306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
MG ZR: Cams & Maps - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Marques (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: MG ZR: Cams & Maps (/showthread.php?tid=14360)

MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - devils_fuel - 09-07-2014

Awesome Steve!!!!

Did you leave the cap off after your road trip to hopefully let out the last of the trapped air as the K-series seems to trap air and It comes back in the form of HG Sad

Has procta got any milk bottle tops you can use as discs Wink

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - lolsteve - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 08:45 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Awesome Steve!!!!

Did you leave the cap off after your road trip to hopefully let out the last of the trapped air as the K-series seems to trap air and It comes back in the form of HG Sad

I didn't no :/ I did bleed the system until water came out the bleed point then had the engine on with blowers on hot for a while then let it all cool down with the cap off before taking it on the road. Should be fine right?

Milk bottle tops? If that's a joke about brake size I'll let you know I've got the same size as 6' brakes but on a lighter car Tongue

MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - devils_fuel - 09-07-2014

If I was you Steve I'd go for a 20 min gentle drive tonight and then take the rad cap off when back home, check the level and then leave it off for the night so the last bit of air hopefully goes. PS remember to put the cap back on tomorrow morning lol

Yeah it's a joke, are they as thin as bottle tops?

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - lolsteve - 09-07-2014

I'll have a look tomorrow morning see if the coolant level has gone down, bit late now to be out messing with it

(09-07-2014, 08:04 PM)procta Wrote: great!! just a shame a bout the shell been so heavy.
Well you only have a 143 engine, so you're already loosing Tongue

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - procta - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 09:24 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I'll have a look tomorrow morning see if the coolant level has gone down, bit late now to be out messing with it

(09-07-2014, 08:04 PM)procta Wrote: great!! just a shame a bout the shell been so heavy.
Well you only have a 143 engine, so you're already loosing Tongue

what makes you say I have a 143 engine? Tongue I have a 160 engine, with the early ecu, so that I can run the de cat. As the later ecu setup isn't that keen on de cats. my car is running a hybrid setup you might aswell say.

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Danny2009 - 09-07-2014

Glad it's all back together and running mate

Metros are obviously lighter they have had more chance to rot lol

(09-07-2014, 09:49 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Glad it's all back together and running mate

Metros are obviously lighter they have had more chance to rot lol

that's true dan,

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Eeyore - 09-07-2014

Well done getting this sorted. Maybe you won't hold me up on track in the future?

(09-07-2014, 08:45 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Awesome Steve!!!!

these are to big and to heavy to run metro brakes sadly. remember this posh rover isn't a match box / pocket rocket. its just a heavy posh rover.

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Dum-Dum - 10-07-2014

Well done mate, glad to hear she's working. Reckon you've got your lost ponies back?

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Poodle - 10-07-2014

Nice one, glad to hear it. How come no victory visit?? :p

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Piggy - 10-07-2014

Well done mate...

I wouldnt run it without rad cap for too long...as long as you've blead it well and have decent heaters and no cold spots, it be fine. These bleed up nicely Smile

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Poodle - 10-07-2014

I've never understood the whole "leave the rad cap off" thing, what do you think the expansion tanks for..?

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - lolsteve - 10-07-2014

Cheers Danny, fingers crossed it stays running for a while

(09-07-2014, 09:49 PM)procta Wrote: what makes you say I have a 143 engine? Tongue I have a 160 engine, with the early ecu, so that I can run the de cat. As the later ecu setup isn't that keen on de cats. my car is running a hybrid setup you might aswell say.
Blast, thought I had one up on you then. will just have to get a remap then Smile

(09-07-2014, 09:56 PM)SRowell Wrote: Well done getting this sorted. Maybe you won't hold me up on track in the future?
Don't be butthurt that a throttle bodied 1.8 couldn't keep up with a rover with headgasket failure and budget tyres Tongue

(10-07-2014, 03:50 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Well done mate, glad to hear she's working. Reckon you've got your lost ponies back?
Not sure yet, haven't really given the engine a thrashing yet just to let everything bed in etc. If this doesn't fix it though I'm out of ideas where the ponies have gone

(10-07-2014, 05:37 AM)Poodle Wrote: Nice one, glad to hear it. How come no victory visit?? :p
Sorry dude, was tempted but wanted to stay somewhat close to home in case the worst happened. So I took part in a long chav tradition of a pilgrimage to MacyDs Tongue
(10-07-2014, 06:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: Well done mate...

I wouldnt run it without rad cap for too long...as long as you've bled it well and have decent heaters and no cold spots, it be fine. These bleed up nicely Smile
Thanks man, feels good to try something more ambitious for a change rather than chickening out and going the steel seal route.
Heaters are warm and the bleed screw was letting water out so assume it's well bled bu

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Niall - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 11:04 AM)Poodle Wrote: I've never understood the whole "leave the rad cap off" thing, what do you think the expansion tanks for..?

