306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: steering wheel movement up and down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as above i can move the steering wheel up and down and want it fixing. is this a steering colum mount?. if so is it easy to change?. cheers karl
sure you havent moved the locking lever?
under the cowling in a hole there is a lever to lock up and down movement

here is a pic of the cowl upside down , in the hole in the top left of the pic is the locking lever
can need a good push/tug to operate
[Image: %24(KGrHqR,!jgE4E+o(IeVBOHrRhFwig~~0_35.JPG]
If not, on the back of the locking mechanism is a nut (13mm iirc) which you can adjust to tighten up how hard the lever clamps the column in place.
its not the lever ive checked that. if i hold the wheel at 6 oclock i can move it slightly up and down. i will get a video tomorrow
Take the coweling off and have a look. Do they have bearings or anything of the like? I will look on the estate tomorrow
There are 4 nuts which hold the rack on make sure they are tight. Take the cowling and fuse cover off too see them
I've got this as well, I should really check it out...
guna check it tomorrw
Let me know how you get on Wink
There is a nylon bush, but if it worn like mine it wont move any more that about 1mm. anymore than that then its what already been said
ok cheers for that. ill text you liam if i sort it Smile
yeah that nylon bush can wear and cause play. I personally wouldn't worry..
think its an MOT fail !
had a fail for my old sierra for it
i was told its a fail too but it passed the last MOT like that
Mine has an advisory for it I think...