306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ell Diablo - Hydraulic Clutch In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I have a 6 manifold and its the ECU off my cab that ran fine with the same 6 manifold Im selling
Hmmm. PM me pricing bitch tits Wink
So productive day on the car today. Things like fixing my chronic gearbox oil leak, camblet, tensioners and pulleys, wishbone P bushes, radiator leak, all things that sorely needed fixing.......... Still need fixing. Spent the day doing far more becauseracecar mods.

Made up a battery tray, and twin 'sport' battery for the boot.

[Image: IMG_3262_zps78467987.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3261_zps71fc4ea3.jpg]

Just gotta figure a way of fixing it down now. And where, I cant decide if I want it behind the passenger seat, or up back by the bootlid. Suggestions welcome Smile

[Image: IMG_3264_zpse18eb50d.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3263_zps0f915965.jpg]
I have put mine as far to the back as possible bud try and get some weight out back! Even things up as much as poss!
I'd say out the back. Would it make sense to have it over the axle, or just in front though rather than having it right at the back?
Bloody hell, you love taking photos of Nialls legs.

IMO just ahead of the rear axle. Weight wants to be between the axles. Also as they are sealed batterys I'd of mounted them lying down flat on their sides to lower the center of gravity.
(21-07-2013, 03:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Bloody hell, you love taking photos of Nialls legs.

IMO just ahead of the rear axle. Weight wants to be between the axles. Also as they are sealed batterys I'd of mounted them lying down flat on their sides to lower the center of gravity.

What can i say? I have beautiful legs Tongue

They are sealed batteries but considering they weigh f*ck all compared to a standard battery, it really wont make a difference to weight distribution if they are on there sides.
I'd only be gaining about a -20mm difference from laying them on their sides. If i want to get that obsessive about COG ill cut my hear and blow my nose before i set off haha.

Im thinking just infront of axle, next to the arch, or above the petrol tank...

And yes, with legs like those, who could resist taking photos!
It's lower on the boot floor anyway fella!
What about putting one in each rear quarter panel, just in front of axle and even weight on either side plus tucked away

Smart.
(26-07-2013, 08:24 PM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]What about putting one in each rear quarter panel, just in front of axle and even weight on either side plus tucked away

Smart.

Did think that, but then the car is hardly perfectly balanced. Sticking one battery on the other side of the car would be a piss in the ocean lol.

First update for a while. Haven't really used the car much due to a gearbox oil leak.

So woke up today with a raging hangover. Not what you want when you are aiming to crack out a load of work on the car. So sorted myself out with a manwich! of epic proportions!

[Image: IMG_3664_zps52fa7aee.jpg]

Then made headway on fitting the battery into the boot:

[Image: IMG_3708_zpsf6069b79.jpg]

Went better than expected, and they're in there fooking solid. Can rock the car pretty well by holding them. Just need to run a +12v feed from the engine bay back there now.

Also re-located the washer bottle to the boot. After me and Niall being stumped as to why it was pumping but the water wasn't reaching the jets, we realised it was the one way valve. Muppets

Leaving the back of the car looking like this:

[Image: IMG_3707_zpscf00db2c.jpg]

So plans for the rest of the week are to change the oil, filters and plugs. Then to fit the new gearbox oil seals, and twin radiator fans, and wire them into switches to avoid toasty traffic temperatures Smile
Can anybody guess what's going on here?

[Image: photo2_zps5599a992.jpg]
I can!
You seem to have a dog in your passenger seat.

From the later pictures I assume you're going to get screwed.... rod into the car somewhere.
You making gear linkages gunt?
Christ sam the linkages would be heouge, isn't that like M12 stud?!
I know!! Smile
Jesus, no linkages haha. I'm not driving a John Deer.

If I say turner, is that enough of a clue for anyone?
i'll poke at stud conversion...?

also, you have many issues starting up with the relocated battery?
Ginge got it. Stud and nut conversion!

And ginge, it's awful! It won't start at all. I haven't wired it in yet though mind Wink
Ahh yehhhh buddy!

I guessed as much with the starter; there must be a way of fitting some type of transformer closer to the starter?
(12-08-2013, 03:35 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh yehhhh buddy!

I guessed as much with the starter; there must be a way of fitting some type of transformer closer to the starter?

Do what? Its not even wired in yet... lol
lmao

Looking good mate Smile. Is that high tensile threaded rod? I want to convert mine at some point.
Yeah it is Smile not sure what grade, but its a good quality metal.

Im just having a little trouble sourcing flat seating turner nuts. Its looking more and more likely that I will have to get some tapered ones and have them milled down to flat seating Sad
Rally design is where i got mine mate.
Skim reading FTL Doh
Double post sorry.
Fitted a because race car switch pannel Smile lol

[Image: IMG_3729_zpsc0b19100.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3732_zps4bcdf4f1.jpg]

Going to fit battery kill switch and/or ignition barrel in the centre there. Thats the plan anyway...
Haha, that's awesome Smile
oh dear sharp edges on exposed legs

i would think again about the switch panel
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30