306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up (/showthread.php?tid=3684)

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 01-07-2013

Its always nice when you get in from work and there is a big box full of car parts waiting that you forgot were arriving!

Replacement Meyle HD Wishbones seeing as the P bush rubber has split on mine.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 03-07-2013

All painted ready to be put back together tomorrow Smile Cant decide wether to get the paint brush out and fill in the etching black.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Scott - 03-07-2013

You should do...in white though I think!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Tom - 04-07-2013

Yes deffo do the details will look great behind your mint wheels!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 04-07-2013

Yeah not white though. Too much cleaning involved constantly lol

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Grant - 04-07-2013

I don't think you could get a decent enough job of it to look good. (Not you personally, just anyone in general)

Leave it man, they look mint as they are!

Went to Hi Spec's offices/warehouse today seeing as i was on a course 100 yards up the road to get some bits for the calliper refurb. I feel very inadequate in the breaking department after seeing these

Anyway, got home and there was another nice package waiting for me Big Grin

Went round Grants to build up the callipers but they were still bloody tacky! Left them in front of the heater for a few hours and they should be fine by tomorrow so will build them up before going out for dinner tomorrow eve then get them fitted saturday Big Grin

[Image: IMG_2924_zps13dba542.jpg]

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Pompey306mark - 04-07-2013

So did you buy all now bolts and stuff for the calipers?

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - 7057sam - 04-07-2013

Really want your calipers!!!!!

Would hate to think how much they are new, wat size disc are you useing?

(04-07-2013, 09:53 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: So did you buy all now bolts and stuff for the calipers?

Err new bleed nipples, new banjo bolts and copper washers and new slider pins.

Ill get a picture up soon of them fitted to my car ninja

(04-07-2013, 09:59 PM)7057sam Wrote: Really want your calipers!!!!!

Would hate to think how much they are new, wat size disc are you useing?

Not as much as you would think! Less than £200 a calliper. Them big 8 pot bastards up there are only £480 each!

Sticking to the standard gti 283mm discs for now but i may make up some plates in a few months time for 302s if they will fit under my wheels. Sure they will!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Pompey306mark - 04-07-2013

If you buy the kit though its like £800 from hispec.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 04-07-2013

(04-07-2013, 10:17 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: If you buy the kit though its like £800 from hispec.

Yeah for the big set up with floating discs. Just go for standard gti discs and you save a bomb!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 07-07-2013

Got my brakes built up today ready for fitting tomorrow. The new paint has been damaged a bit but i really want to get them on before next weekend because my current pads are fairly low and i want 4 pots for hill action!!

Tomorrow i will be fitting them along with my replacement wishbones. Im a bit worried about the car at the moment because the passenger side front is wandering all over the place under braking. Hopefully its just because of buggered wishbones but what ever it is, it needs fixing before Friday otherwise the car isnt going up the hill and i dont want to miss that again this year! (last year was due to being forced to replace the 1.8 and not having time to transfer shinies to the 6)

Also, im sure it was f*cking hot for everyone! So would be rude not to be having a beer or two and Cream summer 2002 (thanks Ed) Blaring out on the radio!

So this week will involve me getting the car ready for pugfest. Ideally i would like to get the mop over the car but if the rest of the week is like today, its far too hot! Got friday off so may get the gazebo set up and get cracking with it then!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Ed Doe - 08-07-2013

Such a winning album that Big Grin

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 08-07-2013

Firstly, massive thanks to this bummer for coming and helping me in the sweltering heat today.

Got my replacement wishbones on today. Was relatively painless and went for a quick drive around my local favourite road and the car is back to its good old self. Also, i think i was destroying ball joints as there was a silly amount of play in the f*cked P bush!

Also got my 4 pots on. Was relatively painless. I was expecting to have trouble getting the original lines apart but they came apart quite easily. Bled them, went for a drive and they are very very good and they havent even bedded in yet! Had a bit of a scare when i got home and found a loose bleed nipple had splashed brake fluid all over my wheel Doh. Thankfully, they are powder coated and it got a through clean and detox.

Excuse the fistable arch gap. its parked on a tilt....and its still high lol

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - samass - 08-07-2013

That looks sexual.

Brakes look pretty good too Big Grin

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Pompey306mark - 08-07-2013

How did you find the fitment of the discs and pads? Mine were a tight fit.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Niall - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 08:06 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: How did you find the fitment of the discs and pads? Mine were a tight fit.

Absolutely spot on but the pads are already used. I will be buying some 1155s on payday but just couldnt afford them now.

Already scared now. I dont like driving the car after ive worked on brakes until i build confidence they are ok (sounds silly i know!) but now i found one leaking, im worried lol

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Pompey306mark - 08-07-2013

Lol. You might need to remove a mm or two off the back of the pad on the new ones.

What discs you using? Standard 6 ones?

Yes I am.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Grant - 08-07-2013

These brakes are mental, and they havent even bedded in yet. I have spend the past 2 hours re-attaching my face after its been ripped off.

Ridiculous heat, but beats working in the rain I spose lol

I told everyone they were good, 1155 are great pads though.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Dum-Dum - 08-07-2013

They look awesome. We'll have a contest one day to see who's pulls up faster your 4 pots or my 302s (when i have working ankle)

(08-07-2013, 08:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: They look awesome. We'll have a contest one day to see who's pulls up faster your 4 pots or my 302s (when i have working ankle)

No wont happen. You will sell your car well before i next see you!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - Dum-Dum - 08-07-2013

Brakes are staying to go on number 12 though

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with 4 Pots for less Focus destroying! - toughmat - 09-07-2013

Car is looking nice!!

Quick question regarding bringing your paint back, my car paint has faded on the right hand side on each door due to the sun ( cherry red ) did you just sand it down with water to restore or did you do anything else to it???