306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Hi from Uruguay - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Newbies (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Hi from Uruguay (/showthread.php?tid=27020)

Hi from Uruguay - osm2121 - 05-10-2014

Hi there folks, my name is Oscar, I live in Uruguay, and im the happy owner of one of the only 2 GTI6´s that ever arrived to the streets of Uruguay. There is a 3rd one, but never reached the streets, went straight to rally competition.
Its a 97´ ph2 S16, here in Uruguay it´s called S16 just like in France, but it´s the exact same as the GTI6, XU10J4RS with BE3/6.
2 months ago, I rebuild completely the front end and the rear beam, all new original parts except for bushes, all powerflex, and citroen vts´s front springs to lower it just a little bit. Also new valeo clutch, new cable, seals, new crankshaft seal, everything I could change, I did. Still havnet finished with it, have to do a couple more things, and then time for painting it.
My idea is to keep it as new and original as possible (though I have some upgrades in mind, but all reversible), cause its a very rare car not only in this country (only 2) but in the whole region, and my idea is to keep it lets say, for ever!! Inlove
Well, a couple of pics

[Image: SAM_2213.jpg]

[Image: SAM_2207.jpg]

[Image: SAM_2148.jpg]

[Image: SAM_2206.jpg]

RE: Hi from Uruguay - WiNgNuTz - 05-10-2014

Welcome along! Always nice to see international members signing up! Looks like a damn tidy example you've got there, have you got any plans for it, or are you keeping it strictly oem?

RE: Hi from Uruguay - osm2121 - 05-10-2014

Im planning on keeping it strictly oem. I just want to fit some 406 Brembos, an upper strut bar, ans simple things like that, that can be removed easily, to leave him back as original as it can be.
Im planning on getting some other 306 to play with, and that one prepare it or modify it for fast road/track day use. And once I get that one, i´ll pass the few mods from the 6 to it, plus a lot more, and keep the 6 strictly oem.

RE: Hi from Uruguay - WiNgNuTz - 05-10-2014

Fair enough, sounds like a win plan to me! Big Grin

RE: Hi from Uruguay - ConorTRG - 05-10-2014

[Image: u_r_gay_Random_yet_funi_27-s478x686-273308.jpg]

Sorry couldnt resist Angel

Welcome along anyway, looks like a really clean 306 nice in silver aswell Smile

hahahaha Yep, saw that coming! lol
Thanks for the welcome, im actually an obsessive maniac with the car!! And i try to keep it as clean and tidy, and in the best shape I can.

RE: Hi from Uruguay - ConorTRG - 05-10-2014

What about other 306's in the range like d turbos, petrols, rallye's etc, are they common in Uruguay?

RE: Hi from Uruguay - Niall - 05-10-2014

Welcome Smile
Lovely looking car!

RE: Hi from Uruguay - Piggy - 05-10-2014

Looks great!!

How do you intend to fit brembos and keep OEM look wheels? Smile

Nope, most of the 306's here are 1.4 and 1.6 8v. D-Turbo think theres none here, just 1 ph1 GTI6, and some ph1 S16 and XSI. Ph2 and Ph3 3door, other than this 2 GTI6's, they're all 1.4. Theres no s16, XSI nor XS ph2/3 here. They always bring the most basic models, and maybe some higher level ones, but just maybe

Brembos, I bought a set of Challengers 17" to fit in along with the calipers, with 288 Xantia/C5 Powerbrakes discs, still dont know what pads to use. I've been looking around and found Ferodo, Mintex and Brembo common pads, for almost the same price, still dont know which to go with. Recomendations are highly appreciated Big Grin

RE: Hi from Uruguay - mcvite - 06-10-2014

Welcome to the forum,nice looking 306 gti-6 you have there,Hello

RE: Hi from Uruguay - Matt-Rallye - 06-10-2014

Welcome to the forum! Big Grin

Brembos and 288 discs will fit behind cyclones with 20mm spacers if you want to keep it looking stock Wink

RE: Hi from Uruguay - osm2121 - 06-10-2014

Thanks for the welcomes!
About the brakes, I dont like the idea of fitting 20mm spacers, I think that would be messing with the geometry of the car, and suspension will suffer it. And once I can build an other 306, i'll fit the oem brakes back again, along with the Cyclones. At least thats my idea, hope I can achieve it.

RE: Hi from Uruguay - Eeyore - 06-10-2014

welcome to the club! nice to see such an enthusiastic member from abroad. Love how its a rare car over there! Big Grin Good luck keeping it mint.

RE: Hi from Uruguay - Matt-Rallye - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 09:56 AM)osm2121 Wrote: Thanks for the welcomes!
About the brakes, I dont like the idea of fitting 20mm spacers, I think that would be messing with the geometry of the car, and suspension will suffer it. And once I can build an other 306, i'll fit the oem brakes back again, along with the Cyclones. At least thats my idea, hope I can avhieve it.

Problem you have is the brembo caliper has 20mm more offset and cyclones run very close to the caliper anyway.

I shall be fitting my brembos this week and fitting 20mm spacers using cyclones just to test how it would work Smile

RE: Hi from Uruguay - osm2121 - 06-10-2014

Well, I'll keep an eye on your project then, to see how that Brembo/Cyclone fitting turns out!

RE: Hi from Uruguay - JamesPT - 08-10-2014

Nice Photos, clean Car. Welcome!

RE: Hi from Uruguay - osm2121 - 09-10-2014

Thanks James!!

@HD-Aye!, I cant answer you PM cause im new around, and dont have 100 posts yet. If you can get that shipping quote for the shims, would be great!

and

@swampy, same pal I have just bought a set of Hel braided lines, and as far as I read around, I wont need any longer line for the Brembos. What I do need is a couple of adapters for the couplings. Anyway, if you do those steel braided lines, how much would it be for the front ones only? Ready for fitting the Brembos, and do they come with colour hoses?
Thanks

RE: Hi from Uruguay - Orta - 09-10-2014

Pics show the cars on a French plate?

RE: Hi from Uruguay - osm2121 - 09-10-2014

Yep, I ordered them from germanplates.com. Uruguayan plates are horrible. I´ve got a couple of tickets/fines, how ever its called, because of non original plates, but the fine its just £10, so doesnt matter that much.
This is the original plate:
[Image: kj7j.jpg]

RE: Hi from Uruguay - Ican - 11-10-2014

Welcome to the forum. Hello

RE: Hi from Uruguay - RetroPug - 17-10-2014

Welcome mate, I think I've seen you on the gti6 forum as well.

You've got some serious dedication buying nearly all your bits from Europe and paying to get them posted over to you! Respect!

RE: Hi from Uruguay - osm2121 - 17-10-2014

Thanks mate! Yes, im at the gti6 forum also. Some parts I find here, mainly service stuff, and bits common in all 306's. But specific gti6 bits, got no choice other than buying abroad. And UK is the main source by far!! You got everything there for pugs

RE: Hi from Uruguay - RetroPug - 17-10-2014

Yeah french hatchbacks are everywhere here!