306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: For Sale (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Parts (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 (/showthread.php?tid=10024)

Pages: 1 2

Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - cwspellowe - 20-01-2013

Hi fellas.

Given the success of the last torsion bar group buy, and the fact i've now tested out a set for myself, i'm happy to offer another group buy on custom torsion bars and ARB's.

[Image: 319057_10151266041712485_1707568375_n.jpg]

From the first group buy:

Quote:Right after having no luck in finding the torsion bars I want/need, i've made a few calls and can now offer a group buy on custom torsion bars for the 306, but can also include them for the 106 and 205 ones too.

Your choice of size, however thick you want. Anything over 23mm will need the trailing arms to be removed as the bar won't physically fit through the splined holes, but the splined ends will remain the same size so no actual machining work is needed.

These are the same guys that Pug1Off use that retail at £324 + £14.99 delivery so there is potential for a MASSIVE saving here. To put things in perspective, Peugeot Sport 23.5mm bars were retailed at 200Euros EACH when you could buy them new. Xsara 21mm bars, even with Peugeot staff discount at cost + 10% come in at £190 new.

As you can see the prices are exceptional considering you could go as hardcore as 25mm for a similar price to new Xsara VTS bars!

Approx. spring rates

18mm 90lb/inch
19mm 110lb/inch
20mm 135lb/inch
21mm 165lb/inch
22mm 195lb/inch
23mm 235lb/inch
24mm 280lb/inch
25mm 330lb/inch

I've also been assured these are multi-stage heat treated and made of the same material as Peugeot Sport bars (EN47 iirc?) so no chance of sagging after a few miles.

As said, without mentioning names, the company they supply has never had any complaints from customers, and these direct from the manufacturer come in at a massive saving.

With regards to sizes:

He's produced the hybrid ARB before so has the exact dimensions to guarantee no modification to fit one. 30mm ARB's will need the trailing arm pins modified.

Torsion bars can be done to ANY size. 21.5mm? No problem. 23.1mm? Sure.

The maximum size they can make the torsion bars in to fit without removing a trailing arm are 23.5mm, the same as the Peugeot Sport ones. The cutaways in the splined sections are deeper than the 24mm diameter so to confirm, 24mm bars will not fit without removing a trailing arm.

Please email me at stancewagon@hotmail.co.uk or PM me if you want payment details and to arrange delivery address etc.

The only amendment this time round will be the price, given that there was a lot of faffing about involved for me the prices are going up slightly to take this into account.

So this time, including postage, the prices will be as follows.

Torsion bars (per pair, delivered) £220 (over 25mm +£25) Pug1Off price £340 delivered for 25mm and under, save £120!

Anti Roll Bars (delivered) £125 (over 25mm +£15) Pug1Off price £177 delivered for 25mm and under, save £52!

Hybrid Anti Roll Bar (delivered) £160 last seen for sale new at £190 delivered on the GTI6 forum save £30!

Some big savings on some shiny suspension bits. All bars are sprayed matte black as part of the production process.

Anyone interested, get your names down. Once we have five definites we can look at ordering. As an FYI, delivery can take up to 2 weeks from when they are ordered. I got the impression they would be out quicker than that last time, considering I handled over £5k through Paypal it was obviously unnerving that stuff hadn't arrived when I thought it would.

I can now confirm though that the company is legit and the bars work much as they should Smile

Looking at the end of January to have the group buy done and dusted

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - Slam Wagon - 20-01-2013

What thickness are the standard ARB and hybrid ARB?

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - cwspellowe - 20-01-2013

Depends what beam you have.

Standard 306 tb's are 19mm, gti's are 20mm, late ph3 meridian estates were lucky to get 21mm's.

GTi rear ARB's were 24mm iirc? I'm sure someone can confirm various sizes for models. Long story short, the biggest you'll have are 21mm bars given your reg. If you want low and wide, 23.5mm's are the way forward, I run them on mine and barely get any scrubbing with the wheels flush with the arches.

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - martyn92 - 20-01-2013

I'm guessing still need over 5 to get them at the cheaper price?

Correct mate aye, no discount any less than 5. Hopefully there'll still be enough interested in them though to get at least 5.

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - Niall - 20-01-2013

1. Niall - hybrid anti roll bar

Just to say, i purchased the 23.5mm Torsion bars for my 6. I was a bit worried they had done a runner with my money but they showed up very well packaged and fitted perfectly and improved the handling no end! Only thing i will say is the dusting of paint they get isn't brilliant so i would recommend giving them a coat your self before fitting just to ensure they last.

Oh and remember to adjust your ride height. Mine was lowered 35mm on the standard bars, put these in at the same 35mm, dropped it on the ground and it was back at standard height due to the new stiffness lmao

(20-01-2013, 09:58 PM)Niall Wrote: Just to say, i purchased the 23.5mm Torsion bars for my 6. I was a bit worried they had done a runner with my money but they showed up very well packaged and fitted perfectly and improved the handling no end! Only thing i will say is the dusting of paint they get isn't brilliant so i would recommend giving them a coat your self before fitting just to ensure they last.

