306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
I know this is an old subject now - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Engines (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: DW10 HDi section (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I know this is an old subject now (/showthread.php?tid=22328)

I know this is an old subject now - camoturd - 19-03-2014

But if I buy a mpps do I need it with the cd and what the cheapest and works....

RE: I know this is an old subject now - powerandtorque - 19-03-2014

You only really need the cable itself, the drivers are all that's on the CD usually and they can be downloaded.

Avoid the ones being sold with maps included - the included map files are liable to be poor at best and to brick (kill) the ECU at worst. Get a map from someone on here that knows what they're doing - Jammapic, Pro_Steve, or Mr_Whippy.

I'm pretty sure all the clone MPPS cables on eBay etc come from the same source in China so I doubt it matters too much where you buy them from - I'd suggest buying from the UK to avoid import tax and so its easy to return if it's faulty, but otherwise, buy from whoever is cheapest at the time.

RE: I know this is an old subject now - camoturd - 19-03-2014

(19-03-2014, 05:22 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: You only really need the cable itself, the drivers are all that's on the CD usually and they can be downloaded.

Avoid the ones being sold with maps included - the included map files are liable to be poor at best and to brick (kill) the ECU at worst. Get a map from someone on here that knows what they're doing - Jammapic, Pro_Steve, or Mr_Whippy.

I'm pretty sure all the clone MPPS cables on eBay etc come from the same source in China so I doubt it matters too much where you buy them from - I'd suggest buying from the UK to avoid import tax and so its easy to return if it's faulty, but otherwise, buy from whoever is cheapest at the time.

So I just get the cable and and done but where do I get the driver from mate

Ok guys what is the connector I need to plug into car ob2 or elms or what ever on a hdi 1999

RE: I know this is an old subject now - powerandtorque - 19-03-2014

I've yet to see one that isn't being sold with the driver tbh, but if you get stuck I uploaded the MPPS v13.02 driver for someone else yesterday here.

Well got the cable coming and paid for remap so stage 1+ coming Friday lol

RE: I know this is an old subject now - pro_steve - 19-03-2014

Software driver and instructions available on my website, might come in handy. The tools are all the same, I would use V12.

(19-03-2014, 06:19 PM)pro_steve Wrote: Software driver and instructions available on my website, might come in handy. The tools are all the same, I would use V12.

Cheers Steve as always great help and powerandtorque rep going to both of you