306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: paint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need to spray my sill does anyone now where i can find my paint code for my car bought paint from halfords but after closer look dosent look the same thanks.
Usually one of 3 places and they are nearside inner wing just behind the strut top mount, the vin plate in the boot(near where the jack is usually located) and drivers door shut by the tyre pressures sticker.
The other option would be to put a picture up and we will tell you
Couldn't find it in any of these places Sad strange but i bought pagoda red and done a lil test and it seems to be the right colour.
shouldnt it be cherry red or diablo? pretty sure thats diablo! Make sure you dont go by the lids colour haha as those arent anywhere near the colour!
I'd say Diablo from the pic but I may be wrong - most common colour on a red 306 of that era.
The other thing you could do is ring up your local pug dealers and ask to speak to the parts department. Tell them you need to buy a touch up pen but you can't find the colour code anywhere. Give them your chassis no from the log book and they will tell you your paint code.

Oh and SRowell should know - I think he's had 3 Diablos now lol
Trouble is there are so many variants if diablo through the years
Bet its M4KQ - ph3 diablo, looks too light to be ph2 diablo and it is the changeover year..

It should be behind the strut on a ph2, are you certain its not there?
Yea just been out for another check and can not see it anywhere spent most of the morning putting the filler in so going to spray it tomorrow the pagoda red seems to be close when i done a little test it should just say on the log book would make it a lot easier
Is it flat or metallic?
Metallic
You know diablo is pearlescent rather than mettallic right... Big Grin
My advice would be. Paint the sills black then buy some diablo side skirts from ebay/parts section. Speak to spike2002 he has some diablo skirts.

And that is defo phase 2 diablo red. And halfords pre mix diablo paint will not match it
(01-12-2012, 08:46 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]My advice would be. Paint the sills black then buy some diablo side skirts from ebay/parts section. Speak to spike2002 he has some diablo skirts.

And that is defo phase 2 diablo red. And halfords pre mix diablo paint will not match it

I've found its not THAT bad, if you squint from a distance. The match on my spoiler is pretty good. Anyone who knows what theyre looking at will spot the difference, but it kinda varies from tin to tin!
I might just use the paint i got now and then put some skirts on her thanks anyway guys.