306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
alarm siren - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: 306 Repairs & Mods (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Electrics (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: alarm siren (/showthread.php?tid=22947)

alarm siren - ripp444 - 06-04-2014

does anybody know if the alarm siren can be disconnected as mine was going off while driving home last night, and i couldn't get it to go off.
thanks in advance for any answers.

RE: alarm siren - RetroPug - 06-04-2014

Yes.
It is a black box in the passenger wheel-arch near the horns. I think you can just unplug it. It's quite uncommon that they actually still work. On 3 306s my current one is the only one that does.

I'd say the problem is likely to be faulty ultrasonics (the detectors in the a-pillars).

17 years old and siren still working. Smile

The button on the right hand side of the steering column should be able to disable the ultrasonics by the way, just remembered.

RE: alarm siren - Toms306 - 06-04-2014

How do you test the alarm btw? Open windows, lock doors and shake the car? Intrigued as to whether mine works now, don't want it going off during the night!

RE: alarm siren - Piggy - 06-04-2014

Lock with key fob, unlock with key I think will set it off no?

Or sit inside car, and lock it with fob, then manual unlock/open door

RE: alarm siren - Niall - 06-04-2014

(06-04-2014, 08:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: Lock with key fob, unlock with key I think will set it off no?

Or sit inside car, and lock it with fob, then manual unlock/open door

This. Also, the ultrasonics only kick in after about a minute i think so you will have to wait a while before it will go off with you moving inside it.

RE: alarm siren - Toms306 - 06-04-2014

Ok will try it out then. Big Grin

Re: alarm siren - kentiiboii - 06-04-2014

Ultrasonics work straight away nial. Before I changed battery on the 6 my alarm kept kicking in and it was soon as you opened door.

(06-04-2014, 08:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How do you test the alarm btw? Open windows, lock doors and shake the car? Intrigued as to whether mine works now, don't want it going off during the night!

Disconnect battery, reconnect battery, sit in car and lol as it assumes it is being stolen. They are bloody loud though if they do work.

Interestingly on Ph.1s you can put your PIN into the keypad and start the car and drive off anyway as the immobiliser is solely controlled by the keypad, at least that's true for '6s.

RE: alarm siren - Piggy - 07-04-2014

Sod to turn off though as we all found when my ph1 went off when stripping it...taking battery off wont stop it...so make sure your fob works...

RE: alarm siren - RetroPug - 07-04-2014

If you remove the battery from mine it cuts out again...
Weird actually given that the siren has its own batteries, at least it does on later phases.

Hope that's not another buggered up bit of wiring.

Re: alarm siren - kentiiboii - 07-04-2014

Id love to have a keypad pin again! Was a pain but so cool! :-D strangely enough mine was my birth year 1991. Undecided