306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Meets (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April (/showthread.php?tid=35564)

Pages: 1 2

Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Poodle - 06-02-2017

Probably about time i got a thread up for this if i'm going to organise it. Don't expect to see any proper information within the next couple of weeks as my wedding is imminent. However, the basic plan is to have a meet in the New Forest (West Hampshire) including a drive around some nice roads in the area and a barbecue at the end. 

The starting point is the Cat and Fiddle pub, Hinton on the A35. BH23 7DS. The date is Sunday 30th April. Meet at 10:30 in the pub car park, depart at 11:00. Drive around with a few scheduled stops (specifics will be handed out on the day to avoid randoms from dropping in via google) to help keep everybody together and for photo opportunities. Then finish at a barbecue site for lunch around 1:30.

The barbecue site is now booked for our group so there will be plenty of space and large grills available, just bring coal and food. There are a couple of picnic benches on site too, so if numbers stay as they are we shouldn't even need to bring any seats.

If anybody would like to join in part way round the route, post in here and i'll get in contact via pm. I'll be making up a map of the route and handing out copies to all cars in case anybody loses the group at any point, i'll also hand out a couple of phone numbers. Sundays in the New Forest are as busy as you would expect with any national park, especially if the weather is good, so be aware and don't panic about getting left behind.

Everybody involved will be representing the club and will be expected to behave accordingly. Every event i've helped with has made me proud of our members and i see no reason why that should change. Smile

Date is Sunday 30th April, get your names down!

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Eeyore - 06-02-2017

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Poodle - 07-02-2017

Yes Sam!!

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Frosty - 07-02-2017

I would like to try and make it to this, but i will class myself as a maybe for the time being.

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore
3. Frosty (Maybe)

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Niall - 07-02-2017

I'll be there if someone can pick me up. I'm not doing it in a diesel megane lol

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - dorranleane97 - 07-02-2017

Im a new member to the forum but a local, il be along to meet the fellow local pug owners ?

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - PugLee - 07-02-2017

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee (maybe)

Think it's about time I was a bit more of an active member! Although I'm a maybe as it's an hour and a half for me just to get to the meeting point lol

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Poodle - 07-02-2017

Be great to see some new faces in the area.

(07-02-2017, 07:14 PM)Niall Wrote: I'll be there if someone can pick me up. I'm not doing it in a diesel megane lol

Come with me in the bus!

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Frosty - 08-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 09:27 PM)PugLee Wrote: 1. Poodle
2. Eeyore
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee (maybe)

Think it's about time I was a bit more of an active member! Although I'm a maybe as it's an hour and a half for me just to get to the meeting point lol

Im about 2 hours away

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Poodle - 08-02-2017

It's an hour away from me and i'm running it lol.

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Jonny81191 - 08-02-2017

I'll be there in the s16, or maybe the boost bus hdi.

Niall, you can borrow whichever one I'm not using if you want?

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Eeyore - 08-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 09:27 PM)PugLee Wrote: Think it's about time I was a bit more of an active member! Although I'm a maybe as it's an hour and a half for me just to get to the meeting point lol

Its probably about 3 hours if not more for me!

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Orta - 08-02-2017

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee (maybe)
5. Orta

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - PugLee - 08-02-2017

I guess I'm coming then haha

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Poodle - 08-02-2017

Yes, give in to peer pressure! Big Grin

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - PugLee - 09-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 09:27 PM)PugLee Wrote: 1. Poodle
2. Eeyore
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee 

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - wainwrightj - 09-02-2017

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee (maybe)
5. Orta
6. wainwrightj (provided you don't mind a youngen(me) coming along)

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Poodle - 09-02-2017

Everybody is welcome bud. Smile

If you're that much of a dick we'll let you know sharpish, don't worry, Niall and i don't like the competition. Wink

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - wainwrightj - 10-02-2017

(09-02-2017, 02:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: Everybody is welcome bud. Smile

If you're that much of a dick we'll let you know sharpish, don't worry, Niall and i don't like the competition. Wink

Ouch, never said I was a dick Wink nice to know you oldies are just as stereotypical as us Wink

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Poodle - 11-02-2017

Hahaha only teasing mate, look forward to meeting you! I had my first accident on the way home from one of these meets, (Pugrun 2009 perhaps..?) so i'd be a fine one to talk lol.

