306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Budget DTurbo - Project Ding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to my budget diesel turbo project.

The photo's should help to explain the title:

[Image: DSCN7315.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7328.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7318.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7323.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7325.jpg]

Have bought the car to use for the daily commute for the next 4 months.

Today I've done the following:

Fixed an air leak on the fuel filter and hopefully sorted the starting issues
Fixed the drivers door loom, as the locks kept popping up. Only 2 damaged wires.
Fixed the interior light. Door switches not working.
Fitted a cd player.
Replaced the clock bulbs.
Uprated the headlight bulbs.
Changed the rear indicator bulbs.

Few, what an afternoon.

Am now trying to decide whether to 'Rat' the car or tidy it up. The scrap man has said he'll give pretty much what I paid, but I guess a tidy diesel will fetch a fair few hundred more. I have no history of a clutch change and I'm guessing the cambelt is overdue, so this need to be considered.

What are others views? To Rat or not?
defiantly tidy it up, the 306 is getting on abit now and should be preserved Smile
when you say uprated bulbs do you mean higher wattage? . . . .just asking because there was some in my car when i bought it and they burnt the relay out . .Smile
Ah no, not upped the wattage. Just better bulbs.
Changed the sidelight bulbs too as they were mega dim.
Rat look is a bit homo tbh but I wouldnt bother sorting the damage. Get the cambelt sorted and then lower and tune!

Clutch as and when it starts slipping!
Dont do shat look, just make it go faster and leave the dents Big Grin
306 hatches look shit ratted tbh. Im yet to see a good one. For what it owes you id just tune and lower it. If your handy with the spanners it will cost you pennies. And just get the belt done. And if the 306 gets a grip on you ( as they do tend to do with alot of people) start thinking about tiding it up then.