306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wind noise behind dashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got this really annoying problem with my 306 estate, if i drive above 40mph i get this loud rushing air sound like a window is open, ive checked the windows , door alinement, door rubbers and behind the mirror cover. The sound seems to be coming from the dash and not near the door. Any one got any ideas? A gromit missing or something ?
has someone ever make a whole under the scuttle trim to run amp wires into the car? that usally gives a bit of wind noise
Dont think so some old guy had the car before me i doubt he was into amps, was going to unplug the speedo and take it out and drive to see where its coming from
clutch/throttle cable gromet?
Is your windscreen seal hanging out? There was a similar noise in SRowells HDi.
What u mean windscreen seal the rubber around the outside ? I thought they were bonded in

Saying that i did notice today that the windscreen wipers change the noise of it Confused might be related
The wipers change the noise? Maybe its them causing it!

But yeah, the rubber weather strips down the side of the windscreen, if theyre bonded in....not very well lol.