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - wainwrightj - 12-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 07:03 AM)Poodle Wrote: Hahaha only teasing mate, look forward to meeting you! I had my first accident on the way home from one of these meets, (Pugrun 2009 perhaps..?) so i'd be a fine one to talk lol.

Look forward to meeting you too, I'm hoping that won't happen to me haha

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Dum-Dum - 12-02-2017

I might come along but it's such a might I'm not even putting my name on the list.

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Poodle - 13-02-2017

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee
5. Orta
6. wainwrightj
7. Niall
8. Jonny81191

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Eeyore - 14-02-2017

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore (Maybe)
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee
5. Orta
6. wainwrightj
7. Niall
8. Jonny81191

Ive put myself down as a maybe because as of now im actually double booked D:

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Orta - 15-02-2017

Scratch me off the list sorry we're in Scotland that weekend

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Eeyore - 15-02-2017

wah waaaa waaaaaa

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore (Maybe)
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee
6. wainwrightj
7. Niall
8. Jonny81191

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Matt-Rallye - 17-02-2017

I'll fill ortas slot... in the list ninja

1. Poodle
2. Eeyore (Maybe)
3. Frosty (Maybe)
4. PugLee
5. Matt-rallye (most likely with Ozonehostile)
6. wainwrightj
7. Niall
8. Jonny81191

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Poodle - 17-02-2017

Hooray!

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Poodle - 04-03-2017

The barbecue site has been provisionally booked, any donations towards the £75 fee will be gladly received on the day. I would like to draw everybodies attention to the conditions of booking the barbecue site, which i expect to be respected:

CONDITIONS

a. To ensure a safe event you, as the Organiser, will be expected to take an active part in the event and will be entirely responsible for the control of the fire, overall supervision of the proceedings, safety and for the supply of the charcoal.

b. The forest is a working environment. You will ensure that warning signs and instructions from Commission staff are heeded, that areas where work is in progress are avoided and that the participants are kept together. You will be responsible for ensuring that at least one supervisor of the event has a basic knowledge of first aid and that in case of an accident, you or some other person designated by you, will be on hand to give any information about special requirements.

c. The Permit Holder will pay compensation or make good to the Forest District Manager's satisfaction all damage to Forestry Commission property caused by those participating in the event. The Permit Holder will clear all equipment and litter brought onto Forestry Commission land by the Permit Holder and event participants, to the satisfaction of the Forest District Manager.

* The site must be left clean and tidy to the satisfaction of the Forest District Manager by 10.00am. On the morning immediately following the barbecue. All litter must be taken home. Special care must be taken not to break glass or leave any on the Forest.

d. The Permit Holder will ensure that adequate and proper arrangements are made to the satisfaction of the Forest District Manager to protect the safety of participants and all others likely to be within the vicinity of any event. The arrangements may include:

* Making provision for medical assistance

* Ensuring that the fire is completely extinguished before leaving the site.

e. The Permit Holder will ensure that the participants comply with the Forestry Commission Byelaws except as expressly authorised by this Permission. A copy of the Byelaws may be obtained from the Forest District Manager. In particular the Permit Holder will ensure:

* No natural vegetation to be taken from the Forest for burning on the fire

* the barrier must be replaced in the closed position on leaving the site

* reasonable care is taken to prevent disturbance to wild fauna and flora and to agricultural livestock

* compliance with any instructions issued by the Forest District Manager or his authorised representatives or given verbally. You may be required to extinguish the fire if conditions are dangerous

* no loud or amplified music is permitted on the forest. Lighting generators or other powered equipment are not allowed unless prior permission has been given.

I'm confident that you lot are all decent enough that i don't need to point out the above, however now it's there in black and white so there can be no whinging when somebody gets booted for being a lady garden. Wink

RE: Pugrun 2017 (New Forest) - Sunday 30th April - Frosty - 05-03-2017

Im pretty hopeful i'll be able to make it to this.