306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Ruan - 19-04-2012

I've done that I think 3 times now to Halfords Advanced T55s either undoing them or doing them up....

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - mark_airey - 19-04-2012

strictly_derv Wrote:Torx keys always seems to break, i've had so many 'decent' borrowed ( Wink ) ones from college snap and get stuck in bolts.
Good luck with the rest anyway and get a first start video.

Sealy tools FTW, not snapped one yet Smile

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Dan! - 19-04-2012

Yeah think im gonna pop down to Halfords this evening and pick up a replacemtn for that and my 6mm allen key attachment which also snapped lol

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Diggers - 19-04-2012

JJ0063 Wrote:
Diggers Wrote:your kidding right?
thats criminal

Jake, at least you've got the piece of mind it wasn't Ben in his back garden with a wood plane & a spirit level...

ninja
least i dare do it, rather than break a mint sigma !!!1

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - 1616six - 19-04-2012

Diggers Wrote:least i dare do it, rather than break a mint sigma !!!1

What you chatting on boy?! It's on the road again now

Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Matt - 19-04-2012

JJ0063 Wrote:
Diggers Wrote:least i dare do it, rather than break a mint sigma !!!1

What you chatting on boy?! It's on the road again now

But you don't own it Tongue

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Dan! - 19-04-2012

Lets keep it on topic boys and girls :angry-tappingfoot:

Might have this thing on the road tonight! :auto-layrubber:

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Ruan - 19-04-2012

mark_airey Wrote:
strictly_derv Wrote:Torx keys always seems to break, i've had so many 'decent' borrowed ( Wink ) ones from college snap and get stuck in bolts.
Good luck with the rest anyway and get a first start video.

Sealy tools FTW, not snapped one yet Smile

Sealey?

Really?

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - darrenjlobb - 19-04-2012

Uve just gotta make sure you are / someone else is supporting the end of the bar so your doing it up square, the second you start yanking on the breaker bar without putting equal force the other way on the torx bit, you will break it instantly, there designed to be strong being twisted, not sideways.

I've never broken one in my life doing head studs, and ive pulled the threads out the block before!

As for sealey tools, how could you mension that name Mark! Deary me! The only thing I have thats sealy is a jack, as I was given it brand new, its pretty much broken the entire time though due to being made of cheese!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - mark_airey - 19-04-2012

Ruan Wrote:Sealey?

Really?

My torx bit set is yeah lol I was joking but it cost me less than £20 and is still going strong, your right, I like Teng stuff as you know Smile

Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Jake - 20-04-2012

IT LIVES!!
Driving nicely & sounds fapping epic! Just drive to work to do a nightshift and then will be having the final tinkle tomorrow to finalise the set up Smile

So good to be back I the road !

Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - padge - 20-04-2012

Good work Smile what boost you running?

Not a clue I would guess just under 20psi completely forgot to turn the light back on in my boost gauge on the drive to work! Doh

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - samass - 20-04-2012

nice one! love the feeling of getting a car back on the road!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Dan! - 20-04-2012

Wow, what a night last night was lol Im not in work today because I was just way to tired after messing about until the early hours of this morning :o

Jakes popping round this afternoon and we'l be sorting a few loose ends up to get it running better. Sounds like the bodged D-seal may be leaking, ideally want to fit the MBC, he said its lots a fair bit of oil overnight (needs a new sump plug) and its also lost a bit of water, so either a leak somewhere or just a bit of air in the system annd it needs topping up/re-bleeding. Not to much to do today and it will be nice working in daylight haha Big Grin

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - mark_airey - 20-04-2012

Good work, you should MTFU and go to work though you skiver lol

Sump plug will just want a new washer on it I would think and the water, as you say, will most likely be air.

Does it go OK now then?

Nah, f*ck work lol Im leaving there in a week or so anyway so who cares lol. I have had the decency to phone in and ask for it as holiday time though Tongue

And yeah, just wants a new washer/maybe plug because they both looked pretty shagged!

And iv not been for a spin yet and jake said he's not gone over 4k, so not really sure! Only boosting 10psi though because we didnt have any hose to fit the MBC, which is this afternoons job Big Grin

Fair point mate, sod them lol

Get the MBC on there, at 20 PSI it will be far better than it was Smile

The MBC is on! Now boosting just over 20psi, I love it!!!

Already popped off a boost pipe though, suppose I'm going to have to get used to it!!

Toxic-Jake Wrote:The MBC is on! Now boosting just over 20psi, I love it!!!

Already popped off a boost pipe though, suppose I'm going to have to get used to it!!

Have to say, I said you would, lol, bet it goes so much better now though, wait until you get it wound up a bit.......

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Diggers - 20-04-2012

Toxic-Jake Wrote:The MBC is on! Now boosting just over 20psi, I love it!!!

20psi isnt much :S

Jake, I put one of the vids on youtube, but natalies stolen the laptop now so I can't post it on here lol. Should be under my username dan72dan Wink

Edit, Ben, it goes better than a 30psi T2! And he's still on tmic, fmic next month hopefully

Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - padge - 20-04-2012

Going to be epic with fmic, im on 20psi atm and its deffo better than my t2 at 28psi

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - strictly_perv - 20-04-2012

Love it!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - darrenjlobb - 20-04-2012

Slog the fooker into the revs boys! Your only half giving her Wink

darrenjlobb Wrote:Slog the fooker into the revs boys! Your only half giving her Wink
yeah I thought that but I was in traffic so had limited room !

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Ruan - 21-04-2012

6500rpm, get on!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Dan! - 22-04-2012

Just had a play with this to get it revving better. Turns out the throttle arm still had about 6mm to go before it hit the pump, so we adjusted that properly. Then I advanced the pump a little, gave the max fuel half a turn and dropped the idle a bit to compensate.

Goes absolutely brilliantly now, even still at 20psi its quicker than any other DT iv been in, id guess at 160/170hp tbh. Just needs a FMIC, bit more boost and a rolling road session now imo Wink