306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Windscreen removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried taking one out and had any success?,I've bought a tool that's made for the job but I've never cut a bonded screen out before.

It might be easier to let the professionals do it but I fancy having ago at it myself :-)
I did one successfully... having said that, I took all the trim off, looked to see if there was anywhere to get cutting wire through and managed to pull the whole screen out it one piece.. fair to say that it wasn't too well held on to begin with!

Its getting the new one sealed up that I'd be more likely to leave to the professionals
Literally just taken my smashed screen out, pretty easy with the wire cutting method. News to take the rooflining out and sunroof then just cut around the sides and top. Use the knife tool around the bottom as the wire will melt the dash
What's the wire tool then? Coz that's not what I've got Undecided
wire tool looks like a cheese wire
Oh right I'll have a look for one of them then cheers.
its two handles with pins in the middle, you feed the wire through the pin and push down to lock in place, push the wire through the screen seal the get a mate to help you, one inside the car one outside then just saw around the screen. dont touch the wire though it gets f*cking hot, found that the hard way
Me and spike managed to get one out using a bonnet cable but wouldn't recommend that as it took f*cking ages lol
That's great info thanks for your help :-)