306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Help choosing a snack... - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Help choosing a snack... (/showthread.php?tid=23193)

Pages: 1 2

Help choosing a snack... - Tom - 13-04-2014

One of the stranger threads i've put up, but theres method in the madness...

Basically i have been given more hours at work, alot more, went from 2 days part time to 6 days a week full time. Now the problem lies here, i start at 4am all week. So i get up at 3:30, thing is, by 6 im starving and we dont have a break til gone 7 so im trying to think of something i can buy that i can keep in the fridge or cupboard at home and just grab at 3 and eat on the drive in so i can make it to break time without starving, the other day i ad a white magnum, surprisingly easy to eat and drive but they're expensive, also had a frube but there isnt exactly alot to them. So yeah thats the deal, what can you think of? Feel free to chat about various snacks and go slightly off topic, rep awarded for helpful answers Smile thanks all.

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Toms306 - 13-04-2014

Breakfast biscuits ftw tbh.... Loads to chose from as well.

RE: Help choosing a snack... - THE_Liam - 13-04-2014

Nutrigrain?

RE: Help choosing a snack... - pug_dturb - 13-04-2014

Weetabix on the go milkshakes. Quite filling

RE: Help choosing a snack... - swampy - 13-04-2014

Yep I keep a box of breakfast biscuits in my desk at work, thinks like brunch bars are cheap and easy to eat on the go

Or a piece of fruit

RE: Help choosing a snack... - 306carter - 13-04-2014

Just stick a couple slices of bread in the toaster while you put your socks on, Lurpak brown sauce in some kitchen roll. Eat on on the road. That's my breakfast every day.

RE: Help choosing a snack... - bashbarnard - 13-04-2014

Nakd anything. Great stuff always tastes good. Good for you and no additives just fruit. They do "ginger bread" bar that taste like ginger bread ands just ffruit. Little snacky bite things are awesome to. Basically anything by them is awesome r

RE: Help choosing a snack... - MY95 - 13-04-2014

Nuts - any, like peanuts, cashew nuts, almonds etc, they are on the go and packed full of all sorts of goodness without going into any technicality (nutrition degree student Tongue)

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Frosty - 13-04-2014

Cant go wrong with a mars bar

RE: Help choosing a snack... - DazzaHDI - 13-04-2014

(13-04-2014, 08:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Breakfast biscuits ftw tbh.... Loads to chose from as well.

This! I either have belvita cereal bars or what evers on offer at asda Tongue

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Tom - 14-04-2014

I hate nuts lol. Was hoping for something (dare i say it) a bit healthier than a mars bar... breakfast biscuits is a damn good shout tbh never even crossed my mind, going to pick some up after work today. I had an ice cream this morning and im hungry now Undecided

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Midnightclub - 14-04-2014

Another +1 for breakfast biscuits

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Curt - 14-04-2014

Breakfast biscuits are pretty awesome

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Eeyore - 14-04-2014

Cereal bars are good. Dont eat white magnums though. i had one every day for a week and put on weight!

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Alan_M - 14-04-2014

If you go for cereal bars, be careful which one you pick! Have a read..... Are Cereal Bars Healthy? Some are laden with fats & sugars...might as well have a coke in the morning.

I'm up at 4.30am and find a banana & real, home-made shake/smoothie does the job till breakfast time. Just make sure you start peeling the banana before you drive!

RE: Help choosing a snack... - silverzx - 14-04-2014

Protein shake.

Got milk bro?

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Matt-Rallye - 14-04-2014

Flapjack or two every morning for me Big Grin So many different flavours / toppings and theyre always cheap and easy to eat on the move.

And its a flapjack so of course its good for you Big Grin

Err flapjacks are full of kcal! And not the good ones usually! Big Grin

RE: Help choosing a snack... - ally406 - 14-04-2014

3 to 7 is a long time. Wholemeal toast or good quality serial (oats etc), slow release energy that will see you through until your next meal. Cheap, healthy, fast. Fruit is ok but will burn off quickly and you'll be hungry again (probably even hungrier than just going without).

