306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Would you send this back? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: XU Petrol Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Would you send this back? (/showthread.php?tid=27208)

Would you send this back? - MisterGTR - 15-10-2014

Just opened my condenser to fit and it looks like this

Would you send back? Or is it fine?

Seems bent

RE: Would you send this back? - 1616six - 15-10-2014

When I saw the first pic I'd say keep it, however second pic makes it look a bit dodge!

Iron it out?

Wink

RE: Would you send this back? - Piggy - 15-10-2014

Sounds stupid...

But some are bent as standard. Doesnt mean this should be mind

RE: Would you send this back? - Eeyore - 15-10-2014

depends if its meant to be bent or not D:

RE: Would you send this back? - MisterGTR - 15-10-2014

Yeah I have no clue!!

Just more comedy in my attempts to do simple jobs.

Also I can't see how the gas goes from one side across the condenser radiator and out the other?!!

RE: Would you send this back? - Toms306 - 15-10-2014

No, they're not supposed to be bent on 306s!

Seeing as it's ally, you could probably bend it back with a board to spread the weight and something heavy on top. Would want it pressure checked before fitting though tbh!

RE: Would you send this back? - Eeyore - 15-10-2014

depends how desperate you are... if you are do what tom said. if youre not then get it replaced.

Re: RE: Would you send this back? - MisterGTR - 15-10-2014

(15-10-2014, 03:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: No, they're not supposed to be bent on 306s!

Seeing as it's ally, you could probably bend it back with a board to spread the weight and something heavy on top. Would want it pressure checked before fitting though tbh!
Thanks Tom. Will get it replaced. The amount of effort to get this far......I'd be slightly less than pleased if the condenser was leaking

RE: Would you send this back? - Niall - 15-10-2014

Yeah they are supposed to be straight on a 306 so i would definitely send that back!

RE: Would you send this back? - MisterGTR - 15-10-2014

Thanks guys

Would you send this back? - rocker8742 - 15-10-2014

Tbh it looks about as straight as the one on my gti in the second pic and that still works lol

RE: Would you send this back? - RetroPug - 15-10-2014

(15-10-2014, 06:55 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Tbh it looks about as straight as the one on my gti in the second pic and that still works lol
Yeah for now. lmao

It probably wouldn't cause an issue, but like the others said, you've paid for a brand new one and this one is clearly damaged!

RE: Would you send this back? - Toms306 - 16-10-2014

(15-10-2014, 06:55 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Tbh it looks about as straight as the one on my gti in the second pic and that still works lol

Tbf, they do bend easily in a crash lol. The one I took of the moonstone breaker was shaped like a banana. lol

Re: Would you send this back? - MisterGTR - 16-10-2014

Seller called me this morning. I sent him photos. He spoke to Nissen and called me back. The bend is designed (as per diagram) but the item is fragile so the fins do break. But no issue.

He offered to replace but it's funny how the personal touch makes a difference and he assured me it would be fine. And should there be an issue I should call him direct.

Wish me luck!

RE: Would you send this back? - Mark - 16-10-2014

When I bought a new one it had a slight bend in it (but was thicker than the original and a different metal I think). It was sold to me as damaged anyway because the input bit was bent so it was really cheap, so I didn't think anything more of it. It's been on there for over 3 years and been absolutely fine, so I wouldn't worry too much

RE: Would you send this back? - Toms306 - 16-10-2014

I wonder if that's just a Nissens thing then, I'm sure the OE ones are perfectly straight! Confused

RE: Would you send this back? - Midnightclub - 16-10-2014

Well according to that diagram it should have a 3 degree bend, but from your picture that looks substantially more than 3 degrees!