306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Paint - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Interior, Exterior, ICE (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Paint (/showthread.php?tid=2317)

Paint - Matt - 20-03-2012

Right with FCS fast approaching I really wanted my car resprayed by then. But as I've run out of cash for a proper paint job in te next 12 weeks.
So do I take it to FCS in its beaten state.
Rattle can it Matt white. It will have a proper gloss job done in summer
Or rush a gloss job?

Re: Paint - Dan! - 20-03-2012

Do the roller painting thing and do it gloss white. I reckon you could get it looking sweet for not much money! Wink

Re: Paint - Toby - 20-03-2012

If you're doing the whole car, don't bother with aerosols.

Get yourself a paint gun (these are cheap, but you will need a compressed air source) and just buy the paint from a local bodyshop. This will be cheaper and more effective.

Paint - Matt - 20-03-2012

Toby Wrote:If you're doing the whole car, don't bother with aerosols.

Get yourself a paint gun (these are cheap, but you will need a compressed air source) and just buy the paint from a local bodyshop. This will be cheaper and more effective.

This was the original plan for the gloss white paint job, but I don't think I'm going to have enough time before FCS to do a proper job. Might have to do a blow over on gloss and comeback and do the doors shuts etc after

Re: Paint - samass - 20-03-2012

wouldn't matt white make it easier to get a better finish?

Re: Paint - 4WayDiablo - 20-03-2012

Agreed with samass matt white will be much easier to get an ok finish

Re: Paint - samass - 20-03-2012

plus itll look sexual...

Re: Paint - Kezzieboy - 20-03-2012

Matt white > Gloss white. Fact.

Gloss white is boring and ghey.

Re: Paint - Niall - 20-03-2012

Matt if a few of us came down to you, I reckon we could have the whole car prepped for painting in a weekend then it's just a case of painting. The actual painting doesnt take too long and doesn't cost too much. Most of your money will go on fillers, papers etc

Re: Paint - 4WayDiablo - 20-03-2012

Niall Wrote:Matt if a few of us came down to you, I reckon we could have the whole car prepped for painting in a weekend then it's just a case of painting. The actual painting doesnt take too long and doesn't cost too much. Most of your money will go on fillers, papers etc
A weekend? I preped my chalkboard in a few hours with just 2 of usso with a few of us sanding and a few stripping bits wont take that long. Ill be happy to lend a sanding hand

Paint - Ed Doe - 20-03-2012

Niall Wrote:Matt if a few of us came down to you, I reckon we could have the whole car prepped for painting in a weekend then it's just a case of painting. The actual painting doesnt take too long and doesn't cost too much. Most of your money will go on fillers, papers etc

As discussed before a few times I'd be more than happy to lend a hand prepping it up. I don't know much about spraying so will leave that to people who've done it before,but I'd be well interested to learn too!

Re: Paint - Niall - 20-03-2012

Prepping isn't just sanding. Got to fill all the dents and scratches, mask everything, clean it all up. Prep takes the most amount of time.
Never used a proper spray gun before but pretty handy with a can.