306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Airbag clock spring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the casualties of my heater matrix change has been the airbag clock spring. I mistook part of the disc for a plug and tried to unplug it which resulting in it coming off and all of the tape going everywhere. I was looking at this for a replacement:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-AI...2ec42c4225
It comes off a V veg I don't know if it will be compatible with the mark 1 airbag ECU or not.
I'd imagine it'd be different but can't say for sure. Surely the ph3 uses a 'better' airbag ECU to cope with the extra airbags. Correct me if I'm wrong but theres only one in ph1s isn't there?

There must be a part number on yours though, see if it matches the ebay one. I would think any replacement would have to be reset as well, maybe with PP or something.
doubt it will work. On the ph1s, the airbag controller is actually in the airbag in the steering wheel so i would of thought they are different.

And tom, if the ph1 is anything like the 2/3, the airbag system does a self check every start so doesnt need resetting with PP2000
(08-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]doubt it will work. On the ph1s, the airbag controller is actually in the airbag in the steering wheel so i would of thought they are different.

And tom, if the ph1 is anything like the 2/3, the airbag system does a self check every start so doesnt need resetting with PP2000

Fair enough. I'm trying to use VAG knowledge with Pugs again and failing haha. Got my airbag slip ring/turn angle sensor (combined) on ebay atm and had a few people ask will it work straight off - but it seems it needs to be programmed by VCDS. I assumed Pugs would be the same, my bad.
(08-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]doubt it will work. On the ph1s, the airbag controller is actually in the airbag in the steering wheel so i would of thought they are different.

The airbag controller is underneath the centre console on my oneUndecided But I have seen some on eBay which seem to be shaped to fit the steering wheel which is weird.

Either way the reason I am asking is because from what I can tell the clock spring is just a device to allow the electricity to pass to the airbag in the steering wheel but I wanted to be on the safe side.
Best bet is to check part numbers bud. Could be the same!
Does anyone know for sure or do I have to go on a scrappy raid?
Right, further investigations using servicebox indicate there are two types:

RPO07010
RPO07011

My old one has long been thrown out now so if anyone knows which one is fitted to phase 1 feel free to let me know!
Right, from comparing the squib for the 1996 and the 2000, the only difference seems to be the colour of the plug;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-MK...4609769bbe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-AI...2ec42c4225

As you can see, the plug on the 2000 one is brown. But I don't know if the plug design is different or not.