Oh and remember to adjust your ride height. Mine was lowered 35mm on the standard bars, put these in at the same 35mm, dropped it on the ground and it was back at standard height due to the new stiffness lmao

I can echo that. Ridiculous how much higher the back end gets with massive torsion bars lmao

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - Eeyore - 20-01-2013

How likely is this to happen again in the future? And what are the prices outside of the group buy (normal pug1off prices?)?

Id like to ideally get low and get some nice wheels before putting bigger TBs in D:

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - Daniel306 - 20-01-2013

1. Niall - hybrid anti roll bar
2. Daniel - Torsion bars 23.5mm + Anti Roll Bar

(20-01-2013, 10:04 PM)SRowell Wrote: How likely is this to happen again in the future? And what are the prices outside of the group buy (normal pug1off prices?)?

Id like to ideally get low and get some nice wheels before putting bigger TBs in D:

No, Pug1Off prices are massively marked up, they're the only commercially available supplier of these bars though. The company that makes them has some small motorsport applications and group buys, but outside of them it's Pug1Off prices i'm afraid.

They'll entertain orders under 5 but the prices are roughly £20 over the group buy price if we don't reach 5. Still a saving on Pug1Off, or if you want some at a later date and let me know, they may let us order the odd set given the business we've generated for them

Chris want me to put this up on the 6 forum?

Already done Wink i'm a paid member now haha

(20-01-2013, 09:54 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Depends what beam you have.

Standard 306 tb's are 19mm, gti's are 20mm, late ph3 meridian estates were lucky to get 21mm's.

GTi rear ARB's were 24mm iirc? I'm sure someone can confirm various sizes for models. Long story short, the biggest you'll have are 21mm bars given your reg. If you want low and wide, 23.5mm's are the way forward, I run them on mine and barely get any scrubbing with the wheels flush with the arches.

so your not sure what size the ARBs are? I know about the torsion bars, but im more interested in the difference between the standard and hybrid ARB. if anyone who has just replaced the arb and not the torsion bars how much difference did it make etc?

thanks

ian

Can't 100% say on ARB sizes i'm afraid. I know a bigger ARB is recommended above 21mm torsion bars though as the stiffer the TB's go, the less effective the standard ARB becomes to the point it doesn't really do anything.

The standard gti/high spec ARB was 24mm

I was going to get a ARB when i bought my TBs but i didnt have the cash. All the guys on the 6 forum said the hybrid ARB is possibly the best single suspension mod you can make to the car and i do trust what some of them say as they are seriously into their suspension setups.

hmmm. my biggest problem is body roll at the rear, ive got the arch work done to fit the wheels but under serious cornering theres still the slightest rub and my cars already pretty rattley (standard for a 306) so didnt want to stiffen the rear end too much, or dent another set of wheels on a pot hole. so im thinking ARB would be more benefit to me than thicker bars and cheaper.

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - luke306rallye - 20-01-2013

Just go for the hybrid ARB and get some 21mm torsion bars ThumbsUp

Ill have to check what bars ive got as its a 2002 hdi estate so hopefully have 21s already

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - the milkman - 21-01-2013

Can you get the 205/309 bars?

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - Just Sean - 21-01-2013

Will b interested in June/July

Re: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - rocker8742 - 21-01-2013

Im interested but won't be able to afford it for a couple of months

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - samass - 21-01-2013

Are the 106 ones any cheaper?

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - cwspellowe - 21-01-2013

All bars are the same price as the lumps of material all start the same size Wink

Can do 205/309 bars yes

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - samass - 21-01-2013

Ah furry muff. Not this time round then

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - ozonehostile - 21-01-2013

oh god this is so tempting. il thoroughly assess my finances, why must this be in january!!

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - Ben - 21-01-2013

(21-01-2013, 08:16 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: All bars are the same price as the lumps of material all start the same size Wink

Can do 205/309 bars yes

So the small torsion bars should cost more if anything because they'd take more time to machine down!

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - the milkman - 22-01-2013

Ben stfu man!! You trying to screw me over here hahhaahah

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - sweeney1987 - 22-01-2013

no offence mate, but its a terrible time of year to get a group buy organised.
very few have cash/most paying off debt after xmas.
if i were you id let it run till end of march if you want decent numbers, doubt to many can afford at this time of year

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - cwspellowe - 22-01-2013

Right, but already I've about 6 people provisionally interested and only need 5 to place an order. Given that so many told me in the new year" last time round, this is rather fitting.

If you're poor at the minute, doesn't mean everyone else is Wink

If there's enough interest I can run a group buy every month. It's not a limited run.

RE: Torsion Bar Group Buy 2 - cwspellowe - 23-01-2013

1. Niall (306OC) - hybrid anti roll bar
2. Daniel (306OC) - Torsion bars 23.5mm + Anti Roll Bar
3. Yanni (GTI6) - Hybrid ARB
4. Carlosw828 (GTI6) - Torsion bars 23.5mm

Daniel, what size ARB are you after mate?