306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up (/showthread.php?tid=3684)

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Piggy - 09-06-2013

(02-06-2013, 07:53 PM)Jonny b Wrote: What's that? Ticking over on the drive? Lol

would that not be 0mpg?!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 09-06-2013

(09-06-2013, 09:31 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 07:53 PM)Jonny b Wrote: What's that? Ticking over on the drive? Lol

would that not be 0mpg?!

I do hope Tom306 doesnt see this comment. Dont want that bloody argument again! lol

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Piggy - 09-06-2013

looking ace by the way Nial

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 15-06-2013

So my options for getting me wheel repaired was a smart repair and thats about it which the cheapest quote i got for was £65. f*ck that!
I got in touch with speedline to see if they sold touch ups. They dont but helpfully gave me the paint code and told me that there is a metallic grey that Nissan do that is almost identical. So, literally weeks of phoning various suppliers and no one can mix the original paint for me so looks like my only option was the Nissan grey. Que a trip to halfords and going through all their colour swatches to find the right one! £10 later for a touchup pot (rip off bastards) and ive given it several coats

The scratch was actually very deep so its taken 6 coats to get it back up to level. Now just to let it dry, flat it back and polish it back up. Its not a perfect match but it will look much better than a big white line!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Tom - 15-06-2013

No one would see it unless they knew to look for it, I call that a jolly good repair!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - C.A.R. - 15-06-2013

No ones gonna see that. You'll kerb it again well before FCS haha

Looks good mate. I wanna get my car sorted for the show too, but at the moment the main battle is getting the mrs to appreciate that it would be £30 well spent and a load of fuel NOT wasted. Eugh...

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 16-06-2013

Yeah this month is really going to be a struggle for me. Ive got my last payment on my insurance with admiral which is £100, new policy starts with Greenlight when im at Pugfest and i have to give them £120, need to do a cambelt and waterpump on the car before the shows as the water pump is a bit iffy so thats probably another £50 then of course petrol for about 500 miles of driving (in a 6, thats just ra*e Sad ) and food and beer and i need a new backbox before i go. Annoying thing is, ive got well over 1k of overtime im sitting on at the moment but that wont go onto this months pay. Good news is, i get paid on the day of FCS so many a shiny will be bought Big Grin

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - C.A.R. - 20-06-2013

Lucky you!

Don't get comission / hand-outs where I am, sadly, so the salary every month is what I have to live with! I may put the whole weekend on a credit card, f*ck it!!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - cwspellowe - 20-06-2013

(16-06-2013, 05:26 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah this month is really going to be a struggle for me. Ive got my last payment on my insurance with admiral which is £100, new policy starts with Greenlight when im at Pugfest and i have to give them £120, need to do a cambelt and waterpump on the car before the shows as the water pump is a bit iffy so thats probably another £50 then of course petrol for about 500 miles of driving (in a 6, thats just ra*e Sad ) and food and beer and i need a new backbox before i go. Annoying thing is, ive got well over 1k of overtime im sitting on at the moment but that wont go onto this months pay. Good news is, i get paid on the day of FCS so many a shiny will be bought Big Grin

^^This. Payday for me on the 26th. Winrar.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Just Sean - 20-06-2013

Megs clay has always been good for me!!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Tallguy_2 - 20-06-2013

Scratch looks alright mate, glad you found some paint!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 22-06-2013

Cheers Jamie. Im not overly happy with it but its well hidden compared to what it was so it will do!

Right so today, drove over to Scottbmxer to drop off my old gti beam and then back home to change my water pump Sad
When i bought the car, my priority was to change the belt as it had no history. Skinted my self on that but stupidly didnt do the pump. Its recently started making a few odd noises and i had a new genuine one sitting in the shed so picked up a new belt (contitech one for £12 delivered from ecp in their sale Big Grin ) and me and Sam cracked on with it.
Massive thanks to sam for helping. At a few points, i did do a Ed Doe and throw my toys out of the pram but sam helped to get it done.

Oh and no one wants to crash their car into the back of a focus so we all know there is only one way to solve that

Still undecided on what colour they are going to go. Thinking white with a china blue logo but suggestions welcome.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - C.A.R. - 22-06-2013

Gold yo!

Re: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Puggie - 22-06-2013

Blaze you know it needs to be done

(22-06-2013, 08:39 PM)Puggie Wrote: Blaze you know it needs to be done

Blaze with China? Hmmm could be good. Think i need to get some photoshops done once i have made the adapters so i can fit them

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Pompey306mark - 22-06-2013

You going to run these on 6 disc's.

Yeah will be Smile

Nice and cheap then, if they take the same Volvo pads as mine, 1144 are only £50 a set on camskill.

(22-06-2013, 08:50 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Nice and cheap then, if they take the same Volvo pads as mine, 1144 are only £50 a set on camskill.

Ah cool well ive looked on rally design and even from them they are only £60 a set.
Unfortunately, these didnt come from a pug of any sort but from a Jeep safari racer so will 100% need brackets made up. Not really fussed about that. Biggest thing im worried about is if the Jeep used wider discs than the 306, i could be pretty f*cked with getting them working on the car in which case they will go back on ebay and ill keep an eye out once again.

Just buy the smaller bolts and change the distance between the two sides of the caliper.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 30-06-2013

Err yeah so i bought more 4 pots lol

The Wilwoods are up for sale. I got hold of these for a fairly good price, came with everything i need and are direct fit so ideal for me really!

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - ozonehostile - 30-06-2013

ooooh fancy. how heavy are they?

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Pompey306mark - 30-06-2013

Lighter than 6 calipers if I remember.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 30-06-2013

Im not sure as i havent actually got them yet lol. I doubt they will be as light as the Wilwoods but they will be easier to fit.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - 7057sam - 30-06-2013

(30-06-2013, 08:52 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ooooh fancy. how heavy are they?

Buy them and ill have your g88

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - ozonehostile - 30-06-2013

(30-06-2013, 10:24 PM)7057sam Wrote:
(30-06-2013, 08:52 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ooooh fancy. how heavy are they?

Buy them and ill have your g88

dream on Wink

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Rippthrough - 01-07-2013

Pretty light, we run the same ones on the back of the buggy, about 3kg IIRC.

Also take Volvo 144 shaped pads I think, in case you're looking for some.

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Ed Doe - 01-07-2013

you should do a btcc-spec twin 4-pots conversion... Then you'll stop so hard you'll rip the space-time continuum?

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Grant - 01-07-2013

Or crease the tectonic plates that underlie the united kingdom... Especially with all that added weight you have :p

RE: Nialls GTi6 - Now with added pointless weight - Niall - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 10:18 AM)Grant Wrote: Or crease the tectonic plates that underlie the united kingdom... Especially with all that added weight you have :p

Nah you need torque to do that and we all know that petrol engines have zero torque what so ever

/dieselbumboy