306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: timing problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi am new to this site and ive got myself a 306 Dturbo ph1 year 95 . thought it was looking good due to good age/milage, had some dents/scrathes nothing bad Smile couldnt beleve how low it was against my old focus [attachment=4149]. ok cut to the story my head gasket went a month ago and i started to strip it down when i went to lock it into tdc (the only things that would lock was the cam and the fuel pump . does that mean someone has tryed to changed the timing belt ? okay after ive put the new head gasket on and got the timing belt back on the same presion as it was before. after anything was back on (new oil filter and oil ) and priming/bleeding the fuel went to start it and it had taken 10 mins or so to fire up ....when it running its blowing white smoke but if reved abit it blows black smoke Undecideda newer pic as what she looks like [attachment=4150] need help please

sorry if this has been asked before but couldnt find fcuk all :/
Probably timing...

What timing holes are you trying to use?

If you're saying you put the timing belt on in the same position as you did before, but without locking the flywheel, I'll put money on you having not gotten it correct...
well i used the 8mm bolts ( 1 on the cam locking at 4 o clock and 2 on the fuel pump 1 at 12? and the othe at 5 o clock) Sad couldnt get the fly wheel to lock tho
The cam/pump lock twice for every time the flywheel locks once, did you turn the engine over by hand a couple of times to make sure you'd got the right position? Where are you trying to lock off the flywheel?
^ 2.5k grants!!
(07-01-2013, 08:38 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]The cam/pump lock twice for every time the flywheel locks once, did you turn the engine over by hand a couple of times to make sure you'd got the right position? Where are you trying to lock off the flywheel?

yh i turned the engine over by hand and i used a allen key to find the hole under the stater motor but the cam locking hole was out by 7 o clock and the pump was out for good, i turned it over about 2 to 3 times
ok today was werid whent to start the pug and the same old problem wouldnt start 2-3 turns on the key when it did start it was abit lumpy so i went for a drive to penzance about 10mins away as i got there it was sounding nice so i taken it on the a30 opened out in 5th just below 4000rpm now for some werid reason she running sweet as a nut at tik over Smile what happened then ? would it been the fuel that made it sound lumpy ? here's a video before i went out [attachment=4177]
FYI...thats a picture...

sounds like it just hadnt bedded in the new gasket...or there was loads of crap left in the head/cylinders
(07-01-2013, 06:32 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]FYI...thats a picture...

sounds like it just hadnt bedded in the new gasket...or there was loads of crap left in the head/cylinders
oh my bad Smile forgot to record lol
well got the pug back from the garage tonight Smile found the problem the timing was out by 1 nouch Sad 100 pound out of my pocket ouch