306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Topgear peugeot segment - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Topgear peugeot segment (/showthread.php?tid=29366)

Pages: 1 2

Topgear peugeot segment - cully - 22-02-2015

started off so well then the idiots went stupid

they really have lost the plot

idiots!

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Jimmy306uk - 22-02-2015

i couldn't stop laughing at it haha

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Ricky - 22-02-2015

It was quite funny. Shame the 306 had about 3 seconds though.

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - WiNgNuTz - 22-02-2015

I was sorely disappointed by that tbh.....I am well aware how staged and scripted Top Gear is, but that was beyond ridiculous. Sad

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Toms306 - 22-02-2015

Tbh they appeared to be normal modern Peugeot drivers.... lol

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Hajman - 22-02-2015

I had hoped there would be slating for the crap cars that had been made, but then a new opportunity for the 208gti or something

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Frosty - 22-02-2015

Completely stupid but i found it pretty funny.

There not wrong though the last 10 plus years Peugeot have made some pretty bad cars

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Pebbles167 - 22-02-2015

Very funny! A bit disappointing they didn't talk more about the good cars, including their recent efforts.

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - puglove - 22-02-2015

Edit.

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Pete - 22-02-2015

Maniac!

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - RAW - 22-02-2015

Got to say i thought it was very funny, though that might be helped by it giving me more opportunity to slate my mate for driving a 307 1.4HDI! Family have had a few more modern Peugeots, and while they've all been ok (only owned to 6months old) none of them seemed made to be anything special, or to last. Ridiculous as the segment was, I think actually they hit the nail on the head, they've been making boring average cars to compete with Fords, Hyundai's, Vauxhalls, Renaults, Seats, and all of the other middle of the road brands that non car people today buy because it will get them from a to b for the next two years till they go and buy a new one.

Rich

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Piggy - 22-02-2015

Couldnt stop laughing. Amazing.

They were all round my way too, that double mini round about is in Chipping Norton.

Not many navigate that safely!

Pugs and my local town...brill! ThumbsUp

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Eeyore - 22-02-2015

It started out great and then it just said they were shit... and dint pick up on any of the new awesome stuff. This would have been alright before the 208 came out... but yeh... not with the times at all!

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Matt - 23-02-2015

I thought it was hilarious

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - adam b - 23-02-2015

(22-02-2015, 10:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: Couldnt stop laughing. Amazing.

They were all round my way too, that double mini round about is in Chipping Norton.

Yeah it catches out so many people! Most expensive petrol station in the world next to it...Must go for a blat over that way soon

I thought it was bang on, shame about the lack of 30th edition 208 though.

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - cpikey316_ - 23-02-2015

it was really really funny!

Clearly not focussed on 306's though, as the nod to the 306 was in the good cars bit!

I did like the nod to the window electrics too! Was funny till my wife pointed out that my Hondas window switch is broken and I cant put the passenger window down from my side either!!

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Piggy - 23-02-2015

(23-02-2015, 12:18 AM)adam b Wrote:
(22-02-2015, 10:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: Couldnt stop laughing. Amazing.

Yeah it catches out so many people! Most expensive petrol station in the world next to it...Must go for a blat over that way soon

I thought it was bang on, shame about the lack of 30th edition 208 though.

Er.
Thats the cheapest station in the area fella.

Get it on a cheap day too (2 per week) and the 2p a litre off in local paper and you'll get it cheaper than asda which is an hour away!

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - r3k1355 - 23-02-2015

(23-02-2015, 12:18 AM)adam b Wrote: I thought it was bang on, shame about the lack of 30th edition 208 though.

It was bang on the mark really, for 10 years Peugeot have made utter shite.
The new 208 Gti is good, a genuine contender in the hot hatch arena.

but lets be honest, it's the first decent car in ten years, and it's still the only decent car the company actually make.

Some might argue the RCZ is ok, and it does share the same engine.

but would anyone actually go out and buy a car thats nickname is the Aldi TT ??????

