306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
FOR SALE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: For Sale (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Cars (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: FOR SALE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs (/showthread.php?tid=35934)

205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Poodle - 20-05-2017

The time has come to be realistic about how many projects i can manage at once and my much-loved 205 is currently bottom of the pile, so here she is up for sale. I've owned her for 4 years, during which time i spent a fair amount of time and money fixing the major problems. However, having had her up on a ramp today to refresh my memory, i've decided the rust is too much for me to deal with, so i'm now selling as spares or repairs. It's not irreparable by any means, the issue is the standard fare for 205s, ie both rear sills rotted out with it spreading up and forwards a bit.  I've taken a few photos - see below - bear in mind that's as she's been stood for the last few months, uncleaned, unmoved, didn't even pump the tyres up.

She is a 205 STDT in Oberon green. Currently 181 of the STDTs left in total, so she's a pretty rare beast. However, 139 of those are listed as sorn so the chances are half of them are already beyond repair/scrapped and never to see the light of day again. At some point in her past one of the former owners has fitted a GTi bodykit and speedlines, hence her current appearance. As with most rare cars of this age, the price is only going up; i always intended to keep her as investment but have run out of driveway space and rather need the liquid cash.

During my ownership she has had a fair few hundred spent and all sorts of repair and improvement work done, some of which i have receipts for. This is including, but not limited to: driveshafts, timing belt and water pump, clutch, aux belts, rocker cover gasket, all fluids flushed and replaced, various filters and sump plug (oil changed at 8k intervals or less), drop links, shocks, lower arms, tie rods, glow plugs, alternator, wheel bearings, washer pump, door seal, steering column UJ, wing mirror and handle, battery, brake hoses, exhaust mounts, door check-strap, various bits of hose, horn, gearknob and gaiter, number plates, aerial, michelin ps3s on the front (still with 7mm or so on them) welding repairs here and there, 306 HDi front brakes and master cylinder (will provide donor reg for future ordering of service parts), tuned xud9t lucas pump and matching injectors with new washers, custom glow-plug relay bypass, custom exhaust using an HDi midbox as the silencer.

She will come with a bunch of spare parts, including, but not limited to: OEM sunroof parts (seals, vac reservoir, gti roof lining, rails, pretty much everything except the glass), one BNIB replacement sill, BNIB heater matrix, BNIB handbrake cables, BNIB brake pads and at least one disc (for original brakes), the original brakes (mc and calipers, with pads), spare steering column, pair of lower arms... can't remember much else off the top of my head, but i'm sure there's lots more, will update when i dig it all out.

Bad points:
- Significant welding repairs required!
- She puts out a bit of blue smoke - suspect turbo, valve stem seals or piston rings.
- Sun-roof is not suitable for the car and has been sealed shut with silicone, hard to explain but will make sense when you view.
- Interior is rather tired, although far from past it. Worst points are the plastics are starting to crack and the roof lining is sagging.
- Can be hard work to start in cold weather, but it does always go with a bit more on the glowies, is yet to actually let me down or even really worry me that much.

She's a great drive, pretty quick when she gets on boost and just so much fun, i'll be extremely sorry to see her go. Sale price is £250 spares or repairs.

RE: 205 STDT Oberon Green GTi replica - Dum-Dum - 20-05-2017

I wish I'd not bought a new car last month otherwise I'd have been very interested in this as it was a hoot when I drove it ages ago.

RE: 205 STDT Oberon Green GTi replica - welshpug - 20-05-2017

arch trims are standard to this model, but should have sikver strips

RE: 205 STDT Oberon Green GTi replica - Poodle - 20-05-2017

Yeah, it shouldn't have that louvred panel on the boot and different wheels (i think speedline SL321s) too.

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Poodle - 23-05-2017

Change of plan, had it on a ramp today and refreshed my memory on the welding - suffice to say i really can't be arsed to recover it and don't have the time anyway. Price dropped to rock bottom accordingly, will still come with all the spares i've got for it.

Although driving it to work and back reminded me how much i love it. :'(

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - welshpug - 23-05-2017

any details of corrosion issues?

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Poodle - 24-05-2017

Sills and up around the sides of the fuel tank, further back didn't look too bad.

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Eeyore - 24-05-2017

Ive seen this before and it looks great. Sad to hear of the rust but otherwise its a tidy car!

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - ginge191 - 24-05-2017

I've got a lovely XUD lump ready to drop into this running 205 setup if anyone uses this as a project

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Doseph - 25-05-2017

ahhhh man i kind of want this even if its just for parts.
I cant see the pics for some reason?

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - bashbarnard - 25-05-2017

Ive sent joe the pics for you as i have him on facebook, no oidea why they arent working for him

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Doseph - 25-05-2017

I had a look on tapptalk and they didnt work there either.
Bash has sent me them now ttho thanks

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Poodle - 26-05-2017

Nice one, cheers Bash.

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Poodle - 06-06-2017

Updated with list of spares, still more to add.

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Poodle - 14-11-2017

Still for sale.

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - allye - 14-11-2017

Could you get better pictures of the interior? What is the paint like, will it come good with a mop?

RE: 205 STDT £500 spares or repairs - Poodle - 16-11-2017

I don't know about the paintwork, but I doubt it could be fixed with just a mop. Most of it is OK, but the roof is a bit far gone. I'm no bodywork/detailer guy though, you can probably make a better judgement yourself from the pics. I can get you better pictures of the interior if you still want them despite the paintwork.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Poodle - 07-11-2018

Price dropped to £250. This is in my way now, first person to come to my door with a sensible amount of cash can take it away.

It's on here so cheap because I'm too lazy to list it on ebay and I'd like it to go to somebody who will enjoy it or at least recycle it into their own projects, or even an enthusiast that wants to make some pocket money breaking it. Once my current project is rolling and I can access the 205 easily again I will stick on ebay and any of the traders that operate with old pugs will take my arm off, so get on and message me if you're interested.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Frosty - 07-11-2018

I would of been tempted but i'm having a clear out rather than add to my collection. Best of luck with the sale though. Your best bet will be putting it on ebay though to be honest, should make reasonable money as well i reckon.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - td_dan - 08-11-2018

Its a shame your so far away as im really tempted by this.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Toms306 - 08-11-2018

Ebay is just full of timewasters and costs a lot...been hassle for every car I've sold this year. Autotrader is free for cars under a grand and usually get a better class of buyers so could be worth sticking it on there. Facebook groups and marketplace seem to be best for cheap cars currently.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Danny Wideboy - 13-11-2018

You still Portsmouth way Poodle?
Kinda interested. Could be the next weldathon.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Dave - 04-12-2018

I presume this has no MOT?

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Danny Wideboy - 04-12-2018

No.
I'm planning on going down in a short while to have a look/collect it.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Poodle - 16-12-2018

Sold. I hope Danny enjoys it as much as I have.

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Danny Wideboy - 16-12-2018

I enjoyed it plenty on the way back. In fact, I love it.
Can't wait to get her ship shape and Bristol fashion!

RE: 205 STDT £250 spares or repairs - Eeyore - 18-12-2018

finally it sold! Hope it stays around in the community as its a good car Smile