306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
interest in FMIC adaptors? - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: For Sale (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Parts (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: interest in FMIC adaptors? (/showthread.php?tid=10717)

Pages: 1 2

interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jimbo - 10-02-2013

Me and friend at work made a fmic adaptor last week . Can offer these at 30 pounds posted if any interest . Not as good as xantia route but can't see any problem with them .
Sheet steel double seam welded. 2.25 inlet boost pipe re off. Thicker base to ensure it clamps down tight. gasket cut from proper gasket paper . Also not shown in pic a bead of weld will be run around the end of intake pipe to stop pipe blowing off. And we have found a better way for compensator take off .the one in pic is not ths best

[Image: 20130208_142816.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0811.jpg]

Finished item will be smoothed down and painted. And were Going to rig up a pressure tester and test to around 30 psi. The one in the pic is the first run we will be taking taking more time with any that we sell.

Thanks

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - puglove - 10-02-2013

I could be interested in this. My currunt one is wayyy to big

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jimbo - 10-02-2013

Yeah im going to have the one in the picture. The others will be made to order. Can chose from 2, 2.25 or 2.5 piping with one or two boost pipe take offs to save teeing into compensator pipe for boost gauge.

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - chippyba - 10-02-2013

Yeah i wud b defo interested in 1 b easier than swaping inlets

interest in FMIC adaptors? - Sambarker - 10-02-2013

Lazy bastards......

Nice one for producing these, I've used one in the past and they are a hell of a lot more easier

Re: interest in FMIC adaptors? - aggyj17 - 10-02-2013

im definatly interestedBig Grin

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - chippyba - 14-02-2013

How do we arrange payment for 1 of these ??

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - chippyba - 14-02-2013

How do we arrange payment for 1 of these ??

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jenkosowls - 14-02-2013

Looks a little rough doesn't it at least soft pad them up to look smarter.

Tigged in ally is where it's at

interest in FMIC adaptors? - Frosty - 14-02-2013

(14-02-2013, 07:00 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Looks a little rough doesn't it at least soft pad them up to look smarter.

Well he is only trying to help people by making these as a lot of people seem to want them. If people want tidiness go for the xantia manifold!

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - parrotveasey81 - 15-02-2013

(14-02-2013, 07:00 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Looks a little rough doesn't it at least soft pad them up to look smarter.

"Finished item will be smoothed down and painted"

interest in FMIC adaptors? - Frosty - 15-02-2013

So is would defiantly want 1 if these as my mate wants to know how many to make?

Jimbo will try and get some pics up of a finished 1 next week

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - chippyba - 26-02-2013

When n how can people order these adaptors ???

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jimbo - 26-02-2013

Right in the process of making 5 units pm me if you want one and ill send Paypal details. 30 posted ok

Thanks

Re: interest in FMIC adaptors? - aggyj17 - 26-02-2013

ill take one send me some payment details and ill send funds over i cant send you a pm for some reason

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - silverzx - 26-02-2013

IMO these style of adapters are ideal for someone who wants to put a FMIC on, I used one on my first attempt and it saved a lot of hassle. With these you don't even have to jack the car up to fit the FMIC.

However if your going to get a bigger turbo on at some point you will be removing the inlet manifold at least once or twice in which case you might aswell go the Xantia route. You can get inlet manifolds for £5-£20 from most scrap yards.

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jimbo - 26-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 08:33 PM)silverzx Wrote: IMO these style of adapters are ideal for someone who wants to put a FMIC on, I used one on my first attempt and it saved a lot of hassle. With these you don't even have to jack the car up to fit the FMIC.

However if your going to get a bigger turbo on at some point you will be removing the inlet manifold at least once or twice in which case you might aswell go the Xantia route. You can get inlet manifolds for £5-£20 from most scrap yards.

couldn't agree more if you want massive turbo power go xantia route if your happy with maybe up to 140 bhp sure this will be a hassle free way of fmic'ing your dturbo

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - the milkman - 26-02-2013

right no offence but the original post of these looks very bodged. dont get me wrong im not saying it wont work but if someone could show me one that doesnt look as rough round the edges then yea by all means i'll probs be ordering 2 maybe 3 for my mates but as said just want it looking slightly tidier

Re: interest in FMIC adaptors? - aggyj17 - 26-02-2013

Pm'd.

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jimbo - 27-02-2013

(26-02-2013, 10:14 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Pm'd.

Thanks
Being made as we speak expect it within a week or so

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - browner dturbo - 27-02-2013

Hi im intrested in a addapter how do i proced payment

(27-02-2013, 04:26 PM)browner dturbo Wrote: Hi im intrested in a addapter how do i proced payment
Go to Paypal send the money to the address a few posts above as a gift then let me no the delivery details
Thanks james

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - the milkman - 27-02-2013

Jimbo you got a picture of a finished tidy one yet?

Hopefully get one up later this evening bud

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - the milkman - 27-02-2013

Alright nice one pal

Picture of one of a few made today
Few changes now have made a pipe beader for the end . And using proper fittings for boost compensator
[Image: IMG_6940.jpg] Tutti

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - aaron_one - 27-02-2013

I would very much like one of these, can I order one?

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jimbo - 28-02-2013

Yeah sure just drop us a pm when you have with some details.
Thank you

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Jimbo - 01-03-2013

Sold two of these still Got 2 ready made up anyone else interested

RE: interest in FMIC adaptors? - Dave - 02-03-2013

How thick is the base plate on these? I was just wondering if they would be strong enough to support 50 or 60lb hanging off it if you're pushing 30psi of boost without it flexing/seeping :S