306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Amsterdam - July/ August. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Couch (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Amsterdam - July/ August. (/showthread.php?tid=14977)

Pages: 1 2

Amsterdam - July/ August. - declantg - 26-06-2013

So basically as all my mates are being pussies I'm extending the offer to you guys!

Plan currently is a weekend at Amsterdam in late July or start of August.

Will be literally a weekend ATM unless I take some holiday. If so then it will be a 5 day event

This isn't a holiday for sightseeing. I plan on being off my face 24/7 and paying a visit to some special ladies...

Anyone is welcome obviously, at a guess it will cost about£250 total including spending.

Will also be using stansted airport

Anyone in?

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - Dum-Dum - 26-06-2013

Didn't the Dutch change the law so only locals could smoke in the cafes?

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - declantg - 26-06-2013

Nah that got cancelled mate

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - MissTap_GTI6 - 26-06-2013

This is tempting! the Dam is amazing for a quick break!

Just had a look at flights, £100 return with easy jet. Flights only an hour so comfort not an issue.

Not looking to stay at a fancy hotel mind, I don't intend on sleeping much haha.

Come on guys....

Re: Amsterdam - July/ August. - rocker8742 - 26-06-2013

Tempted just depends what time off i can get

Do it do it Wink

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - joelww - 26-06-2013

The pass was deffo overlooked .. i went last november and there was a sign up in a coffeeshop window saying how its now upto local authority to control it not the coffee shops themselves will post photo i took if i can find it .. look into a hotel called the quentin in harlemmerstraat .. it cost me 130 quid for three days two nights and flights included Smile ... its right next door to popeyes too so nice breakfast nd j in the morning Smile .. d be interested if i could get monies...

Legend mate thanks for that.

Come along! Would be epic to go with OC members

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - Matt - 26-06-2013

I'm meant to be going anyway Smile have a friend that lives there Smile

What dates?

No problem. Forgot to mention that hotel (which i will deffo go to when i visit again ) has to be one of the only hotels left that lets you smoke in the rooms ... all she said to us when we asked was if its not the biggest room open the windows.. which opened oit onto the main road so u can just watch everyone buzzing about outside in all the coffeshops and flying up and down on the pushbikes and what not .. much more fun than it sounds haha .... if i manage to sort out some money ttho ill deffo be up for it ... its been 7 months since i went and man im getting the blues ...Sad

If u need any more pics or whateverr let us know and ill see what i can dig out ..Smile

f*ck sale man you got me buzzing

What's your FB?

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - Grant - 26-06-2013

Just got back at the weekend, as tempting as it is, I need a while to recover lol

Search for joel whitehead-williams ..doubt anyone else has a surname like that haha.. i think my profile pic is me in a blue and orange top.. luckily i managed to upload the pics of a'dam before i deleted my facebook app on my phone when it crashed to realise i cant remember the password to log in. so cant get on it at the moment ..

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - Scott - 26-06-2013

Please remember that this is a public forum and that while certain activities are legal in another country they may not be legal here.

Yes, I'm being a Debbie Downer but you guys aren't the only ones responsible for what you post on this site Smile

Grant stop being a pussy

You have a few weeks to recover x

No problem scott Smile cheers for the heads up ...

I do, my bank account doesnt lol.

Im sure youll have a cracking time.

Bad Joel Wink x

(26-06-2013, 09:47 AM)declantg Wrote: Bad Joel Wink x

I hope this is no reference to my facebook which i have no access to at the moment ..Smile

Tried searching for my profile myself then and cant seem to find it .. so declantg if u want picss or any more info message me and i will see what i can do Smile

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - Eeyore - 26-06-2013

put toms306 down. This is definitely his thing!

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - lolsteve - 26-06-2013

(26-06-2013, 09:38 AM)Grant Wrote: Just got back at the weekend, as tempting as it is, I need a while to recover lol

Got back Saturday night, though I saw someone familiar wondering out one of early morning doors. how was she he?

Very nice place though even if you're not into the whole sex, drugs & rock n roll. If you're going for a hostel there's shelter city, it's in the middle of the red light district but it's a Christian hostel and there's a no booze or drugs policy including being under the influence.

Oh and for the love of god watch out for the bike lanes!

Heineken factory is worth a visit apparently if your able to remember what Heineken is.

Second the 'watch out for bike lanes comment ' .. or just bikes in general .. took all but two minutes of being there for my gfs dad to nearly get himself run over and have some dutch woman shouting HEY as she flies past.. the bikes literally are everywhere ..some real crazy contraptions too some like pushbikes with a wheelbarrow on the front.... just adds to the whole craziness off the city ..

It felt like a dreamworld when i got out the taxi the first time haha.

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - devils_fuel - 26-06-2013

not long got back from holland Wink

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - Matt - 26-06-2013

Dunno what dates yet, I'll get back to you

RE: Amsterdam - July/ August. - Kimmie - 26-06-2013

I've just got back from Holland, albiet a quiet town no where near Amsterdam Tongue Just ask for 'Koffie shops' and you'll be fine...nothing like a coffee shop here Tongue

(26-06-2013, 10:03 AM)lolsteve Wrote:
(26-06-2013, 09:38 AM)Grant Wrote: Just got back at the weekend, as tempting as it is, I need a while to recover lol

Got back Saturday night, though I saw someone familiar wondering out one of early morning doors. how was she he?

Very nice place though even if you're not into the whole sex, drugs & rock n roll. If you're going for a hostel there's shelter city, it's in the middle of the red light district but it's a Christian hostel and there's a no booze or drugs policy including being under the influence.

Oh and for the love of god watch out for the bike lanes!

Lol, steve!

Considering the fact i was out there with my girlfiriend, no such shenanigans were undertaken! I think that may have been Chris leaving the tranny district you saw...

Heineken factory is a good one, as Dum says. Anne Franks house is good (if you are into that), and so is the zoo. The ice bar isnt all that. I know its an ice bar, but f*ck me its too cold in there. My beer froze within 5 minutes!

(26-06-2013, 01:39 PM)Grant Wrote: I know its an ice bar, but f*ck me its too cold in there. My beer froze within 5 minutes!

And the quote of the year award goes to........