306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Joey the VNT boosted 205! - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Marques (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Joey the VNT boosted 205! (/showthread.php?tid=17208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 26-02-2014

(26-02-2014, 09:49 PM)td_dan Wrote: Na no header tank sorry

No worries mate Smile

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - powerandtorque - 27-02-2014

Wow that battery tray is pretty special - amazed that there wasn't all manner of nasty noises and driveline shunt with it hanging off like that! :o

Darren - you'll find it much easier removing and refitting engines in a 205 if you remove the slam panel, grill, radiator and cowling first - it's less than 5 minutes work (assuming the bolt rounding monkey haven't been there too) and gives you a huge amount of room to swing the engine in and out compared to doing it as you did.

Tom - if Paul hasn't got one (and he certainly did have, as I removed it from his silver shell myself before he scrapped it) then I should have a spare header tank. If you do need it and you're getting the battery tray from Paul then I could pass it onto him when I see him tomorrow to save you the postage costs.

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Piggy - 27-02-2014

Haha...dont think Darren needs much advice tbh

Good work mate....cant wait for the beast to come alive again!

This not making you itch for your own project?

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 27-02-2014

(27-02-2014, 11:44 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Wow that battery tray is pretty special - amazed that there wasn't all manner of nasty noises and driveline shunt with it hanging off like that! :o

Darren - you'll find it much easier removing and refitting engines in a 205 if you remove the slam panel, grill, radiator and cowling first - it's less than 5 minutes work (assuming the bolt rounding monkey haven't been there too) and gives you a huge amount of room to swing the engine in and out compared to doing it as you did.

Tom - if Paul hasn't got one (and he certainly did have, as I removed it from his silver shell myself before he scrapped it) then I should have a spare header tank. If you do need it and you're getting the battery tray from Paul then I could pass it onto him when I see him tomorrow to save you the postage costs.

Dude i dont know your name but i need to! The header tank is a black plastic thing sort of rectangular is that what you have? Theres loads of pics of it on here. If it is then thats what i need and if you say the right number i will have it off you Smile Also do you still have those partner torsion bars? I cant afford them really atm but i do really need them...

Also f*ck the battery tray Darrens going to weld that up stronger than it ever was before!

It's Anthony but someone has already taken that as a username on here Smile

Yes that's the style of header tank I've got. I dunno - a tenner delivered sound reasonable for it?

I do indeed still have the Partner torsion bars stashed in the garage and unless I get around to pulling my finger out and properly advertising half the bits I've accumulated over the years then I'm sure they'll still be sat there for you in a couple of months when your bank balance has recovered from the costs of getting the 205 fixed and back on the road.

I think personally I'd rather replace the battery tray given that they're easily enough sourced, but I'm sure that a man of Darren's talent can make good that one if needs be - just time and effort I'm sure would be better utilised checking to see what other lash ups the previous owner(s) have done and addressing them before they cause issues.

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 27-02-2014

He'll be ok, if he didnt think he could do it he'd just tell me to buy another, but im not a bank so trying to save where we can Sad

Yeah 10er delivered sounds awesome, get it ready and pm me your details, im on phone atm so will do it when i get home Smile

I'll dig it out of the garage and drop you a PM in a bit Smile

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - padge - 27-02-2014

hope all goes well tom Smile

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - darrenjlobb - 27-02-2014

The engine that came out has no head, turbo, or anceiliees on it, my only concern was getting the engine out quickly in the brief dry spell so that its in my workshop where i need it, much more care / attension will be paid when fitting the new one...a bare xud will pull out the top of a 205 piece of cake without removing anything!

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Jamieh2013 - 27-02-2014

Bet you can't wait to get it back now :p

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - mr_fish - 28-02-2014

more like Darren can't wait to clear up some cars from the yard. lol

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Ryan - 28-02-2014

Can I have a passenger ride when you get it back please Wink

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Dum-Dum - 28-02-2014

Light at the end of the tunnel then, hope its not long for you.

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 28-02-2014

(28-02-2014, 10:02 AM)mr_fish Wrote: more like Darren can't wait to clear up some cars from the yard. lol

Thats why mines at the front by the workshop door Wink

(28-02-2014, 02:05 PM)Ryan Wrote: Can I have a passenger ride when you get it back please Wink

Stupid question. You know you can Wink

(28-02-2014, 02:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Light at the end of the tunnel then, hope its not long for you.

Yeah mate i hope so Smile

Anyway been to Lobb land and had a look, got a brand new peugeot dowel to go in the engine. So hopefully Darren will have the lump together some time soon then he can get the blower on!

Joey, on the road to recovery... - devils_fuel - 01-03-2014

Just read the updates now, lots of awesome movement Smile

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 01-03-2014

(01-03-2014, 07:04 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Just read the updates now, lots of awesome movement Smile

And lots more to come my friend Smile

Anywho, why is it when you work saturdays you really wish you could have the day off, then when your not working you dont know what to do? So yeah, i was thinking im going to want an air filter of some sort on my car, had this filter in the deepest darkest depth of my parts/tools store (mums porch) for ages and decided to take the filter out and clean it all up...

[Image: 20140301_185116_zpsyvsemyuw.jpg]

The filter i got for free, but it looks like piping it to the turbo is going to cost a small fortune :/

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Frosty - 02-03-2014

Yeah the piping isn't cheap, its like £20 a metre

Joey, on the road to recovery... - mr_fish - 02-03-2014

[attachment=13973]

Devon services to keep a cornish car on the road.

Getting her done Tom!

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 02-03-2014

Ah Darren said he was coming up to see you! Thanks for any help you put in there Mark, greatly appreciated Smile Im assuming thats the battery tray/floppy gearbox mount?

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - darrenjlobb - 02-03-2014

Had to borrow Marks welder, Im mig down....question is...who wants to see what ELSE mr Fishleigh had me welding up while i was there Wink hehehe

(02-03-2014, 07:25 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Had to borrow Marks welder, Im mig down....question is...who wants to see what ELSE mr Fishleigh had me welding up while i was there Wink hehehe

Already seen Smile

Mark does love it

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Jimbo - 02-03-2014

Gone on what is it??

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - darrenjlobb - 02-03-2014

While you have the welder going darren...could you just.......

[Image: IMG_20140302_140716.jpg]

After a quick 5 minute attack with a ball hammer, the holes doubled in size and some new ones appeared in the side...the thing is scrap really..however had to proove a point so.....

[Image: IMG_20140302_161601.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140302_161608.jpg]

Made me lol anyways

All i know is "like welding to paper" would be an under exageration haha

Hahahaha what the hell!! Must be one very important mower!

Mark doesn't like anything to go to waste lol

Ah yeah that kinda makes sense lol!! lmao

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Piggy - 02-03-2014

thats epic...i did almost the exact thing with a mower once...times were tight and it had a ace honda engine on it...so out came some scrap metal and the arc welder!...bloody thin though!

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 03-03-2014

Darren: Tom you got another water pump yours is f*cked...

10minutes later...

Darren: Tom you got another flywheel, yours is f*cked, im suprised this engine has lasted has long as it did.

LOL The whole thing is genuinely shit lmao

In other news Darren has sourced a water pump from another motor, and im heading over there tomorrow hopefully with another flywheel and a fancy new turbo oil feed!

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Toms306 - 03-03-2014

That lawmower is pretty awesome haha! Must admit I'd have just scrapped it, can pick up replacements for like a fiver collection only on ebay usually lol.

Oh and the cars kinda good too Tom... lol

RE: Joey, on the road to recovery... - Tom - 03-03-2014

Its a gem ay mate! Wink