306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Obligatory MOT Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pass or fail? Wishbones need changing and it needs a service. I'm guessing it'll fail on emissions and worn bushes Sad
Fail because your a dirty ginger

nah you give it enough of a ragging so i reckon unless your cat isnt working or theres another issue. emissions will be fine!
And trust me, bushes have to be REALLY bad for it to fail on them. You should of booked it in at the place i take mine to mate. I didnt get a single advisory on mine (even though i know it could do with brake hoses and at the time, rear discs and pads.
Forgive me here but..

Why would you put a car in for MOT if you know the wishbones are fooked and its in need of some love? Tongue

I always clean under / everything pre mot, grease all the brake line joisn etc, and just make sure the guy knows its loved for, always think its a good idea to set a good impression with MOT tester, far less likely to fail you for something anal then...
That's my normal approach Darren but yesterday turned into a bit of a fail and my new wishbones didn't arrive with enough time to change them. Also I figure if I'm going to spend time fixing the wishbones (if they fail) I'd rather know if anything else needs changing while I'm doing it... Just to get it all done at once Smile
dont worry about the emissions though. these seem to be really good on emissions providing they are looked after and have no obvious issues.
Hm i guess, well good lucky anyway Smile hate that time of year!

Mine ran out of MOT a while ago, but bit hard to MOT with no engine!
If it fails how will ed get to hockey tomorrow?
Cheers Darren, it's pretty worrying as I've had to spend out on a load of other stuff recently too so having to spend lots on the MOT just before Christmas isn't ideal!

In any case, it passed with no advisories! The exhaust was blowing a little at the sleeve, I think where I'd been wiggling it about getting the exhaust mounts on it must have worked its way off a bit, so he sorted that for me and didn't charge me any extra which is awesome. I'll be heading back there next week with Kim's car so I'm glad to see they were good about it Smile

So Ed should be fine to get to hockey tomorrow, all is well!
good to hear it passed man Smile

when you tackling the 'bones again?
Cheers dude. Maybe when it warms up, so probably in summer and lol I kid. Probably will change them early next year. Got a few busy weeks ahead of me now, not sure I'll have time before then!
furrrry muff, you know where I am, I'll try make sure your wheel doesn't fall off this time! Rofl
lol Thanks again mate. You were a massive help yesterday! Same goes for Fooby today bringing up the 18mm ball joints. Luckily I didn't need them, but still it's awesome that he went out of his way to sort that out for me Smile
No worries dude, it was fun!

And yes, I know I'm nuts.
(07-12-2012, 04:38 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]my new wishbones didn't arrive with enough time to change them.

!!!!
With enough time to change them given other things that I had to do... Smile