Exactly your not doing anything extra by leaving it off. Only possibly forgetting to put it back on and then driving it the next morning and loosing all of your coolant!

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - procta - 10-07-2014

i have only left the cap off to let the car burp, and that's on tick over. As metros are not the easiest of cars to bleed,
don't give it any shit just yet, look into the waterless coolant too, as i am going to run that shortly, rather than the pink stuff.

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Eeyore - 10-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 09:56 PM)SRowell Wrote: Well done getting this sorted. Maybe you won't hold me up on track in the future?
Don't be butthurt that a throttle bodied 1.8 couldn't keep up with a rover with headgasket failure and budget tyres Tongue
[/quote]

You were holding me back bro! I was all over you in the corners!

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - lolsteve - 10-07-2014

Went for a small drive to forest today to take puppy out for a walk and left cap off while out just in case it helps, don't want to give it any excuses.

I'm slowly bedding it in by keeping off the vvc for now. just gave it one heavy foot go to make sure oil was getting up into the HCU.

Budget tyres/no oil bro! Wait for me to get some decent 16s and we will see! Tongue

Also got back a checksum'd file for my edited map from a gent on a ecu tuning forum. I modified what I thought was the rev limit but now not sure as the guy found a few other cases of 7200 being mentioned
"I'm not sure if that is the right limiter or not, as I found 7200 in two other places.
So I did another file with that changed to 7450
zrlimiter-phil-chk-ok

Both of em are in that rar file anyway."

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - procta - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 07:44 PM)SRowell Wrote:

You were holding me back bro! I was all over you in the corners!
[/quote]

I wouldn't worry Srowell, these posh rovers were eaten by two metro cup cars that were class c spec, and they were only 1.4 16vs, they had a split race.

MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - DavidA - 10-07-2014

(08-07-2014, 11:11 PM)toseland Wrote: Still want the ZT-T V8 tho...

Dribble...

The closest I've got has been a Trophy Blue ZT-T CDTi 136 so far. Would need to be a lottery win before I could afford to run a V8 !

Im sorry.......

But....are people REALLY dribbling over a ZT-T v8???!!

Undecided

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a 6' - Niall - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 10:15 PM)Piggy Wrote: Im sorry.......

Undecided

Dude normally i don't agree with you (normally you just annoy me Wink ) but 100% agreed. Its not a proper Rover! lol

Haha...maybe this is the start of something special Wink

Its barely a proper car!! Awful barge of a rusty heavy lump of metal on 4 alloys which will corrode into dust with a fire guard for a grill and a pathetic 50 year old puffed out v8 which wasnt much good when it was new!!

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a '6 - Curt - 10-07-2014

Still sounds better than most cars on the road... Good enough reason for me.

I've had to edit the title to move the apostrophe to the correct place, sorry Angel.

MG ZR: Time to beat a '6 - devils_fuel - 11-07-2014

Any vids Steve ?

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a '6 - Poodle - 11-07-2014

Bitch please, dumped for a maccy Ds. Doh Raised rev limiter should be win, or at least will be when you're confident enough in the HG to go looking for it. lol

Another vote against the ZT-T here, they're terrible, lrn2taste.

MG ZR: Time to beat a '6 - DavidA - 11-07-2014

(11-07-2014, 06:04 AM)Poodle Wrote: Another vote against the ZT-T here, they're terrible, lrn2taste.

I agree that there are better cars out there, but I have a soft spot for a V8 and at least the MG was sort of British...

The Dodge Challenger I drove in the USA last year was pretty nice if only a V6.
[attachment=17522]

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a '6 - Poodle - 11-07-2014

Don't mind the troll, it's all down to personal opinion isn't it. My opinion just happens to be that they're ugly as sin, but then i've heard the same said of me and i'm clearly gorgeous. Wink

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a '6 - Dum-Dum - 11-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 10:15 PM)Piggy Wrote: Im sorry.......

Undecided

Yep, and 4.6l with only 260bhp. Have you seen the prices of them though, can get a nice looking diesel estate for a grand, cheapest V8 is nearly 10 grand. There is better (cheaper) RWD V8s say maybe the BMW 540i

RE: MG ZR: Time to beat a '6 - Piggy - 11-07-2014

theres loads of hugely better options for v8 estates out there.... i would say even the v6 omega estate was better looking and nicer all round!!

Anyway ...back on thread...

Get it wound up steve and bouncing off the limiter...if the HG is good, its good, best find out how good sooner than later!