306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Removal of driver's side electric window switch - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Electrics (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Removal of driver's side electric window switch (/showthread.php?tid=36855)

Removal of driver's side electric window switch - balkan_bozo - 22-05-2018

Hi people, posting first ever question. Someone else must have asked this and I did thoroughly search since I registered but can't for the life of me find the instructions!

Switch completely stopped working a few days ago with the window half down, thank the good lord the weather has been great. Passenger side switch worked fine. Checked fuse, ok. Removed the door panel but couldn't find a way to remove the switch. However last night I practically free-poured switch cleaner into it and today it works! But may as well remove and clean since this isn't the first time it's happened, someone please tell me how?

Cheers :-)

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - Mattcheese31 - 29-05-2018

just jam a flat head screwdriver down the side and pry it out Smile

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - Magenta Sunset - 29-05-2018

I think it's a door-card off type of task

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - Midnightclub - 29-05-2018

Nah as Matt said, you can just pop it out with a screwdriver/trim tool

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - Magenta Sunset - 29-05-2018

must be the later cars then

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - Piggy - 29-05-2018

(29-05-2018, 04:17 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: must be the later cars then

Nope, they just pop out too

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - balkan_bozo - 30-06-2018

Yep, apparently they do just pop out with a screwdriver once I actually got round to it. Thanks for that!

Next related question: they've feckin stopped working again. Was winding both windows up together and they just stopped simultaneously. It's an intermittent issue, how do I nip this in the bud once and for all please? Not sure if the central locking is related to this, but that stopped working years ago, some kind of gremlins in doors.

Cheers

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - Piggy - 30-06-2018

Check door loom between door and chassis. That and fuses

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - balkan_bozo - 01-07-2018

Assume this is the door loom? Gave it a wiggle and the windows started working. Unattached it and discovered that the contacts have acquired a lovely azure hue. Sprayed the hell out of it with switch cleaner and now even the central locking has come back to life. Although it locks then immediately unlocks, but I'll ask about that on a separate post. Thanks, appreciate the help! ThumbsUp

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - ROBCAT - 02-07-2018

(01-07-2018, 11:33 AM)balkan_bozo Wrote: Assume this is the door loom? Gave it a wiggle and the windows started working. Unattached it and discovered that the contacts have acquired a lovely azure hue. Sprayed the hell out of it with switch cleaner and now even the central locking has come back to life. Although it locks then immediately unlocks, but I'll ask about that on a separate post. Thanks, appreciate the help! ThumbsUp

I think I would be looking at what goes on under that  flexible cable cover to see it there is damage there and some shorting.  I know that it can cause a multitude of strange events. I was faced with this causing the doors to suddenly lock me out. I took the locking fuse out pending fixing that one or it could be embarassing if the keys were still inside the car. Azure means blue and that means  heat and sparking which suggests shortcircuiting and that could also show in the wiring too with melted insulation. It could also just be dirty contacts so you need to do some physical cleaning as far as you can in that plug and socket. That pic seems to show corrossion however and you should try to get rid of the salts. If it is copper sulphate or copper hydroxide from salt  reactions you could try dissolving them with boiling water( Disconnect battery) as both will dissolve. You do need that firm metal to metal contact.

RE: Removal of driver's side electric window switch - pug306driver - 04-07-2018

nice door connector ! in the drivers door on our estate I found 2 wires that had been chaffing on the window "wire" which had sawn away the wire insultation and joined the n0pw 2 bare wires together now and again, water helping also.....sorted that and car seems better door lock wise, but now and agin will still have a hissy fit.