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Matt-Rallye - 14-04-2014

Thats why i had the massive smiley face my man Wink

I have a stupidly fast metabolism though so doesnt affect me Big Grin

RE: Help choosing a snack... - C.A.R. - 14-04-2014

What's wrong with getting up earlier and having a bowl of cereal dude? Or have I misread?

Otherwise echo what others have said, those belvita brekkie biscuits are yum.

Need as much sleep as i can get so getting up earlier is off the cards. 3-7 is only 4 hours which wouldnt be bad atall in most cases, but my last meal would of been my tea at say 6 ish so thats 9 hours without food when i wake up, then im up and working hard for 4 hours having still not eaten, its ridiculous, im on my feet working for my entire 8/10/12hour day, anyway i bought some breakfast biscuits in Asda earlier, picked up some nutrigrain ones, keen to see how they go, atleast i have an incentive to get up in the morning now Smile

I wish my incentive to get up in the morning could be measured by Nutrigrain biscuit bars!

3am is a whole new ball game Wink

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Dum-Dum - 14-04-2014

I always found breakfast biscuits a bit dry. I really like the alpen bar but I'd never find one enough for breakfast however the coconut one is lush as a snack) Have you considered a banana and/or an apple. If you wanna be really creative maybe bake yourself some saussage and bacon pasties or something and just take one a day.

If I know I'm not gonna get time for breakfast I take a tupperware of cereal then pick up a pint of milk on the way (I don't often drive to work) or i do a toast sandwich. The simple fact is I barely function without a cuppa and breakfast so I have to live with getting up stupidly early.

Always keep nuts ad jelly babies in my kit bag a work in case I get hungry (nice to have a choice) but they aren't really a breakfast

RE: Help choosing a snack... - THE_Liam - 14-04-2014

What do you do out of interest?

RE: Help choosing a snack... - 306Puggy - 14-04-2014

Interesting thread. I have a superfast metabolism so I don't really have to worry about what I snack on but in the summer I try to eat healthily mainly (maybe 4 days of the week) because of boxing. So I think Cereal bars are good (Nutrigrain bars only have 7% of your GDA per bar), Hummus on wholemeal pita bread, Fat free yogurt, Frijj milkshake (if you like it). And that's all I can think of for now, but have a browse in the shops and in Google for "healthy snacks". But don't go too crazy, keep the magnums for the warmer days. And don't worry about sugar/fat too much just try to eat stuff that has fibre in it at least (because everything has something unhealthy in it to a degree). I also agree with the poster who said fruit makes you hungrier as well, but try to have 5 a day along with other stuff. Edit: I just realised this is not about healthy snacks but snacks in general. Hehe. In which case I would recommend crisps but they aren't as unhealthy as you might think, a couple of packets a day only gives you like 10% of your daily salt intake and about 1/4 of your fat intake. Look at the nutrition information on the packet Smile

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Kezzieboy - 14-04-2014

Cereal bars/breakfast biscuits are all well and good, but tend to be absolutely loaded with sugar, it only takes 15 minutes to make a bowl of cereal and eat it and you'd feel a fucktonne better for it.

I have a super fast metabolism and could technically eat what I want but tbh weight isn't the issue, if you eat shit it's bad for you regardless of your metabolism. I have sultana bran for breakfast, a varied lunch, with 2 pieces of fruit and 2 portions of veg, usually and then try to get 3 portions of veg in my dinner.

Also, careful of fruit as a snack, those who've suggested it, as it's crammed full of fructose, which is pretty bad for you so 2 portions a day is the recommended maximum.

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Toms306 - 14-04-2014

Wait...fruits bad for you?

Is there anything that isn't bad for you in way or another though? lol

RE: Help choosing a snack... - Matt - 15-04-2014

Am I the only one that doesn't eat breakfast? And probably won't eat till like 2pm? Haha