306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up (/showthread.php?tid=3684)

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Niall - 02-02-2014

(02-02-2014, 05:45 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Epic work lads, kinda wish it wasn't such a trek to get up to you, or I'd have come and lent my "stand and look at it/be one the phone/drink tea" skills. lol

Next time I'm up your way though, I want a go! Big Grin pretty pwease? Angel

If i haven't scrapped it then yes of course Wink

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Tallguy_2 - 03-02-2014

Looking good mate!! Look forward to reading this evening!!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Niall - 03-02-2014

[attachment=13293]

ninja

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Craigus - 03-02-2014

Does it run? Smile

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Grant - 03-02-2014

Needs plumbing in yet. Also halfway through making up the face plate for the S/C

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - cully - 03-02-2014

looking good guys keep up the good work

or you might get another phone call Tongue

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Tom - 03-02-2014

Wow, this is moving quick, love it! Top work again chaps Smile

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - mr_fish - 03-02-2014

looking tidy there ThumbsUp

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - 7057sam - 03-02-2014

Looks great, can't wait to hear the supercharger whine Big Grin

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - darrenjlobb - 03-02-2014

Looking epic, nice work.

Look foward to hearing it scream!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Piggy - 03-02-2014

keep at it...getting there

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Carlos182 - 03-02-2014

Winner!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Grant - 03-02-2014

Not much, but just a brief sequence of events...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ha4ewjEuw&feature=youtu.be

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Niall - 03-02-2014

Cheers guys. Im getting nervous now about the first start and how the guys are going to tear it to pieces when its mapped!

Anyway, todays progress. Up bright and early to get some parts from Pug then back home, bacon, egg and sausage sarnies and a good cup of tea then onto the car!
First job was to get the new engine out front so i could drop it on the floor, get the crank oil seal in, flywheel on, clutch on then....snap. One of the bolts sheared off with no force at all. Thankfully it wasn't tight so managed to drive it out the back of the flywheel with a drill and get the flywheel back on again. Box on, few other gubbins on and here we are.

[attachment=13294]

After a cup of tea, we decided we better do some work and lift it in...

[attachment=13295]

And after that, it was a case of connecting everything up again which went surprisingly well. I started getting the loom all hooked up but still have a few plugs to wire up so will do that tomorrow and then its a case of working out where everything will go.
Grant also kindly made a take off plate for the charger but this wasn't going to work so we had to change that a bit which worked out ok because there was more room in the bay than i thought in front of the charger pulley.

[attachment=13296]

And thats where it stands now. Only issue i can see is the charger sits at more of an angle than i thought it would meaning the air filter pipe is going to be bloody close to the radiator and bonnet which is something i need to sort out tomorrow. Or i could just do a Poodle and slam the bonnet on this Tongue

[attachment=13297]

So overall, a good day and again, a massive thanks to Gunt for helping. With any luck tomorrow, i will have a first start video Smile

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Eeyore - 03-02-2014

Good work Niall! Cant wait to see this and i really do hope you dont have any problems with it!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - WiNgNuTz - 03-02-2014

Fantastic work guys, can't believe how quick you're knocking it out (giggidy?). Fingers crossed for the first start tomorrow. Big Grin

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine going in - Tallguy_2 - 03-02-2014

Top job boys, fair play and big shout to all the effort and ideas gone in

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - Scott - 03-02-2014

Great job man, the engine bay is looking very tidy on the whole Smile

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - lolsteve - 03-02-2014

Very nice man, can imagine a lot of satisfaction when it's fully running

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - Craigus - 03-02-2014

Looks very smart mate Smile

Re: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - maffy - 03-02-2014

Good work. Engine bay looks the part

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - ginge191 - 03-02-2014

That stop motion is quality lmao

Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - devils_fuel - 03-02-2014

Fingers crossed for the dirt start tomorrow !! Looks the business !

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - 7057sam - 03-02-2014

Looks awesome mate Big Grin

good luck tomorrow, hope you get it running.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - PUGNUT_XS - 04-02-2014

Looking really good, great work.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - ozonehostile - 04-02-2014

It looks fantastic with everything together, hopefully itl perform to match the looks :-)

I'm sure you mentioned what power you're aiming for a few pages back, but Cba to scroll through...... What is the goal figure?

Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - callumcull - 04-02-2014

This is looking good man, really looking forward to seeing some videos of this running!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Engine is in! - Niall - 04-02-2014

It Lives!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcZmBKd5KiA

But what a bloody nightmare today has been. Started off with getting the rest of the wiring in place. Took the charger off to get to the alternator and realised the pulley on the charger was locked up. Turned it back and there is several massive gouges out of the rotors so that is one scrap charger. Thankfully I've got one arriving tomorrow which has lightened my pocket to the sum of £130 but these things happen.
Anyway, whilst i sulked about that, we got the rest of the wiring in, throttle cable mount made up, radiator in, fluids in and fitted the ECU. turned the ignition on, connected the laptop and it found the ECU straight away. good news. Loaded up the map i have and time for the first start.....nothing. No fuel pump. Thankfully i was just being stupid and forgot to supply a positive connection to the fuel pump relay so bodged that in and fuel pump is working. Second start....nothing. Got fuel but no spark or injectors opening. Check the supply to the relay that controls the injectors, lambda and coil pack. Nothing. Trace it back to a bad bit of soldering. Bodge that together and still nothing. After a call to omex, turns out i needed a bigger fuse for that relay so it kept on blowing the one i was using. Fit a bigger fuse and third time....something! Im not going to lie, it was far from a graceful first start. It eventually chugged into life and minute by minute, became smoother and quieter. Try to blip the throttle and it stalls. Great. Checked the laptop and the TPS wasn't working until about 15 degree throttle so as soon as you opened the throttle, you was getting extra air but the ECU wasn't supplying any fuel. Edited that on the laptop and it ran sweet as a nut.

Still lots to go yet. All my pikey wiring needs repairing and sorting, oil needs draining and refilling, oil cooler needs fitting and a few other bits but over all despite my tantrums about the charger and it not starting first time, its all going in a positive way!

[attachment=13308]

[attachment=13309]

[attachment=13310]

[attachment=13311]

Oh and my speedo now starts at 20mph...guess that needs calibrating lol.

I fitted the charger to use as a pulley to start the car up and despite the chronic damage, its silent (Well no unusual noises i mean) and seems to make boost so its not as bad as i thought but I'm not taking the risk now.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - It lives!! - 306Dan - 04-02-2014

Great job, shame about the charger damage tho, bet your getting impatient now

Nialls GTi6 - It lives!! - mr_fish - 04-02-2014

I do love the write up, makes it an interesting read. Unfortunate about the charger but seems like you've got the niggles under control