306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, thought I best say hi as I have been scouting the forum over the last week trying to hunt down my new HDI estate.

After a few attempts, I have finally sourced my new car and am going to collect next weekend. Luckily I have family close enough to the car to take a look, apparently it is nice and solid, straight and true. She's got under 100K on the clock which was a big deal for me, replaced rear axle recently and FSH. Not too shabby! I am very excited.

So, enough of the rambling, here she is...

[Image: estate3.jpg]

[Image: estate2.jpg]

[Image: estate1.jpg]

[Image: estate4.jpg]

[Image: estate5.jpg]

[Image: estate6.jpg]

I'm going to keep her fairly standard to start and just sort out it's blemishes. Could do with either a new wing and rear bumper or some paint repairs on both and needs a new rear wiper or remove it totally and a china mirror cover on the one side, but that is about all.

Which brings me to my first question to you all, I am a noob as far as the derv's go and not really in the know how mechanically so I apologise if this question has been answered or explained a million times. Anyway, I will want to get her remapped soon(ish) and dont know where to start, getting anywhere for a remap is a difficulty to me however I understand there is a way I can do this myself? If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very grateful. Also, is there a guide somewhere to towbar removal?

Thanks, Tom.
Best advice for remapping.. Get your own tool either a KWP2000 or a Galletto then all you need is the map, flash it across and voila!
Id leave the towbar on, might save you if someone bumps into the back of you Tongue
Midnightclub Wrote:Best advice for remapping.. Get your own tool either a KWP2000 or a Galletto then all you need is the map, flash it across and voila!

That's what I was hoping you'd say. I think my mate has one of these, diagnostics tool yeah? He's a peugeot mechanic so that must be it. So where do I acquire the map?!

Cheers again, Tom.
Connor Wrote:Id leave the towbar on, might save you if someone bumps into the back of you Tongue

Fair shout, I might take it off and spray it a matte black in that case.
tomcannon Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Id leave the towbar on, might save you if someone bumps into the back of you Tongue

Fair shout, I might take it off and spray it a matte black in that case.

Thats a good idea, maybe do it a lairy colour? Tongue
Welcome aboard Smile. Estate looks nice, maybe just remove the shield from the tow bar if you're not going to use it? Make it a bit more subtle.
tomcannon Wrote:
Midnightclub Wrote:Best advice for remapping.. Get your own tool either a KWP2000 or a Galletto then all you need is the map, flash it across and voila!

That's what I was hoping you'd say. I think my mate has one of these, diagnostics tool yeah? He's a peugeot mechanic so that must be it. So where do I acquire the map?!

Cheers again, Tom.

I've sent you a PM mate Smile
welcome. im not much help on the derv side of things but loads of peeps on here to help you. nice car by the way.
Welcome! The car looks really good Smile I agree with the above, about spraying the tow bar black, will make it much less obvious!
Welcome along :-)
Hello.
Welcome along pal
Welcome to the forum mate Big Grin
Hey there!

is that a white tail plate? or just the lighting of it..
Welcome. Nice looking car and the best colour! Big Grin
Cheers guys, I'm assuming it's just the light, cant see why she would have a white tailplate, I'll find out soon enough!

Tom.