306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fuel pressure regulator issues :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all car was cutting out under hard acceleration, changed the fuel pressure Regulator, all was fine for a day. Now the car will run for a day then splutter, cut out, only rev upto 2.4k and over run. To cure the problem I remove the regulator and reinstall. Again all is ok for a few hours. I'm thinking either the o-rings on the regulator are worn or the old regulator did have a flat end with a hole, the new has a point, would this cause an issue?
Yes, you need to replace using the same type.
Pretty sure I swapped mine (one with the filter on end) with one from a 406 hdi ( flat with hole) and it's been working fine ever since.
Hi all issue is sorted, there are two types of pressure regulator. If u have a flat ended regulator you must swap it with the same type. If u put a pointed 1 in it will still run for a little while then cut out, and the fault will reoccur. Might be handy for someone to know. Thanks for the help. Tom
Hmmm, not convinced that was your problem tbh, i've swapped the two types without issue on several other cars. Thanks for taking the time to update though. Smile