306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Marques (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END (/showthread.php?tid=24376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - zx_volcane - 19-11-2016

(19-11-2016, 03:42 PM)procta Wrote: Well that's that, the f*cking thing jumped into gear on me and hit the house wall, only thing you can do is laugh

To be fair I did laugh at that

Best way to go

Thoughts are with you and yours RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - procta - 19-11-2016

(19-11-2016, 04:01 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(19-11-2016, 03:42 PM)procta Wrote: Well that's that, the f*cking thing jumped into gear on me and hit the house wall, only thing you can do is laugh

To be fair I did laugh at that

Best way to go

Thoughts are with you and yours RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yeah best way to go, went out with a bang!

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - Mattcheese31 - 19-11-2016

this is so cruel, can you bear to put pics up? . . . . .

sadly matt, my f*cking phone will not play ball. So I cannot up load any photos of it, Feel free to laugh lads.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - Danny Wideboy - 19-11-2016

Gutted for you mate.

That's it with me with metros now, i am working on a deal with some one to take the car away as a donor for his GTA.
Everything i have metro related will either go with it or binned, 
Not sure where i move from here project wise, that's if i get another project.
I have informed the metro owners club of the car, and i will do as much how to guides for them as possible before i log off there for good.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - bashbarnard - 19-11-2016

thats a shame man, real shame. make sure you get your new project up on here when you get one. ill be sure to follow it just like ive follwed this one through. best of luck

(19-11-2016, 05:08 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: thats a shame man, real shame. make sure you get your new project up on here when you get one. ill be sure to follow it just like ive follwed this one through. best of luck

i cannot see where i will go now sadly, there wont be another metro project, this one was coming to the end anyway, the parts are getting rather thin on the ground now and that goes for all rover bits. Not to mention getting a little pricey. 
Great little cars and highly underrated for what they are, and finding another good one to reshell this one is way to far out now.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - welshpug - 19-11-2016

wtf, how does something jump into gear?! out of gear I can understand, but into?!

(19-11-2016, 05:26 PM)welshpug Wrote: wtf, how does something jump into gear?!  out of gear I can understand, but into?!

f*ck knows welshpug, i can tell you this, the fucker still had the hand brake on! i was just tidying up ready to go out of a test drive. Started the engine and that was it, it took off! Never touched any gears or anything, I did have the car running a little before hand to introduce some anti freeze.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - Piggy - 19-11-2016

Noooo!!!

Just read up you fixed it... Surely can repair the front end??

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - welshpug - 19-11-2016

ohhh so it was in gear when you fired it up.

(19-11-2016, 05:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: Noooo!!!

Just read up you fixed it... Surely can repair the front end??

not worth it, and finding panels now is a pain,

(19-11-2016, 05:53 PM)welshpug Wrote: ohhh so it was in gear when you fired it up.

it would have just stalled, my dad thinks its either been half in and half out.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - procta - 25-11-2016

well that's it, the car now has been SORNed, The car now is provisionally sold as a donor to another metro owner on the metro owners club.
am giving him everything I have metro related now too. No point in me hanging on to anything. The lads getting a right old deal is he not, but then again the lads driving a good way for it too.
Not sure what I will do next sadly lads, I know I wont touch another engine conversion. After the f*ck on I have had with the street sleeper project, but then again that's all been down to bad information.
Was it all worth it in the end? yes for the showing people up in a car with f*ck all street credit. As for the price of doing it, sadly not. The project now stands well over 10k easy! that's going across the two shells.
I could have done a wound up HDI for far less, going back on knowing what I know now.
Those of you have been following me for 8 years, I would like to thank you for pushing me on with this. I think with what happened was the time to call it. I am not gutted on what happened it was just the way the cards have been stacked.
Was this one a Fine car? yeah it was! Just ran out of road on this one lol!

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - zx_volcane - 25-11-2016

Ahhh, some things do come to and end.

