown but my daughter and the missus's son and my nephew all stayed up till 4am as that's when we got home.

Belt was 20k old so not even into a quarter of it's service life and repair bill including parts is £550 not what i need but hey.

Anyway when i get car back gonna do more sound deadening and change rear axle to HDi spec.

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - gumball3000 - 24-08-2012

Good project mate!! Sorry to hear about cam belt failure, but glad your getting it sorted!!

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 24-08-2012

yea can't really not sort it as i do love me old 306! just annoying it's happened now but as the recovery person said keep it as it's a nice motor and it's yours not a finance company's lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - thethorne - 24-08-2012

Its annoying when things like that happen!!!!! nice car btw. i sold a black xsi with wheels similar to that.

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - gumball3000 - 25-08-2012

Yeah see what you mean mate.. These "old pugs" are pretty addictive lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 13-09-2012

Project T lives again!

New engine is miles better then old one and A/C was deleted so feels a hell of a lot perkier!

Anyway Bill wasn't too much i guess for what i had done but here is a list of parts that was replaced

Engine
Cam Belt + Tensioner's
Water Pump
Manifold Gaskets
Down Pipe Gasket
Aux Pulley to non A/C one
Aux belt 1125mm
Leakoffs
Linkage (snapped when removing now gears feel lush!lol)
Oil + Filters
Power Steering Pipe + Fluid
Coolant
Radiator
Welding of Top Mount Cup

So as can see a hell of a lot was done. Feels completely different much faster and much less vibrations.

Going to change wheels next and sort out sound deadening.

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Arron - 13-09-2012

Sweet car... so happy you kept going for some strange reason... at least everything's fixed for now!!

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 13-09-2012

Thanks man!

Sound deadened boot wow what a difference lol. Also sorted out poppers on my door card.

Just got to wait to get some more money and then can do some more bits

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 24-10-2012

Update

No pics till tomorrow if the weather allows.

Changed wheels to clones what a difference in handling on going to a lighter wheel!

Got full set of mats for my birthday including boot mat looks sweet

And ordered my rose jointed linkages.

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 25-10-2012

Rose jointed linkage's came today
[Image: 644126_4644456466691_1173928122_n.jpg]

Put them on lost a retaining clip while doing so but gears feel just like how they did on pat and no more stirring soup with my gear stick lol

Gonna give Project T a clean tomorrow and take some pics of new shoes she has.......

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 27-10-2012

Don't even believe it my cv joint on passenger side just threw it's innards on the road outside my work lol.

Gonna get recovered after and getting fixed monday morning........

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 29-10-2012

Incase anyone gets the same jip I got from euro car parts the part number for an outer cv joint with abs is 657543971

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 09-11-2012

Update

Wow is all i can say i had to do my master cylinder as mine broke had a mare bleeding system on my todd but all done now and wow what a difference lol. I actually have awesome brakes lol. But i did try to upgrade to the 6 one but they are different from my one.

Been getting car ready for winter so all fluids checked and gonna be changing to meyle hd arms and droplinks. After that getting tyres and rainsports 2 is my choice.

Also loving the car on cyclones is so much better see why everyone rates them as a wheel.

Gonna do some tidying tomorrow and hopefully get some decent pics

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 14-11-2012

Update with pics

Grrrrr on one hand sorted master cylinder and one of my rear calipers decides to start leaking at the piston seal lol. getting 2 sets one off R45_ODV and other from Chris to refurb if needed

Also some pics with her new shoes on

[Image: 481894_4809290347435_1348008970_n.jpg]

[Image: 67867_4809294147530_231955316_n.jpg]

[Image: 485104_4809294947550_83245747_n.jpg]

Very happy to be on clones as i said in previous update and won't be changing from them!

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - spike2002 - 14-11-2012

Looks very smart does that mate never seen this project thread before
What's the next plans then? Smile

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 14-11-2012

next plans is to sort out bodywork found a place in south east London that should be able to supply vinyl wrap that'd diablo so any parts i can't find i'll just have to wrap them.

Also want to get focal co ax's for the rear shelf instead of the alpine custom fits let the people in the back hear lovely sound like i do at the front instead of louder factory speakers lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Arron - 15-11-2012

That's one sweet looking 306 mate very nice example

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 15-11-2012

thanks man i am really glad i've kept on going with this one. makes me feel proud i've made it my own soon i'll just be able to enjoy driving it lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - puglove - 15-11-2012

Nice car dude. really liking the fact you have kept it phase2 on the front end . its quite refreshing on a diablo. cyclones look alot nicer than the BK's or what ever they were.

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 15-11-2012

thanks man i actually prefer the phase 2 front as i don't like the round fogs prefer the D shaped ones.

And the cyclones look and feel so much nicer and they a stock pug wheel too so makes it even better lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 30-11-2012

Update

Got three gadgets for my I.C.E I should be purchasing and fitted in before ace actually can't wait......

Also with revised lda settings can get 60+mpg in eco mode and 45+mpg in hoon mode loving it lol

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 13-12-2012

Update

Had to change tyres today car got super slippery may of been change in weather but better to be safe then sorry. Had my heart set on rainsport2's but when i went to my local tyre shop Richard said to me stick these matador's on they owned by continental now and they a very good tyre. Turns out they are MP44 Elite 3's and i have to say they look the part! got in and checked reviews and stats on Tyre Reviews and think i may be on to a winner but only time will tell lol I got V rated ones anyhow!

Also Armrest is now in properly and it feels so good to be able to lean on it while driving i know the small things lol.

Got to get my butt down to Kris's soon so can do my droplinks that are sitting in boot and lower arms

RE: Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo - Kwik - 29-12-2012

Update

Bedded in the matadors MP44 Elite 3's they are a VERY underrated tyre cheap is not always bad I guess. If you don't want to spend loads is a good choice.

Also cleaned out my fuel pick up/level sendor (mines a complete unit not seperate ones) and found alot of black gunk in it so did a quick google and found diesel doctor FAQ's which said;

Algae are a life form found in water, similar to algae growing in an aquarium. Algae do not live in fuel and it requires sunlight to grow. For years, people have been referring to tank sludge and the jelly, slime and other contaminants found in fuel filters as “algae”. The colloquialism “diesel fuel algae” is widely used and understood. However, there is no relationship between the “algae” growing in your aquarium and the sludge “growing” (forming) in your fuel tank and showing up on your filter elements.

There are three basic areas of concern about contaminants in fuel and oil:
1. Water
2. Inorganic debris (sand, dust, rust, etc.)
3. Organic debris (fuel breakdown products and waste products of fuel deterioration and re-polymerization)

The organic debris represents more than 90% of all contaminants found in fuels and oil. It is this organic debris, the sludgy, slimy, acidic material that people refer to as “diesel fuel algae”. It could also be called a polymer, tar, wax or asphalt!

Well i cleaned it all out and now no more fuel starvation! Means it was causing a proper issue which i think was made worse by using veg which ties into the gunk i found in my pump.

Also decided never gonna FMIC want to keep it as close to stock as possible apart from a few choice bits.........tbf each has their advantages and disadvantages and for me TMIC wins but is different for each person.