306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Few engine related questions - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XUD Section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Few engine related questions (/showthread.php?tid=32558)

Few engine related questions - Danaidh - 19-11-2015

I brought a 306 d turbo but the headgasket seems to be blown so I am going to rebuild it and tune it

My questions are

Where's the best place to get a full headgasket kit?

Would the head need to be skimmed or should I get a recon head (maybe tuned head if such thing?)?

Where do must people go or ask to get a gearbox mounted turbo setup? (Am going for a td04 turbo setup)

Is there any guides to show me how to build a 11mm pump and fit it to engine that has a Lucas?

How easy is it to convert a estate to disc brakes?

Sorry for all the questions thanks in advance

RE: Few engine related questions - Seb_Ryan - 19-11-2015

Head gasket kit either ebay or motor factors, youll want timing belt kit aswell.

Head may need to be skimmed, depends if its warped or not, definitely take it to an engine place for pressure test and see if it needs to be skimmed.

I wouldnt bother gearbox mounting a td04 as itll be very laggy tbf and can fit down the back anyway

Search for the 11mm guide there is one about somewhere

And youd need a disc rear beam and different handbrake cables and brake lines made up

I think that covers it lol

RE: Few engine related questions - bashbarnard - 19-11-2015

Yeah basically what he said. Most people who box mount turbos are because they are to big to fit down the back. Or they are show offs.

RE: Few engine related questions - Danaidh - 19-11-2015

Am aiming for big power and figured a td04 was the way to go but I really don't want a lot of lag lol

Then you want a vnt.

RE: Few engine related questions - ashdturb - 19-11-2015

What td04 turbos do people use VW Saab scooby? and what size/adaptor plates to people use ?

RE: Few engine related questions - Danny Wideboy - 19-11-2015

Scooby generally. Can make good power with one. A lot of fun.

You really need to do a bit more searching of the forum archives, there are plenty of people who have done what you are intending. Myself included.
I got all the information needed to do it myself from the forum, the knowledge is out there.

A lot of pictures have been lost from the forum so that may hinder you slightly.
But I'm sure administration are working their hearts out to get them back. Maybe.

RE: Few engine related questions - Danaidh - 19-11-2015

Thanks everyone for the information, can't wait to get started the weather is hindering me at the moment and the fact I don't have a garage and doing this in a residents car park makes things slightly more harder lol

(19-11-2015, 07:28 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Scooby generally.  Can make good power with one. A lot of fun.

You really need to do a bit more searching of the forum archives,  there are plenty of people who have done what you are intending. Myself included.  
I got all the information needed to do it myself from the forum,  the knowledge is out there.

A lot of pictures have been lost from the forum so that may hinder you slightly.
But I'm sure administration are working their hearts out to get them back. Maybe.

Well I just bought one but guy won't post it. I was going to get the td04l think the front mounted turbo but my main question is there any adaptor plates for sale or if someone can make me one and what else I would need to fit it on or is it just the adaptor plate?

cj knocked up a load of adaptor plates an age ago before i was really active on here. there a few knocking about but you will be lucky to find one. as far as i know there is no one currently making them so youll have to diy it

(19-11-2015, 07:59 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: cj knocked up a load of adaptor plates an age ago before i was really active on here. there a few knocking about but you will be lucky to find one. as far as i know there is no one currently making them so youll have to diy it

Any ideas what would be needed ? Drilling or a plate making ? If I have to get a plate made I may get a couple made

Re: RE: Few engine related questions - Seb_Ryan - 20-11-2015

(19-11-2015, 08:16 PM)ashdturb Wrote:
(19-11-2015, 07:59 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: cj knocked up a load of adaptor plates an age ago before i was really active on here. there a few knocking about but you will be lucky to find one. as far as i know there is no one currently making them so youll have to diy it

Any ideas what would be needed ? Drilling or a plate making ? If I have to get a plate made I may get a couple made

Need 2 plates iirc, one for manifold to turbo and one from turbo to exhaust elbow

RE: Few engine related questions - zx_volcane - 20-11-2015

you can make plates up out of 6mm steel - offcuts from steel holders should be cheap enough

Possible to lashup with a vice, drill, appropriate size holecutter, tap for threads, some bolts and a hacksaw. Better yet if you have a grinder and an air powered die grinder.

laser cut plates will be expensive unless you're buying a bunch, and i can't see people being interested

RE: Few engine related questions - 205dtub - 21-11-2015

Strap a more efficient blower on there anyway. A gt2052 or 2056s can be found for similar prices if you dig about.

RE: Few engine related questions - ashdturb - 22-11-2015

Ive seen one of those for sale on Facebook but the bloke isn't back in the country until December.

Also heard some have been know to blow head gaskets with the gt2052?

RE: Few engine related questions - bashbarnard - 22-11-2015

(22-11-2015, 06:35 AM)ashdturb Wrote: Ive seen one of those for sale on Facebook but the bloke isn't back in the country until December.

Also heard some have been know to blow head gaskets with the gt2052?
If thats teddy then thats my old turbo.
If you rag them to much it will lift the head. Ideally you want arps