306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - mark_airey - 16-04-2012

Any pics of the finished wheel?

Dum-Dum Wrote:Epic way to reduce your finger count.

If you can cut a finger off with a wheel that is blunt as hell and hardly moving I will be impressed, you will find that they just sorta bounce out of the way if you catch the end of a spoke Wink

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Dan! - 16-04-2012

No, because its still not finished! lol Because the wheels have been bare metal with no paint on them at all they had pitted quite badly, Jake was using 120 grit and that was only just starting to get rid of it! :o Its looking much better now though, just needs working up the grades to shine it up Smile

Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Jake - 18-04-2012

Well the heads back, along with everything needed to fit it & cost bloody enough!, it has had a rebuild as well... it has been *placed* onto the block but not torqued down yet,

Here's some pictures of shinyness,

[Image: dae18e16.jpg]

[Image: 7a67ead9.jpg]

[Image: d081d1bd.jpg]

Will update soon hopefully!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Diggers - 18-04-2012

how much it cost to get it skimmed

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Dan! - 18-04-2012

£170 for it to be skimmed, pressure tested and rebuilt with new seals.

Also, bit of an update. Finished up for the evening about half an hour ago! Got the head on, engine mount bolted to the block/head, cambelt refitted, thermostat housing back on, injectors all in and vacuum pump back on. Not to bad for a couple of hours work in the cold/half dark lol

Tomorrow list includes....

- Fuel filter housing
- Top rad hose
- Injector lines/leak offs
- Exhaust/inlet manifolds
- Engine back on mounts
- Battery tray/battery
- Bleed coolant system
- TMIC

Think thats everything then....... :o

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - darrenjlobb - 18-04-2012

Dan, You clearly need an XUD back in your life....ever since you sold yours you cant keep your hands off them Wink

Oh stop it you Wink

I spend enough time f*cking around with them as it is, I dont need my own aswel lol In all seriousness id love another one, but its not really logical atm tbh, and I have 3 of the bastards to keep my entertained anyway Tongue

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - darrenjlobb - 18-04-2012

So...

How much longer till we have 50pounds at the intake and chronic coal? Smile

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Connor - 18-04-2012

darrenjlobb Wrote:Dan, You clearly need an XUD back in your life....ever since you sold yours you cant keep your hands off them Wink
He can blow up his own then lol

<2+1 you really Dan x

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Diggers - 18-04-2012

Dan! Wrote:£170 for it to be skimmed, pressure tested and rebuilt with new seals.
your kidding right?
thats criminal

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - 1616six - 18-04-2012

Diggers Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:£170 for it to be skimmed, pressure tested and rebuilt with new seals.
your kidding right?
thats criminal

Jake, at least you've got the piece of mind it wasn't Ben in his back garden with a wood plane & a spirit level...

ninja

Diggers Wrote:
your kidding right?
thats criminal

Tbh mate I'm not too fussed about paying that, the work that has been done is good and he had it back in a couple days, I'm not out for the bargain
I just want my car back on the road Smile

Hopefully it will be driving again tomorrow with final tweaks to it Friday to get it running right! Then on payday it will be getting a front mount then epic boosts Wink !!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - mark_airey - 18-04-2012

Toxic-Jake Wrote:Tbh mate I'm not too fussed about paying that, the work that has been done is good and he had it back in a couple days, I'm not out for the bargain
I just want my car back on the road Smile

Hopefully it will be driving again tomorrow with final tweaks to it Friday to get it running right! Then on payday it will be getting a front mount then epic boosts Wink !!

Your going to love it, seriously its a whole new world with a bigger turbo, makes a massive difference, just make sure Dan doesn't blow it up Tongue

Tis good to know Mark ! Last couple of days I have really been wondering if it's worth all the work that is going into it!

If anyone is going to blow it up it will be me lol, craving more boost!!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - mark_airey - 18-04-2012

Toxic-Jake Wrote:Tis good to know Mark ! Last couple of days I have really been wondering if it's worth all the work that is going into it!

If anyone is going to blow it up it will be me lol, craving more boost!!

Get it set up right and it will be worth the effort Smile

You can never have too much boost............

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - padge - 18-04-2012

im still hauling a solid 20psi! and its not bad at that, totally clean aswell, i cba to turn it up lol!

padge Wrote:im still hauling a solid 20psi! and its not bad at that, totally clean aswell, i cba to turn it up lol!

What sort of power is it making at 20psi?

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - padge - 18-04-2012

hmm in comparison to all my other sets ups and dynos, i'd say around the 135-140bhp mark.

Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Jake - 19-04-2012

Hmmm, that would do for now, want at least 150 from it after the fmic is on though!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - samass - 19-04-2012

shiney! nice to see its coming back together mate, must be a right ballache having it off the road! and i £170 for a skim, test, and new seals in a couple of days is worth it tbh

Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - padge - 19-04-2012

Lol 150 is piss easy i made 160 at 3500rpm at 27psi on t25

samass Wrote:shiney! nice to see its coming back together mate, must be a right ballache having it off the road! and i £170 for a skim, test, and new seals in a couple of days is worth it tbh

Yea it's a right PITA but will be worth if when it's back on the road!

Yeah I'm not setting my sights too high padge as its still going to be driven 50miles or so daily, I'll stick it at 25-30psi and see how I get on!

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - Dan! - 19-04-2012

Diggers Wrote:your kidding right?
thats criminal

Did you read the part about it being rebuilt? :clap:

Its not a bad price at all for what is now a fully reconditioned head, done in a few days by somebody who has a great reputation for engine work in this area.

Its not my money I know, but if it was then I would 100% go to him for the work, not someone called Wayne who will do it in his lunch break at kwik fit for a crate of stella. You get what you pay for.

Oh yeah look what happened when the head bolts were getting tightened up

[Image: 05bb5535.jpg]
luckily that happened just as the last bolt was finished being tightened!

HALFORDS ADVANCED TOOLS FTW

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - strictly_perv - 19-04-2012

That was lucky!
Is it running yet??

strictly_derv Wrote:That was lucky!
Is it running yet??

Soon tough!

Yeah was litterally doing the last 90° of the last bolt! haha

Nope, im at work today so we cant get cracking until like 5.30pm. The list I posted further up the page is still what we have left to do. Might be able to get it finished tonight if all goes well :o

Re: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo. - strictly_perv - 19-04-2012

Torx keys always seems to break, i've had so many 'decent' borrowed ( Wink ) ones from college snap and get stuck in bolts.
Good luck with the rest anyway and get a first start video.