Perhaps for the best with this one, and can't deny you gave the car some love over the years.

Prob best not to tot up the totals, never a good move. Hopefully this won't put you off fiddling with another motor in the future. Hindsight is not to be trusted.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - Piggy - 25-11-2016

Never ever ever tot up totals.
But consider how much "information" and "experience" cost... Then you realise it wasnt so bad.
IE: the racetractor. For fear of my own shock death I wont tot it all up...but I've learnt so much to apply to future projects

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - procta - 26-11-2016

(25-11-2016, 01:38 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Ahhh, some things do come to and end.

Perhaps for the best with this one, and can't deny you gave the car some love over the years.

Prob best not to tot up the totals, never a good move. Hopefully this won't put you off fiddling with another motor in the future. Hindsight is not to be trusted.
i wouldn't go through the reshell process again. There just isnt the cars out there now, or even the panels now. I will be struggling in a couple of years down the road. In fact it was touch and go with the welding, i always said if the shell was f*cked or the engine went bang id pull the plug. Plus me and my dad lost all love for the car, with the problems its had. a simple headgasket change turned into a nightmare.
(25-11-2016, 03:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: Never ever ever tot up totals.
But consider how much "information" and "experience" cost... Then you realise it wasnt so bad.
IE: the racetractor. For fear of my own shock death I wont tot it all up...but I've learnt so much to apply to future projects

The info and experience i will always put to good use, me and my dad have done with the landy he has now, wiring in spots and doing other odds and sods with out any trouble, My dad knows a few things, but learned a lot with the metro a long side me. We both really went the distance with the two metros.
Id still will love to rebuild another car again, i do have unfinished bussiness there.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - Matt-Rallye - 26-11-2016

Just buy an MGB and drop a 3.9 V8 into it ThumbsUp

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - Magenta Sunset - 26-11-2016

welllll,
if you fancy doing a TR7 (2.0) hard top resto, i'd find the wedge to buy it off you - - - - -

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - procta - 26-11-2016

(26-11-2016, 08:04 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Just buy an MGB and drop a 3.9 V8 into it ThumbsUp

(26-11-2016, 09:03 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: welllll,
if you fancy doing a TR7 (2.0) hard top resto, i'd find the wedge to buy it off you - - - - -

I am finished with MG and rare stuff now, far to much of a hassle.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! Reshell - procta - 03-12-2016

well after having a think, and with the mount of money and time i have spent, on sorting the engine out. I have found another shell, on an R plate, so i have to look at finding a cat for the system for the MOT,
This one is a Dark blue so again another strip and swop over, but i can leave the loom in place and injection system on. 
I will post photos of the new car, Its a cracker mind! Not sure if i should switch the front to Metro instead of R100.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! Reshell - welshpug - 03-12-2016

I actually saw an MG metro this morning!!

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! Reshell - Piggy - 03-12-2016

Yeeeeeaaaaaas! Best news I've had all week!

Surely dumby cat and kind MOT man? Drive here and i'll sort it Wink

is anyone bothered about a photo of the new shell? i have one ready to post up but if no one is interested then i will not bother.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! Reshell - Danny Wideboy - 03-12-2016

Pics of the new shell and the crash damage are positively encouraged.
Good news you are cracking on with it mate.

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! Reshell - 1616six - 03-12-2016

Why not? Go for it.

Ps. Congrats on the 306oc award Smile

ok lads here's the new shell,

[Image: s-l16006_zpseroyrkb9.jpg]

picked this up today, its a Defender 300 TDI

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! Reshell - BashRacing - 03-12-2016

Great choice, Looks well, I prefer wolf rims over the 8 spokes though

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! Reshell - Paul Baldwin - 04-12-2016

That looks like a VERY tidy example Smile

RE: A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END - procta - 04-12-2016

I have been dropped in it today about this going the journey, it was going to be used as a donor car for a Racing driver, but f*ck it, I am weighing this fucker in this week, with the every fuckin spares I have.