306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: OMP Deep dish wheel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just seen omp wheels on ebay for cheap,id asume there fake

has anyone got one of these, whats the quality like?

On another note, how much difference is there when driving with a deep dish wheel??
I love mine. No idea if it's real or a copy unless you post the link to the eBay ad though!
I got mine for £33.99 posted on eBay & loved it. Once you get used to the indicators being further away it's awesome, nothing like driving a car with an aftermarket steering wheel. Suede in this weather is epic too for warmth!
I love mine. Mines slightly higher quality than the really cheap eBay ones but iv used the ~£30 ebay wheels before and they felt fine to me. Mine was about 2 inches smaller diameter than standard so made the steering slightly heavier which I liked. And if you get one with a massive dish you wont be able to reach indicator/washer stalks without taking your hands off the wheel, which is inconvenient.
I've got a suede qsp one. I love it.

Jj's right about the warmth in this weather too!!
puts your hands in just the right place for driving whilst keeping your legs stretched out, all the perfect place for driving!
^^ Except for indicators, as already stated, on a road car.

There are tonnes of OMP Corsica reps all over the place, mostly cheap Chinese jobbies. They're fine for the money, but would be better if there were more around in leather. Suede is all well and good, but they're meant to be used with race cars, and therefore gloves. After a while of use they go horrible from the oils from your hands.

I've got a leather OMP dished wheel (a proper one) but it's leather and 75mm dished not 90. Much prefer the leather and means I can reach the indicators fine without taking my hands off the wheels (or stretching a lot as with the Corsica).
It's is one of the things I really want to get badly!
I always wear driving gloves. Becauseracecommute
(07-12-2012, 10:06 PM)Mowle5677 Wrote: [ -> ]It's is one of the things I really want to get badly!

Mines sitting here waiting for you ;-)
(07-12-2012, 10:12 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]I always wear driving gloves. Becausei'mamassivefanny

I have to agree with you there Ed
(07-12-2012, 08:44 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]I got mine for £33.99 posted on eBay & loved it. Once you get used to the indicators being further away it's awesome, nothing like driving a car with an aftermarket steering wheel. Suede in this weather is epic too for warmth!

does it bend ??
(07-12-2012, 10:12 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2012, 10:06 PM)Mowle5677 Wrote: [ -> ]It's is one of the things I really want to get badly!

Mines sitting here waiting for you ;-)

Just need a boss now!
I'm your boss.
(07-12-2012, 10:15 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2012, 10:12 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]I always wear driving gloves. Becausei'mamassivefanny

I have to agree with you there Ed

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
I have a genuine omp Corsica on the Rallye and it's awesome. Needs a clean up but still win
(07-12-2012, 10:23 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I have a genuine omp Corsica on the Rallye and it's awesome. Needs a clean up but still win

Show off Wink
Genuine OMP club FTW Wink
Team genuine omp Tongue
team "genuine minted and wana let people know", not Ftw!!
Very ftw. Genuine much better. I don't do things by halfs, hence the thrown rod.
(07-12-2012, 10:23 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I have a genuine omp Corsica on the Rallye and it's awesome. Needs a clean up but still win

I had a thought about your sweaty hands the other day...

someone on the '6 forum cleaned up their wheel with suede cleaner and a brush and warm water. look into it?
Yeah man, think it was Niall I spoke to about shade cleaner and a toothbrush. I'd do it if it wasn't in pinner..... Haha
(07-12-2012, 11:33 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah man, think it was Niall I spoke to about shade cleaner and a toothbrush. I'd do it if it wasn't in pinner..... Haha

shade cleaner? to clean those bits hidden from the sun?

oh yeah, i was reeeeeeally tempted to pull of your sump when i was up there the other day...
Haha pull the whole engine out for me? Replace with another '6 engine and You won't owe me anything anymore...... Wink
OK!!

ninja
If you put one of those bloody xsi engines in I'll kill you
whaaaaaat? no, I'd never do that! this one would be a lot lighter.... whistle
Hmmm what else do you have lying around? Xud or nad?
Pages: 1 2