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Orta - 23-02-2015

Was disappointed that yet again the 205 got the only worthwhile mention. But pleased the media has finally acknowledged what we've all know for the last 10 years is that peugeot stopped making good cars in 2001, with perhaps an exception for the 206 gti 180.

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - r3k1355 - 23-02-2015

The 306 got an honerable mention in the good cars section which is fair enough really.
Would have been nice to see it have some more screen time, but whatever.

Topgear peugeot segment - Sambarker - 23-02-2015

Shame it was a 504 estate and not a 305 estate! 505 gti was my fave

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - 7057sam - 23-02-2015

Yep never heard of a 505 gti and looked epic.

Was hoping they would finish it on a high by driving the 208 gti anniversary model.

They also wasted lods of time just beeing dick's with the news.

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Dum-Dum - 23-02-2015

I thought it was brilliant, very accurate as Peugeot haven't made a good car in 10 years bar maybe the 208GTi and actually the 108 looks very good but not spoken to anyone who's driven one. Obviously on average Honda and Nissan drivers are much much worse than Peugeot drivers but at least Honda and Nissan make a few good cars.

It must of been filmed quite a while ago as the fuel station in the background of the double roundabout bit I'm sure has changed to a BP months ago.

Also was a shame not to see more of Chris's Rallye

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Pebbles167 - 23-02-2015

(23-02-2015, 05:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I thought it was brilliant, very accurate as Peugeot haven't made a good car in 10 years bar maybe the 208GTi and actually the 108 looks very good but not spoken to anyone who's driven one. Obviously on average Honda and Nissan drivers are much much worse than Peugeot drivers but at least Honda and Nissan make a few good cars.

It must of been filmed quite a while ago as the fuel station in the background of the double roundabout bit I'm sure has changed to a BP months ago.

Peugeot started a new era when they released the RCZ, and fully transitioned into it when they completed their current line up.

All their knew models look great, have good engines and reportedly handle well Smile

Was a shame they didn't talk more about that.

Topgear peugeot segment - Sambarker - 23-02-2015

(23-02-2015, 05:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I thought it was brilliant, very accurate as Peugeot haven't made a good car in 10 years bar maybe the 208GTi and actually the 108 looks very good but not spoken to anyone who's driven one. Obviously on average Honda and Nissan drivers are much much worse than Peugeot drivers but at least Honda and Nissan make a few good cars.

I'd say it was filmed a fair while ago dumdum seeing as it looked like it was the middle of summer weather wise!

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Toms306 - 23-02-2015

It was filmed last summer, their 'crash' was on the news, think someone even linked it on here lol.

So made before the 108 was out and the 208 GTi 30th...

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - adam b - 23-02-2015

(23-02-2015, 08:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: Er.
Thats the cheapest station in the area fella.

Get it on a cheap day too (2 per week) and the 2p a litre off in local paper and you'll get it cheaper than asda which is an hour away!

Was a few years ago, but remember paying nearly £1.60 a litre for SUL for my volvo.
Maybe i've got the wrong petrol station then... Getting old lol

Fun roads around there though Big Grin

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Poodle - 23-02-2015

I'm intrigued, there's an awful lot of people claiming the 208 gti 30th has been done out of it's dues compared to the number of people i would expect to have actually driven one...? Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to believe peugeot could make a return to their handling heyday, but what's the likelihood...?

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - impotentials - 23-02-2015

Liked how the rallye and 6 both got seen. No matter how short a period of time

RE: Topgear peugeot segment - Niall - 23-02-2015

They will never make a return to the handling we see in cars like the 205/106/306 due to safety. Everything now has to be extra safe, set up for oversteer and computer controlled because people are just stupid these days and don't really know how to drive. You notice it more lately with the poor weather how many people do not adjust their driving style to the circumstances which is dangerous. But don't worry, the car will do it all for you!

Ive just watched this episode. I thought it was good. Would of been nice for there to be more history and praise on the 405/505/306/205 but there was some, a fair bit of praise from them and a pretty accurate (albeit piss take) representation of todays peugeot drivers!