306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: DW10 HDi section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP (/showthread.php?tid=37083)

2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - bibikola - 10-10-2018

Hiya everyone. So glad to be a registered member. This is my first post so please be gentle. I have read up on the HDI forum etc but need specific answers. Cheers in advance

I have a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara with the RHZ engine and I have a remap from HDI Tuning. Am gonna use the vehicle for green landing and more off roading so I need not just power but more torque. The map I have is the 140/145 bhp. 

I have (but not Installed) a universal  ebay 600mm intercooler for FMIC. I will be getting the exhaust sorted to 3inch straight through and a snorkel.

What would be the best turbo for better low end boost? Fro  what I have read, the TD04 seems the better option but I am most likely wrong, I would prefer a non Garret turbo due to long term reliability issues but the iveco GT2056 also gets mentioned a fair bit . question 1. What model of these turbo especially the TD04? 

Other part is the MAP sensor. I want a 3 bar sensor and Question 2. Which make or type is best? I hear read a fair bit of the cheap eBay ones not good enough for accurate readings.

I have a spare RHZ engine waiting to be installed. Other things CP3 pump, maybe injector tips.. 

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated and any questions welcomed

RE: 2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - Piggy - 13-10-2018

Get the parts you have, installed, then load the map/ask for a map to suit the parts/your need.
You'll get NO low down torque with a Subaru TD04, if that's what you are referring to.
However there are 10s of different TD04s

A small VNT would likely be more suitable

RE: 2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - bibikola - 13-10-2018

Cheer Piggy.. VNT, Okay so HDI Tuning will sort the mapping for that out.. which VNT?

Today i changed the Boost Sensor, and the Turbo Solenoid after constant P0243 error. i then noticed gunk on the No2 injector and the hissing sound so tried to tighten the bolt and it was loose and when i unscrewed it i noticed it has run the tread in the cylinder head. he last person that worked on the injector had installed the stud the wrong way round so it only had a little bite into the cylinder So HELI coil or bigger bolt?

RE: 2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - Magenta Sunset - 13-10-2018

(13-10-2018, 05:12 PM)bibikola Wrote: Cheer Piggy.. VNT, Okay so HDI Tuning will sort the mapping for that out.. which VNT?

Today i changed the Boost Sensor, and the Turbo Solenoid after constant P0243 error. i then noticed gunk on the No2 injector and the hissing sound so tried to tighten the bolt and it was loose and when i unscrewed it i noticed it has run the tread in the cylinder head. he last person that worked on the injector had installed the stud the wrong way round so it only had a little bite into the cylinder So HELI coil or bigger bolt?

Helicoil if you can. keeps all bolts the same.

RE: 2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - bibikola - 13-10-2018

thanx MagentaSunset. will get the helicoil or thread inserts sorted next weekend cos i have no injector washers. Any ideas for a VNT?

RE: 2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - Magenta Sunset - 13-10-2018

alas no. some of the other guys have done some work with them.

RE: 2.0 HDI RHZ 109 turbo upgrade and MAP - madmadmax - 14-10-2018

i was recomended a gtd2060vzk, most go for a vacume vnt as its less work but there are some about thay will do the convertion for you

most likley the best thing for you would be a gt17v or a gt 14v