306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up (/showthread.php?tid=3684)

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 07-12-2014

Right, got new plugs in and picked up a new coil pack from Jonny123675892473. Got that fitted and whilst i was there did a bit of investigation work and found very weak earths.

[attachment=20529]
With engine idling

[attachment=20530]
With engine off. 
I would expect to see 0.05ohm ish when everything's off so not happy with that. The earth strap its self to the battery is very poor so I've ordered all the bits to redo that and add a few extras. After that, ill go for a bloody long drive with the logging on and see what happens! Also got a new CPS on the way.
Over christmas I'm hoping to have a day of getting a few bits sorted then can enjoy it again. Just need some new brake discs now as well Sad

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Dum-Dum - 07-12-2014

Nearly there. Think I'd of just used universal earth cables from the motor factors though rather than ordering something.

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 07:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Nearly there. Think I'd of just used universal earth cables from the motor factors though rather than ordering something.

It cost me 15 quid delivered which is enough to redo the bay and add the extras i want so I'm not fussed. Can have them all at the correct length then as well

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 21-12-2014

Right well i got my earths replaced. Before i was doing a voltage drop test on this and getting about 1.5v between the head and battery. After the new earths, i now get 0.01v so i can live with that lol
Took the car for a longish drive and seemed spot on so i hope thats it now.
Now to just start using the bloody thing again! lol

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - jammapic - 21-12-2014

Are you still selling it?

Yeah after show season. Moving means i won't have space for 3 cars Sad

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Piggy - 21-12-2014

You'll regret it Niall...you know you will

I will you're right but tbh ill have no choice. Im going to enjoy it this summer, get to as many shows as possible and give it a damn good thrashing then sell it. If we find a place we can keep 3 cars then it will stay but the chances are doubtful. If i can move away from London i should be able to but thats dependant on work!

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Piggy - 21-12-2014

Rent a garage?!

Dude to rent a standard single car garage with no electric or water around here is like £150 a month. Then another £50 a month insurance (wouldn't trust leaving it in a garage uninsured). Its £200 a month just gone before even putting fuel in the car. Seems a waste when I'm paying for another car as well!

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - lolsteve - 22-12-2014

Wouldn't it be easier to try and sell before show season? It'd be like selling a mx5 in the middle of winter

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 22-12-2014

(22-12-2014, 07:27 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to try and sell before show season? It'd be like selling a mx5 in the middle of winter

If i was really trying to sell it then yeah but i want to enjoy it first! Im in no rush to sell it after show season but it will need to go.

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - 7057sam - 22-12-2014

Definitely got to get down to a few more combe action days and give this thing a good thrashing before you sell it.

Or do a whole day somewhere so can pick and choose when to go out.

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 22-12-2014

It will be going out at spring action day Wink

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Stef205 - 23-12-2014

really a action day of all track days! full of wannabe idiots! shall i hunt for some pannels for you now? haha Wink

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Matt-Rallye - 23-12-2014

scrap it and sell me the charger kit.

man maths nd all that Tongue

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 23-12-2014

I may just end up breaking it up and selling it as a standard car so you may be in luck there Matt Wink

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Matt-Rallye - 23-12-2014

Well chop chop! i wanted mine boosted this year Sad dont make me endure another 12 months of tedious N/A bwarps when i should be relishing in 'charger whine!

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 21-02-2015

Update!
The car has been in sort of an unofficial hibernation since September last year. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times its been used since then however now the days are getting longer and we are rapidly approaching spring, its time to get it ready to abuse again! (Possibly for the last time in my ownership Sad )
So, to start. Ive had a really bad braking vibration with the new brakes on. The old discs were warped and i had them skimmed but they had some pretty bad chill spots so it didnt really help. Being Renault brakes on a Peugeot, they are custom rotors and bells which aren't cheap! Thankfully, i found a few people who also needed new discs and we managed to get 3 sets for £200 a pair plus £13 for new rotor bolts. The discs on their own should of been a shade under £300 a set so i call that a good success!

[attachment=21735]

These will be fitted next weekend with any luck (depending on how hanging i am from a party Friday night lol ) and if i can get use of my mates workshop, i also need to;
Change the lower engine mount
"Modify" lower brace with a hammer as its hitting the sump
Find clunk from N/S/F suspension on heavy acceleration and braking
Find squeak at rear
fit and map ICV as cold idle right now isn't great
fit and map launch control just for lols and many pops and bangs!

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - procta - 21-02-2015

coming on well! did it start up ok for you?

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Stef205 - 22-02-2015

i dont understand why your having cold start issues, ive just removed mine for good and it starts and idles from cold fine. Ill send you my ALS settings as ive nearly got it right. Your squeek at the rear is clearly a beam fault Tongue

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Just Sean - 22-02-2015

You making it for the 11.15 session then niall?

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 01-03-2015

Finally got a chance to get some work done on the car! It was only changing the discs. Wanted a day on it really but we decided to go to a small local car meet this morning and look at some old classics and mental american stuff :p
The car was pretty undriveable tbh with the old discs and its now like driving a bentley in comparison! Also managed to give the callipers a wipe over to get rid of the brake dust. You can actually see them again!

[attachment=21911]

[attachment=21912]

[attachment=21913]

[attachment=21914]

At the moment, just sitting down messing about with my map. Got to add voltage correction as this was never done when the car was mapped. They ran out of time unfortunately and offered for me to go back but sod a 40 mile drive for 5 minutes work lol. Also adding Launch control (well, ALS used as a very primitive form of launch control and will be adding full throttle gear shift soon Wink

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - procta - 01-03-2015

how do the 4 pot brakes stop you over the standard stuff? as a mate of mine had these on his 306. He said they were a bit of a faff to fit on.

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Niall - 01-03-2015

They stop very very well. Just ask Adam when he took it for a drive and literally stuck him self into the windscreen when approaching stationary cars a bit quick lol
They are a bastard to fit. Mine literally have 1mm clearance between the wheel and calliper and i had to grind off the raised Renault logo. Other 16s give more clearance than Turinis though.

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Grant - 02-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 06:08 PM)Niall Wrote: They stop very very well. Just ask Adam when he took it for a drive and literally stuck him self into the windscreen when approaching stationary cars a bit quick lol

I can vouch for the fact they stop well. I think I still have "airbag" and the logo, embedded in my forehead.

(01-03-2015, 06:08 PM)Niall Wrote: They are a bastard to fit. Mine literally have 1mm clearance between the wheel and calliper and i had to grind off the raised Renault logo. Other 16s give more clearance than Turinis though.

Did you now mate? Wink

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - zx_volcane - 19-03-2015

[Image: IMG_1539_zpsr1lllbmh.jpg]

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Matt-Rallye - 20-03-2015

lol

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - 7057sam - 20-03-2015

Looks broken again...

RE: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - Chasing more boost - Stef205 - 20-03-2015

He's saying "I think a m90 will fit here" lmao