306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Which broadband isp are good options to look for (/showthread.php?tid=3626)

Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Welshy_Pete - 21-05-2012

Basicly when I first come online I was with afew diffrent isp when dial up. Then for the last 12 years Ive been with Aol but now talktalk-aol broadband. The time has come to change my bill gone up from £15, £20 and now £25 a month. Also extra charges if over download rate to £30.

Also the cheek of it all they ring up and say well let you have it for £15 a month loyalty crap. Then a email saying first 3 months £15 then back to the £25 + £5 over charge. I soon cancel that the next day so thats solved.

Also the speed only been around 2mb roughly not the best either.

Ive got my mac code so now I just want a new broadband isp only no other package deals like tv or phone not needed.

So which ones are good to think about?

Also what have other people got?

Re: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - stevieg - 21-05-2012

virgin media, thats if your in a cabled area. our internet only drops out if the router needs restarting other than that we get a 31.6 Mbit download and 3.1 Mbit upload, thats on a 30 Mbit contract. fibre optic up to the green box which is over the road from us Smile

Re: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Welshy_Pete - 22-05-2012

Anymore views. Popcorn

Re: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - mark_airey - 22-05-2012

Welshy_Pete Wrote:Anymore views. Popcorn

Yeah..........read this thread..........<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3582</a><!-- l -->

since in essence it is the exact same question! :roll:

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Welshy_Pete - 24-06-2012

Im on Bt now and very happy with the service so far. Since swapping from Aol-talktalk to Bt I kept my connection the hole time. Also now Bt alot faster so I made a good move in the end.

Aol-talktalk were liers and wern't botherd about keeping there 12 years of customer.

I went from Aol-talktalk = £26 a month 2mb speed
Now with Bt = 3 months £9 then = £18 a month 6.5mb speed + £50 voucher and new router.

Also best of all with Bt I get to use the wireless hot spots while Im out and about and away perfect.

The bt hub 3 was so simple to setup plug it in then password etc that was it. All the best settings all done automaticly so simple.

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Fooby - 24-06-2012

did you ever post in my internet thread?

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - InkedMuttley - 26-06-2012

I'm with BT, have been for a couple of months now I get free nationwide hotspots if you travel around a bit (as I do) and the speed is relatively quick.

[Image: 2030115973.png]

Only problem is with the amount of time I'm on the computer I've been going over my download limit on the lowest package (10gb a month) was going to cost £5 extra for a 5gb block etc and thought if I'm doing that regularly it's going to cost a shitload more phoned them up and got an extra 30gb for £10 extra!

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Kezzieboy - 26-06-2012

Anybody want to share some opinions on Sky Fibre Unlimited? It's looking like the best option in my area for when I move out of halls.

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Welshy_Pete - 07-07-2012

Im on Bt now and very happy with the service so far. Since swapping from Aol-talktalk to Bt I kept my connection the hole time. Also now Bt alot faster so I made a good move in the end.

Aol-talktalk were liers and wern't botherd about keeping there 12 years of customer.

I went from Aol-talktalk = £26 a month 2mb speed
Now with Bt = 3 months £9 then = £18 a month 6.5mb speed + £50 voucher and new router.

Also best of all with Bt I get to use the wireless hot spots while Im out and about and away perfect.

The bt hub 3 was so simple to setup plug it in then password etc that was it. All the best settings all done automaticly so simple.

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - lolsteve - 08-07-2012

Orange home broadband, we get about 1.9mb internet (0.1 less than virgin) for £17 a month with unlimited weekend/evening calls and unlimited downloads.

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - cwspellowe - 08-07-2012

6.5mb? f*ck this threads a time machine, I'm back in 2001!

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - Welshy_Pete - 10-07-2012

(08-07-2012, 10:29 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: 6.5mb? f*ck this threads a time machine, I'm back in 2001!

Were I live they didnt have broadband till 2004, then upgrade alittle 2006. So from 2mb 12 years to now 6.5mb its fast to me it does the job.

(26-06-2012, 02:28 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: I'm with BT, have been for a couple of months now I get free nationwide hotspots if you travel around a bit (as I do) and the speed is relatively quick.

[Image: 2030115973.png]

Only problem is with the amount of time I'm on the computer I've been going over my download limit on the lowest package (10gb a month) was going to cost £5 extra for a 5gb block etc and thought if I'm doing that regularly it's going to cost a shitload more phoned them up and got an extra 30gb for £10 extra!

I went on the 40gb saves the worry cause 10gb not much. How do you start using the hotspots?

RE: Which broadband isp are good options to look for - C.A.R. - 10-07-2012

I ended up not bothering!

I get home at 5:30 in the evening, got a daughter on the way who will be here in 3 months and go out at weekends, I get 3G on my phone...

Trouble is, there's no fibre-optic broadband here yet. So it's £15-20 a month for line rental and a 'predicted speed' of 1.5mb. Not worth it IMO, probably not fast enough for online gaming?